+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - Season 2

old cow

Re: Models of the Runway - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3878937;
    I think my favorite was Valeria. There was just something about the way she worked so well with SA. Little crush aside, she seemed to get his style and showcase it well.
    My fav. this season has been Brandise. She reminds me of Koji from last season. GOD i loved me some Koji and while i dont think Brandise is as pretty as koji is i still like her. I did find Brandise's new hair but to be a bit too Mila. The short, severe bangs like Mila had just dont suit her.

old cow

I gotta admit, I'm a little bummed that the reunion show/models of the runway is only going to be 30 mins. I mean come on people, how can we catch up with all the juicy behind-the-scenes tidbits in only 30 mins?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3883709;
    I gotta admit, I'm a little bummed that the reunion show/models of the runway is only going to be 30 mins. I mean come on people, how can we catch up with all the juicy behind-the-scenes tidbits in only 30 mins?!
    I thought they congested the reunion to the most awkward, most snarky, most b1+chy 30 minutes. A lot of the designers (well, most of the ones we don't care that much about) we didn't hear from. And only a handful of models were there. Yeah, I guess I would have liked a longer reunion edit. Maybe they have more on the website.

Wow. That comment Jay made about Cerri was WAY out of line. If he can't handle criticism - and I think her comments were pretty diplomatic - then he's not going to get very far in the fashion world. I was glad everyone told him he was rude and made him apologize, but it kind of made me glad he didn't make the final 3.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3883932;
    Wow. That comment Jay made about Cerri was WAY out of line. If he can't handle criticism - and I think her comments were pretty diplomatic - then he's not going to get very far in the fashion world. I was glad everyone told him he was rude and made him apologize, but it kind of made me glad he didn't make the final 3.
    I've got to see the clips again. I don't remember her being diplomatic about anything (when called out about it during the reunion, yeah, but during the past clips she was lambasting his person). And she was kind off criticising below the belt. And even insulted LA and Miami in the process. So bad-teeth-and-thick-legs had it coming to her. I think she insulted him below the belt first.
    Last edited by watts; 04-23-2010 at 05:34 AM.

At the reunion show though, she was pretty nice about it, I thought: she just said it wasn't her style or something to that effect. Plus, she was commenting on his work. Jay made it personal. I thought it was pretty low and it seemed like the rest of the designers and models thought so too.

It seems to me that they all get pretty harsh in their confessionals on the show and Jay was the only one to get mean about it like that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I cannot blame Jay for being angry over comments about his clothes. We all have opinions, but not all of us always get to hear such blatant bashing of our work. He just took it too far, but again he had just been cut a day or two before this reunion so his feelings are still raw from that.

I did not get his clothes either, but I would not want him to hear me say that to his face.

I disliked all three of the last models. I thought they were three of the most awkward looking. I disliked Brandise from the beginning, and still do not see much appeal to her look. Lorena might get a little better with age, but I do not see much that sets her apart, and Christina personally was a big sweetheart, but I did not like her look either.

FORT Fan

Ping was SO annoying.

I can't stand that kind of emotional blackmail.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

Kristina's pretty but she doesn't look fresh (bottomline, she looks old). Seth Aaron, had he been not a nice guy, should have gone with Lorena.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3883944;
    At the reunion show though, she was pretty nice about it, I thought: she just said it wasn't her style or something to that effect. Plus, she was commenting on his work. Jay made it personal. I thought it was pretty low and it seemed like the rest of the designers and models thought so too.

It seems to me that they all get pretty harsh in their confessionals on the show and Jay was the only one to get mean about it like that.
    Didn't Anthony call Mila a "50 year-old" in the New Yorker? These girls, Mila, Brandise, and Cerri, were b1+chy on the show and they need to be put in their places. Cerri had it coming to her, she criticised Jay as a designer (his bread and butter) so it was just fitting he criticised her as a model (her bread and butter). It wasn't like he said directly that she had bad teeth and thick legs (he said he wouldn't cast models with those traits in his shows), he merely implied it. If she can hand it out, she should be able to take it, too.
    Last edited by watts; 04-23-2010 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread