+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Project Runway Game

  1. #1
    Frankly, my dear BritLit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not on the Fence
    Posts
    1,742

    New Project Runway Game

    Sound like fun? Can't imagine how it will work! Video paper dolls?

    All The Rage

    Wii 'Runway' due March 2, will include top eight contestants
    December 8, 2009 | 2:44 pm

    Atari today announced the street date for the "Project Runway" video game for the Wii, which we first told you about back in October.

    In addition to letting us know that "PR" fans will be able to channel their inner Gunn starting March 2, today's announcement shed a little more light on what the virtual version of the reality show will include.

    In addition to the familiar themed challenges of the TV version, and the ability to make like a model and strut the runway (on a Wii Balance Board), the game will include the pixelized personas of not only Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, but the top eight contestants from the recently aired season six -- including winner Irina Shabayeva.

    We're told there will also be other "friendly games" inspired by the show's content, including an interactive garment studio, a chance to play fashion photographer, hair and makeup studios and something called a "fashion career mode."

    We can't wait -- we've been working on our crying Johnny Sakalis Mii avatar for months.

    -- Adam Tschorn
    Wii 'Runway' due March 2, will include top eight contestants | All The Rage | Los Angeles Times
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

  2. #2
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3765101;
    the game will include the pixelized personas of not only Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, but the top eight contestants from the recently aired season six -- including winner Irina Shabayeva.
    What? Playing a game with these losers as the avatars? I might be on board if maybe Austin, Jay, Uncle Nick, Chris or somebody fun like that was on there but season 6 contestants? Oh i dont think so. And it kinda sounds like that game you can buy for Nintendo DS that allows you to design your own clothes and do a fashion show. Just doesnt sound that interesting to me.

  3. #3
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    I was thinking the same thing -- of all the designers to use, why season 6?

    But I bet it's because the producers were able to slip in clauses in the S6 contracts that allowed them to use likenesses in this way without having to pay through the nose. If they went back and asked past designers for likeness rights, it would probably cost them a lot more. Just speculaling...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  4. #4
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3765996;
    I was thinking the same thing -- of all the designers to use, why season 6?

    But I bet it's because the producers were able to slip in clauses in the S6 contracts that allowed them to use likenesses in this way without having to pay through the nose. If they went back and asked past designers for likeness rights, it would probably cost them a lot more. Just speculaling...
    Your probably right. And that being the case i say pay the extra and get the popular designers. Very few are gonna want to play a game based on the worst season in PR history! AND if my memory is correct the top 8 designers don't include Epperson or Ra'mon. Sorry Gordana, i love ya but not really interested in spending $50 on a fashion video game just to see you on it.

  5. #5
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3766065;
    Your probably right. And that being the case i say pay the extra and get the popular designers. Very few are gonna want to play a game based on the worst season in PR history! AND if my memory is correct the top 8 designers don't include Epperson or Ra'mon. Sorry Gordana, i love ya but not really interested in spending $50 on a fashion video game just to see you on it.
    I guess it would be fun to play as Johnny, just to see if he always has a breakdown, and then you have to find Tim Gunn's castle and get a magic potion to get Johnny working again.

    Yeah, evil, I know...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  6. #6
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3766073;
    I guess it would be fun to play as Johnny, just to see if he always has a breakdown, and then you have to find Tim Gunn's castle and get a magic potion to get Johnny working again.

    Yeah, evil, I know...
    Yea it would be fun to play as Johnny but thats the thing. Its only the top 8 contestants are in the game so anybody even remotely interesting isnt there. Johnny, Louise, Ra'mon, Epperson, hell even Mitchell would have been fun. The only one i would be interested in being is Gordana and i'd have her get in a cat fight with Heidi! good times, good times

  7. #7
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3765996;
    I was thinking the same thing -- of all the designers to use, why season 6?

    But I bet it's because the producers were able to slip in clauses in the S6 contracts that allowed them to use likenesses in this way without having to pay through the nose. If they went back and asked past designers for likeness rights, it would probably cost them a lot more. Just speculaling...
    And maybe Lifetime had a role in this, too, whereas the other seasons would require Bravo's approval?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey RomanticHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    821

    Re: New Project Runway Game

    My daughter would totally want this game, but there's no way I'm getting it for her if they have the season 6 cast in it. As a faithful PR viewer, I have always watched every episode as it aired. This last season, I missed several episodes and didn't even bother watching them on dvr because the season sucked.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.