+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1/14 Season 7 Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/14 Season 7 Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

I...wasn't so wild about Ping's design. I am not even sure what to call it. It kind of looked like blankets and scarves draped over her model. Can Ping sew?

Didn't like the glossy chocolate gown either, but it was more memorable than the losing design. The winning design was good but not my favorite.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3799543;
    I liked Ping's design. It was a breath of fresh air. I'm getting sick of seeing the same silhouettes coming down the runway. I've seen too many of the same details on too many shows. Be different. Be cutting-edge.

I think I'm liking the designs of people who have not attended formal design school from the states because it seems the graduates produce cookie cutter designs. I know they may have more construction experience and technique but the schooled seem less creative.

Now, I like many of the best works showcased in the opening segment. Apparently, the show doesn't do the designer's justice because the junk created doesn't hold a candle to their previous works. I'm still irritated by the rush rush requirements. It makes them resort back to design school basics. Puffed shoulders, puffed hip pockets, baby doll dresses, yawwwwn.
    That's why I love the finale - it lets us see what they can do with enough time to really make it special. That's why I think Jeff's quality of work was so much higher at the finale than throughout the season.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I love the new season so far.

I totally agreed with the results, though. I don't have a problem with color, but I didn't like the piecing together Christianne did on her dress, the bottom part on the back looked like it was just suddenly coming outta her butt.

I am apparently alone in my like of the lizard-skin dress. I loved it.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3802303;
    I am apparently alone in my like of the lizard-skin dress. I loved it.
    No your not, I liked that dress as well! My only complaint about the dress is that it was a bit too much brown for my taste. But that could easily be changed with some flashy chandelier earings, a sparkly braclet, and some hot shoes. I loved the design of the dress, the way it fit on the model, and the material used.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Thank you, RITS.

I'm ordinarily very turned-off by brown. But I did think the monotone, muted color saved the dress from being garish.

Of course, if it had been done in metallic green hue-changing vinyl, it would have been perfect for last season's movie-theme challenge.

I liked Ping's design this time, but I have a feeling she's going to keep doing something similar each time, and it's not going to fit every challenge, and it will get her in trouble fast.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

This series of PR reminds me of the last series of Top Chef. As Tom Colichio said....Three were 4-5 contestants that could have won TC any other season. Same with this season of PR (so far anyway). There is tons of talent on that stage this time around.

I don't think I need all the drama on these shows. I really do appreciate the talent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234