+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Williams - Season 7

Re: Anthony Williams - Season 7

I just picked up my copy of April's issue of Marie Claire. Heidi looks amazing in Anthongy's dress. I love how they added the diamond pendants. I got kind of teary eyed there. I see that he was comissioned to design another dress/outfit. Yeah for Anthony.

I wish him the best in his endeavors. PS, I am loving Michael Kors' handbags listed in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3855653;
    I just picked up my copy of April's issue of Marie Claire. Heidi looks amazing in Anthongy's dress. I love how they added the diamond pendants. I got kind of teary eyed there. I see that he was comissioned to design another dress/outfit. Yeah for Anthony.

I wish him the best in his endeavors. PS, I am loving Michael Kors' handbags listed in the magazine.
    They were diamond earrings, but yes, I thought they added a lovely touch as well. Anthony's design definitely was best suited for the cover of Marie Claire magazine, especially when they decide to do a crop like that.

Spoilers (just in case - I'll remove if people don't see this as such ):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I love how they also did a lovely little story on the design - will say that the criticism of the others was interesting on whom they chose and made sure the model was included too. He also got two photos of Heidi in the outfit as well - cover and inside. Yes, the dress is different slightly, but I'm not surprised if Anthony had to make a second one to Heidi's proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3855675;
    They were diamond earrings, but yes, I thought they added a lovely touch as well. Anthony's design definitely was best suited for the cover of Marie Claire magazine, especially when they decide to do a crop like that.

Spoilers (just in case - I'll remove if people don't see this as such ):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I love how they also did a lovely little story on the design - will say that the criticism of the others was interesting on whom they chose and made sure the model was included too. He also got two photos of Heidi in the outfit as well - cover and inside. Yes, the dress is different slightly, but I'm not surprised if Anthony had to make a second one to Heidi's proportions.
    They were earring? How, it made the dress pop. I'm sure they had to adjust to fit her after birth body. Still the dress was amazing on her. I forgot all about the model, I was focused on Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3856577;
    They were earring? How, it made the dress pop. I'm sure they had to adjust to fit her after birth body. Still the dress was amazing on her. I forgot all about the model, I was focused on Anthony.
    The earring note is I believe either in the second photo or the "On the cover" notes nearer to the front.

I focused more on Anthony's reactions of course during the show, but I will give kudos to that model, she did a great job modeling it (and other wares if she's still there - been a while since I've gotten to see the model's show).

That said, I do think Heidi's is a second dress based on the shoulder, and the rumor/fact (have no confirm either way) the outfits designed are auctioned off for a charity. That would mean Anthony's dress was sold, and another one was made.

As far as this week's outfit, I loved the smoke idea for fire, but he does need to be careful to not do too much draping and get out of his comfort zone. He had problems with the metal one (though IMHO minor), but if he can keep pulling out good designs, he could possibly get close to if not in the final three.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And people thought that he was going to be gone EARLY..... I guess he's shown them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

"You don't have to have a crown to be a queen!"

I'm gonna miss him!

Thought his dress this week was very nice and I totally don't understand how they can really complain that he has made the same thing over and over when S A has made jacket, after jacket, after jacket!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't know how they justified Mila's hideously crafted creation over Anthony's.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hated to see him go, I didn't think it was his time at all.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3864215;
    Don't know how they justified Mila's hideously crafted creation over Anthony's.
    That's what I can't figure out either. Mila's was just awful and should have been enough to send her home. It's not like it's the first time she ended up in the bottom either. I was really even more shocked that she wasn't even in the bottom two.

I loved Anthony's fabric, when we saw it all pulled out, and wish he would have used more of it. Yes it was dark, but I think part of what did him in, along with the 'too safe and 'the same' was his lack of usage of the fabric he designed. Mila's design was awful at the start, not imaginative at all and I really can't fathom why they kept her.

I said elsewhere that although there may be some "sameness" to Anthony's designs, I feel they are designs that many women would be comfortable wearing. Some of the other designs require body shapes and confidence like the MOTR to be worn to advantage. In other words, you don't have to be built like Valeria to wear Anthony's designs.

Mila should have been eliminated. I know noone who would wear Mila's dress ... do you ?
    Anthony's ? Lot's of women.

I am wondering if Anthony will land doing more higher line ready to wear.

I'm really going to miss him.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-28-2010 at 01:38 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast