+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seth Aaron Henderson - Season 7

Who is John Galt?

Re: Seth Aaron Henderson - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3866182;
    Let's see: Logan and Epperson from S6; Joe from S5; Kevin from S4; Mychael, Vincent, and Bradley from S3; and Robert and Daniel Franco(!) from S1. They aren't all brilliant, but there have been a bunch of notable 'chick-lovers' on PR.

Also, possibly Jerry Tam from S5, but he wasn't on the show long enough for us to find out.
    Most of those guys I don't remember since I only started watching in Season 3, but IMO none of them were great designers, and only two were cute - Logan and an Italian looking guy who had a crush on one of the other designers (don't remember his name). Seth Aaron is the only one I have felt really showed a talent for designing women's clothes. But, I do notice that he avoids the frillier type of garments in favor of the more tailored looks - a more masculine type of styling. I am no fashion guru by any means, but his looks remind a bit of Ralph Lauren's styles.

old cow

I agree with everything you said plus S.A. just seems like such a sweet, likeable guy. Too many of these reality fashion/artistic shows do we see snotty, stuck up, just unlikeable people.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3867318;
    Most of those guys I don't remember since I only started watching in Season 3, but IMO none of them were great designers, and only two were cute - Logan and an Italian looking guy who had a crush on one of the other designers (don't remember his name). Seth Aaron is the only one I have felt really showed a talent for designing women's clothes. But, I do notice that he avoids the frillier type of garments in favor of the more tailored looks - a more masculine type of styling. I am no fashion guru by any means, but his looks remind a bit of Ralph Lauren's styles.
    I liked when, in one of his PR videos, he was talking about wearing a jacket into a store and being asked to do one for women. He was praised for redoing it and not just cutting the men's size down. He seemed aghast that someone would do that. I started watching his work closely after seeing that.

I still can't get over Seth A's photos of himself pre-Adam Lambert makeover. I guess it is pretty impressive that he's pulled that look off given the wife, kids and particularly the whole trampoline in the backyard deal.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm going to be glued to the computer all night Thursday, hitting refresh constantly. I can't wait the extra two hours until it shows up in WA. If SA loses, I don't know if I will have the heart to watch it when it does come on.

Who is John Galt?

I just watched the show yesterday (on tape) and thought Seth Aaron's collection was beautiful - strong and dynamic. I can't understand why Tim was so negative and wanted him to "surprise" the judges. I hope that doesn't change his direction too much. He is by far the best of the remaining three IMO. His designs are gorgeous (and his kids are pretty cute too). His wife must be pretty understanding for all the time he probably spends away from her and the kids, but she will be a winner too if he really makes it in the business. Although, I still feel straight guys don't necessarily have that certain touch with women's fashion as gay men do, they do know what pleases men when they look at a woman and what draws their attention. I think Seth Aaron has his finger on that particular aspect of design and he is very creative too. Hope he wins!

Best of luck to Seth Aaron! My gut feeling is I think he will win.

I also have to say that any ongoing discussion concerning orientation and ability is pretty disconcerting to me. I guess even if it's meant to be a compliment, the biggest compliment we can give anyone - I believe - is to look at a human being as a human being and not put anyone into a stereotypical box - shiny or not.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Props to Seth Aaron for winning! If growth as a designer is what the judges were looking for, they really found it with him.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Just watched the Project Runway finale again, and I have to say the best designer won....Loved Seth Aaron and his designs....Hope we see more of him in the future....Job well done!

Our local newspaper had an article on Seth and his fellow-designer brother.

The Brothers Henderson | The Columbian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast