+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3812738;
    It seems that no one likes Sarah (Anthony only chose her because Sophia was "difficult") and that she's going next. Even Alexis pointed that out in the preview where she was labeled a "villain" for going there.
    So I was a little disappointed when Sophia was eliminated because I thought she would keep things interesting instead of us having to watch the girls say, "Oh em gee! My designer got eliminated! I'm going to get elimimated! " 24/7. That gets so tedious, and frankly, I'm kinda tired of it.

Then I remembered that Alexis was still there. Thank goodness.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3812747;
    So I was a little disappointed when Sophia was eliminated because I thought she would keep things interesting instead of us having to watch the girls say, "Oh em gee! My designer got eliminated! I'm going to get elimimated! " 24/7. That gets so tedious, and frankly, I'm kinda tired of it.

Well, everyone's still friendly because there's still a lot of them. But once we near the end, the claws come out. Remember what they said about Katie last season? Anywho, Katie's doing the Garnier segment will Philip Carreon(?) at the end of the rerun show on Comcast (yes, she talks too). She's actually good at it and might have found her calling.

FORT Fogey

I think it is very important to seek connection with designers, photographers and anyone else in charge of booking you. I have a photogragpher friend who hires models frequently depending on the job he gets. Rapport with him is crucial. He has certain modles he asks for and will arrange the shoot around their schedule, if possible. He needs to have a look and skill, certainly, but their personality and working style has high priority.

I am generally unimpressed with this batch of models. None of them stand out to me so far. Well, actually Sophia did butt hen she got the boot so now I'm back to no stand outs...

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3812747;

This is the most abysmally repetitive "filler" show I've ever seen. I watched last season solely because I adored Matar. Every episode consists of at least six "confessionals" of the model whose designer went home saying "I mean, I AM worried about being eliminated. My designer went home, so I COULD be going home too." Followed by other models sitting around and saying, "I think X is in danger of going home, because her designer went home."

Please cut down on the excessive filler and repetition!

FORT Fogey

It is really funny to see anyone on this show, model or designer (Wendy Pepper), view this as a game. Alexis thinks she is on Survivor! It isn't a game, it is a competion based on skill and the models have little control over their fate. Be the best you can and hope the designers are attracted to your walk, confidence and ability to sell that garment.

FORT Fogey

Someone had to have talked to the designers about switching it up, and keeping it interesting this season. Last season noone changed, and this season they all do? I like that they are trying to give us an in on how the model's aspect of the show goes, but I agree there just is not a story there. They need to have them do some form of competition that they get immunity or bonus money or something to keep it interesting. I hate the way they have to stand on the runway like that just waiting to be picked. and really when the competition does not even involve them like this one, what can they do to earn their attempt at the money? I also would like to hear why the designers choose whom they choose more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3818883;
    Someone had to have talked to the designers about switching it up, and keeping it interesting this season. Last season noone changed, and this season they all do?

I hate the way they have to stand on the runway like that just waiting to be picked.

I also would like to hear why the designers choose whom they choose more.
    Yes, I agree. I think the designers have been given a talk about keeping the models feelings out of it and go for the change. It released any feelings of loyality and obligation, as well. I can hear that pep talk now.

A model's life involves being chosen. Being rejected on this show is an opportunity for growth. If aware, they will discover how to improve so they will be in demand.

I would love to hear how the designers choose their models, absolutely!

FORT Fogey

I think the judges should pick the best model each week. First the winning designer picks a model, then the winning model picks a designer... after that they do the bag with every other person who picks (designer, model, designer, model). Since the designers do NOT know what the challenge is in advance, they should be able to form their design based on their model.

FORT Fogey

MAYBE even the judges determine the worst model each week who goes home (based on how they walk, do NOT sell the garment, or look bored and don't support the designer's appeal on the judges panel). I would not want it to be based on how the model looks in the garment though, that's the designer's fault. Each model should have to work it!

+ Reply to Thread