+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

FORT Newbie

Re: Models of the Runway (S2)

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3793860;
    Wow, Alexis, Alison, and Kasey look like they should be modeling for "More" magazine. Very old looking. The rest are a hit or miss for me.
    I agree with you on that. I wonder how old they are.

FORT Fogey

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Brandise is just plain ugly. I do not know what or how she got to be a model.

I wonder what Cerri meant by saying the newer models will learn and get "slapped" in the face (saying something along those lines) from mingling at the party? I thuink it might be a waste of time for models to go to these parties. After all, if I were a designer or worked in a fashion magazine or even casting for a shoot, I seriously wouldn't waste my time getting to know a model. I'd just go to a model agency and pick one out in the lineupthat fits the job. I know that sounds harsh, but that's how I'd go about it because I'd have enough on my mind.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3812036;
    I wonder what Cerri meant by saying the newer models will learn and get "slapped" in the face (saying something along those lines) from mingling at the party? I thuink it might be a waste of time for models to go to these parties. After all, if I were a designer or worked in a fashion magazine or even casting for a shoot, I seriously wouldn't waste my time getting to know a model. I'd just go to a model agency and pick one out in the lineupthat fits the job. I know that sounds harsh, but that's how I'd go about it because I'd have enough on my mind.
    I don't think it's a waste of time at all. Yes, they are models, but guess what, they are real people too *gasp*. Social networking like this, when you can build an impression or people can remember your face, that is important.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3812005;
    Brandise is just plain ugly. I do not know what or how she got to be a model.
    I actually like Brandise in the show (not so much in her photo). She has so much personality and CD's and photogs love personality. Although she reminds me of Kelly Cutrone, if Kelly were tall, thin, and prettier.

FORT Fogey

Come to think of it, I don't get why Megan blamed Ping for not fitting her (she said that Ping spent so much time teaching Brandise what to do on the catwalk) when there's also Jesse in the picture. I have to see it again to find out if I missed something.

Networking is not necessarily bad if you don't get carried away. Last season Valerie got offered a job at one of those parties. Small consolation for being kicked out twice in a row but nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3812369;
    I don't think it's a waste of time at all. Yes, they are models, but guess what, they are real people too *gasp*. Social networking like this, when you can build an impression or people can remember your face, that is important.
    Well, of course models are people, too, but I'm afraid that if I were someone looking for especially a face or body for my product I wouldn't bother talking up a model and if a model wanted to be in my show, tell their agency about the job to get the information to get themselves scheduled in for a tryout or a go-see. If I pick a model and I liked working with her and she fit whatever image the new product or project is, I'll contact her again. To me, it's simple as that.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

Well, if there was a casting director present, then networking would have been great. But maybe the ones present were not that impressive (no, a magazine editor does not cast models). I noticed that the girls who didn't socialize were the older, more seasoned ones. I guess they weren't impressed with the spread.

FORT Fogey

It seems that no one likes Sarah (Anthony only chose her because Sophia was "difficult") and that she's going next. Even Alexis pointed that out in the preview where she was labeled a "villain" for going there.

+ Reply to Thread