+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3849685;
    Valeria is so invisible.
    Isn't she? This is the first I've noticed her, yet she's physically flawless, model-wise. She has the stuff to be a possible supermodel.

Carrie was my favorite though. I liked her personality, honesty, and ethics. She was supportive of others whether or not it was in her 'best interest' unlike that one who I thought would never leave (Jesse's model.)

I also thought it a shame that she likely hears how 'fat' she is simply for having a violin shape instead of a pipe cleaner shape. I hope she continues to work and never has to hear that again.

Hope they might do a follow up show or even segment, on what's happening with the models now. Maybe for the PR website, end of season?

FORT Fogey

Re: Models of the Runway (S2)

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3786362;
    Valeria's my favorite. Hope she gets paired with Jay Nicolas Sario.
    When I saw all the models before the season started, in its Lifetime website, Valeria was the only model I found of HF-calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3863637;
    Spoiler alert!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Valeria was Janeane's model which is wack because if she gave up that job (and according to Heidi a lot of moolah) to be with SA to final 3, she screwed up along the way and ended up in the worst NYFW collection from this season's designers. It also guarantees that Jonathan didn't make top 3 because he had Cerri in NYFW. And Jonathan screwed up a good rapport with Cerri (who defended him) by picking Brandise (who was Mila's model in NYFW). Making Mila save Kristina (SA's NYFW model) making SA still in the running for top 3, so there could still be a Valeria-SA falling out in the next shows. So how it all ends up this way, I would want to find out. BTW, Monique was Anthony's NYFW model so she doesn't win as well. Isn't there a spoiler for the next episode where Tim Gunn comes in the work area and announces bad news? Maybe this will explain Maya's circumstances during NYFW.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    OK ... your post has me confused (though no fault of yours.) However. I had been thinking that possibly Tim's bad/stunning news is that Valeria changed her mind and decided to do DKNY instead. That would leave them a model short so they'd ask Cerri back. ... OR perhaps, Maya departs for whatever reason leaving them with an extra model, freeing Valeria to take the DKNY job, and then coming back for NYFW. I have no idea what's likely but either of those occurrences could possibly explain the NYFW set-up. Right ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3864427;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    OK ... your post has me confused (though no fault of yours.) However. I had been thinking that possibly Tim's bad/stunning news is that Valeria changed her mind and decided to do DKNY instead. That would leave them a model short so they'd ask Cerri back. ... OR perhaps, Maya departs for whatever reason leaving them with an extra model, freeing Valeria to take the DKNY job, and then coming back for NYFW. I have no idea what's likely but either of those occurrences could possibly explain the NYFW set-up. Right ?
    Now that second possibility could work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3864427;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sorry! I know it could be confusing, you have to be updated on the NYFW spoilers in relation to what's going-on currently (just like a soap opera). SPOILER!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But the previews say that a designer comes back in the competition so there's an even designer-model ratio.

Anyways, could this be the big DKNY booking that Valeria gave up (campaign includes rising stars Gracie Carvalho and Han Jin)? Big mistake! HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3864464;
    Sorry! I know it could be confusing, you have to be updated on the NYFW spoilers in relation to what's going-on currently (just like a soap opera). SPOILER!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But the previews say that a designer comes back in the competition so there's an even designer-model ratio.

Anyways, could this be the big DKNY booking that Valeria gave up (campaign includes rising stars Gracie Carvalho and Han Jin)? Big mistake! HUGE!
    I'm mostly up to date now ... I think.

Since I don't know much about the modeling world, I guess I am naive enough to have thought that Valeria considered them (PR w/SA v. DKNY job) different but equal opportunities.

She said the DKNY job was on the next Runway Date ... so I understood that to mean one day, one shoot, but taking it meant she would lose the chance at the PR win. It was a gamble to be sure and you and most everyone here is saying it was a big mistake so I believe you as you all seem to know more about this stuff than I.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They went into detail about Valeria dropping out of the competition again a couple minutes ago. I thought they said she was offered a runway show, but now it looks like it's still a shoot, the same one she turned down. DKNY wasn't gonna let it go and offered her DOUBLE the money! Fortunately this time she sat down with Seth Aaron and he said "Do it." so she did. This is a much better ending than what originally occurred.

Lorena secured the win for Emilio. His original design was very covered and she talked it down. He better be grateful... not only is she one of the strongest models, but she knows how to tweak designs and her skin is insane looking too.

This is so painful. Cerri was brought back only to be eliminated again! Eliminated twice in a row, what an ego blow! This happened last time they brought back somebody as well.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3868412;
    This is so painful. Cerri was brought back only to be eliminated again! Eliminated twice in a row, what an ego blow! This happened last time they brought back somebody as well.
    I would have been much more sympathetic (Cerri was one of my favorites) if she hadn't slammed Jay so much. Her insecurities turned her into a trash-talker, which disappointed me. I thought she was more mature and professional than that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3868573;
    I would have been much more sympathetic (Cerri was one of my favorites) if she hadn't slammed Jay so much. Her insecurities turned her into a trash-talker, which disappointed me. I thought she was more mature and professional than that.
    I know. Frankly, Jonathan's dress looked like a sack and the front was a mess. And it was funny how the animosity between Jay and Mila has been translated to their models.

+ Reply to Thread