+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ZZZZZZZZZZ..... What? Is it over? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3753906;
    Don't say that rebotco. Fashion is subjective -- you can have your own opinion about any of those things.
    So true,for me..I would love to wear most anything that Carol Hannah made, it is more to my taste and style, I find it odd that the "judges" who should be fashion gurus did not notice that Irina's T-shirt (that they all loooved) was a remake of someone else's design...and for me the rest of her black, dark, collection was ..well black, and dark...

I think that they collectively agreed on Irina because her collection was the only one with a "theme"..therefore her style is more suited to Runway...Carol Hannah will be the one we see in stores...

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3753955;
    Was that Jaslene walking for Althea? And I'm so excited to hear that PR7 is coming January 14 (?).
    And not to mention that it will be back in NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3753906;
    Don't say that rebotco. Fashion is subjective -- you can have your own opinion about any of those things.
    Of course it's subjective, but I just don't really understand fashion. I always thought clothes were supposed to flatter the person wearing them and I thought Irina's and Althea's collections weren't flattering and Carol Hannah's styles were. So yes, everyone's got their opinions and mine is that clothing should flatter, but perhaps fashion means something else.

I was disappointed with the winner. Irina's shirt STILL looked like the Coney Island design, just without the clouds. It still - ironically - can get her into trouble because that's only ONE change. You have to have two in order for there to be a difference in design, and I didn't see one save that. I'd REALLY love to see how they got around that - because I think it's the piece alone that let her win (kinda like all-stars where Daniel (?) had that ONE excellent design (the dress) while Korto had the better - designed and cohesive - collection). Still - to me it seemed boring and for the most part the same design over and over again with slight variations.

Carol Hannah I think went out third because they wanted to give a reason as to why Irina won. CH's designs were much better, nice color, more creative (Irina's had a lot of the same design idea with different fabrics), and IMHO did have a linking thread - fantasy with a toss of sci-fi in it. Plus, that blue dress was AMAZING, better than the other two's 13th designs.

Althea did a good job, but she too had the same basic design in a lot of her outfits, just different materials.

Personally, I think they should've had Gordana or Christopher in place of Althea (or yes, even Irina) - I think we'd had cohesive if not more creative designs than her.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3753955;
    Was that Jaslene walking for Althea? And I'm so excited to hear that PR7 is coming January 14 (?).
    Sure looked like her - and boy, she is looking MUCH better and prettier than she did in her cycle. It looks like she gained some needed weight (though not much, but it was needed IMHO) and now she looks great. It's also good to know she's proven so many of her skeptics wrong and still works regularly in modeling - with some great photos too.

I recognized Jaslene also, and I was happy to see her because I really liked her on ANTM!!!

I thought many of the models they picked out had atrocious runway walks.

I'm really bummed that Carol Hannah didn't win. Her clothes were beautiful AND well made. I also thought her style was in every one of them and that made her collection cohesive to me. I thought Irina had a lot of interesting stuff, but it was a lot of black and a lot of skin tight bottoms with oversized sweater-y tops. It came off a little one-note to me. I liked Althea's more than I thought I would. I could see tons of women wanting the clothes that CH designed, while only a niche audience would go for Irina's stuff. And I absolutely hated those helmet hats she stuck on her models, ICK. Overall I thought they all did a respectable job, but Carol Hannah should have won.

I'm glad this season is over and I am hoping the next one is MUCH better!

I'm disappointed in the results.

I would have voted for:

Carol Hannah as the winner
    Althea as a distant second
    Irina in dead last

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was bothered by Irina and Althea's garments having repeats of the same type of ideas in them. Those sleeves that hung well below the hands were just a bit too-too. The looked like sleeves with built-in mittens. How did they both come up with that mess, and not get hit for repetitiveness? I think that the hats are what won it all for Irina.

I was bothered that goofy Carol Hannah's dress looked like it was wearing her, and the shoes didn't really do her any justice. Her garments were pretty nice, though. She would have been my winner.

And what was with the woman with the Julia Childs voice and her hairdo. Who looks in the mirror, sees that and says, "Oh, that looks GOOD!"? Does she not have any friends who wil call her attention to her disaster? She looks like the crazy lady down the block that people look at and avoid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Carroll Hannah, like her designs the best. Althea, her pants were all nicely made.

Irina, I don't get it with the weird hat designs, who would wear these hats and some of the clothing she designed. This is not reality to think people would actually buy, wear her clothing.

+ Reply to Thread