+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I still can't believe Irina won. She steals a design, goes completely monotone...well, I'm with whoever it was above when I said that I don't get fashion :-)

(And I can't wear any of the clothes...because of medical stuff, I'm about 25 pounds overweight, all of it in my belly. I'd be much happier if the weight was spread all over, because it'd be a whole lot easier to buy clothes. I'm 53 with a 12yo and keep trying to dress so that I don't look pregnant. So far, it isn't working well.)

Anyway, what I was wondering is if Tim had spoken to Althea first, would Irina be the one accused of copying?

FORT Fogey

I wonder who the Final 3 would have been if Nina and Michael had judged all season?? Definitely not the snooze fest that was last night!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3754193;
    I wonder who the Final 3 would have been if Nina and Michael had judged all season?? Definitely not the snooze fest that was last night!
    Based on comments, we might've had Mavin, Ra'Mon, Epperson, Gordana or Christopher in the final three. Ari's off the cuff idea didn't work, so I can't give her a nod (though I actually liked her dress idea).

Probably, the final three could've been Epperson, Gordana and maybe Carol Hannah because they did think outside the box. Christopher could've been there had he not burned out, and Gordana should've been there over Althea. I really think based on that and them letting Irina's second Coney Island shirt (still questionable on the design there) pass, that Irina was going to win no matter what and they had to guarantee it. I personally think that with the three months... Gordana would've outshown Irina for sure and probably Carol Hannah.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Well, not a surprising winner at all. We knew Irena would win because she had the bitch-edit. Project Runway is one of those shows that does that.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I cannot believe Irina won, I would have placed her third, with Carol Hannah the clear winner. Irina's collection was so dark and drab and those hats were just silly. Althea's and Irina's collection could have been the same designer, same colors, same big sweaters, Althea's just more on the sportswear side and Irina's more dressier (minus the hats). Carol Hannah had the only original ideas, the only real color, and it was pretty.

This season was a mess, the judges were different for most of the episodes and the more interesting designers left early. It was just boring at the end, the only thing you could be sure of each episode was that Irina would be a bitch, Christopher would cry, and Carol Hannah would make a dress.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3754118;
    PR Season 6 =
    At the end of the model show, Heidi said something like "it was a good first show in LA but an even better first Models of the Runway show".

I don't think viewers were the only ones thinking this was a bit of a snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3753955;
    Was that Jaslene walking for Althea? And I'm so excited to hear that PR7 is coming January 14 (?).
    That is here! Good eye! I didn't catch it till I saw you mentioned that!

I disliked Irina all season personality-wise while begrudgingly loving her designs. When I saw her final show, I had to admit I loved hers. While it was very one-note in terms of color, the interesting textures and silhouettes and workmanship made it very interesting for me. It also reminded me a lot of the way stylish Williamsburg girls on the L-train dress - very cool, semi-aloof, etc. The line reminded me a lot of Jay McCarroll's with the headphones on the models - same kind of attitude. I was a big fan. Also I warmed a bit to her when I saw her papa crying at the end.

Carol-Hana would have been my personality choice to win, but I agreed that her line wasn't cohesive. Althea's just was meh for me, but I think she's talented. All in all, I do think Irina is the most talented of the three, so while we didn't get the drama factor as much in this finale, I'm happy with the results.

I think the judges were correct.

Irina's collection was definitely the best.

I thought Althea's collection reminded me a lot of Irina's stuff she did on PR. I believe Irina was correct in the fact that Althea is a copycat.

Carol Hannah is a sweetheart and I loved her first piece but that was about it. There were quite a few pieces I thought boring to be honest.

I had a feeling Irina would win. I liked Althea and Carols collections too. But what was with the overly long sleeves on the sweaters in Irina and Althea's collections? And what was with the guest judges hair? I kept thinking Ed Grimley.
    I hope the next season is more lively and they go back to New York.

+ Reply to Thread