+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3753810;
    Bwahahaha! What a poorly edited fake insert of the introductions! (We know they kept the designers backstage during the actual show for the audience)

That was cheeeeeezzzzyyy.

Oh! And fake poorly edited insert of the designer walking out at the end, too!

Someone's not getting a technical Emmy this year...

I knew it didn't look like the designers were talking to a big crowd. I thought maybe the whole runway show was only in front of a few people and then edited to look like a lot of people were there......how do you know they were backstage during the actual show?.....just curious. What you wrote makes more sense than what I thought watching it.

Oh and the fashion critic's hair........all I could think of was when my mom would put curlers in her hair in the early '70s. She always put one in her hair right there and it would look just like the critic's hair just after she took the curler out but before she brushed her hair!! I kept thinking that the hair and make up guy had some grudge against her and convinced her it would look hip to wear her hair that way. She must have died when she saw herself on tv.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;3756163;
    I knew it didn't look like the designers were talking to a big crowd. I thought maybe the whole runway show was only in front of a few people and then edited to look like a lot of people were there......how do you know they were backstage during the actual show?.....just curious. What you wrote makes more sense than what I thought watching it.
    The whole season was filmed in summer 2008 in LA, and the finale was filmed at Bryant Park last February, so there has been plenty of time for leaks to come out. Whenever the PR finale is taped in Bryant Park, photos of the final collections make their way to image licensing sites like Getty the next day, even though the actual episode may not air for weeks or (in the case of S6) months.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;3756163;
    Oh and the fashion critic's hair........all I could think of was when my mom would put curlers in her hair in the early '70s. She always put one in her hair right there and it would look just like the critic's hair just after she took the curler out but before she brushed her hair!! I kept thinking that the hair and make up guy had some grudge against her and convinced her it would look hip to wear her hair that way. She must have died when she saw herself on tv.
    Suzy Menkes is renowned for her hairstyle. She's had that hairstyle ever since (even before There's Something About Mary).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3755719;
    I'm really hoping that they get enough negative survey feedback about season 6 to rethink the idea of switching every other year.

Or at least, not do an entire season in LA. If they come up with 2 or 3 really good challenges with a Hollywood theme, they should fly there in the middle of a season, like the S3 designers did with Paris. That was a good twist.

But either LA can't sustain a whole season, or else the new producers are no good at coming up with original challenges. It's possible for both to be true...
    Fly out there, but bring the full judging team with them... not just Heidi & friends...

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3755719;
    I'm really hoping that they get enough negative survey feedback about season 6 to rethink the idea of switching every other year.

(My negative feedback) Keep PR in NYC!
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Well, only just watched this last night.

I couldn't stand Irina as a person, but I grudgingly observed she had the most cohesive collection, the one that most impressed me.

Grumble.

FORT Fanatic

I cant believe that a black collection is considered cohesive. It should have been laughed off the runway, it was so played out. All black? Really? Wow that is so cutting edge, oh wait, didnt the beat generation make all black common? Yawn to the finale and biggest yawn to anyone who thinks the black is anything but boring and easy.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

It totally wasn't the blackness that I considered cohesive.

There was a similar theme running through the outfits that I found memorable & drew me in.

Particularly the pleating & contrasting fabrics.

If you're going to do a monotone line like this, you have to shake it up with texture, cut & shape. She did so, gorgeously.

And I HATE Irina. It brought a little bile to my throat to give that little positive critique there. Truly, I think she deserved the win, as unlikeable as she is.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3757937;

Particularly the pleating & contrasting fabrics.

If you're going to do a monotone line like this, you have to shake it up with texture, cut & shape. She did so, gorgeously.

And I HATE Irina. It brought a little bile to my throat to give that little positive critique there. Truly, I think she deserved the win, as unlikeable as she is.
    Exactly. There's a difference between doing something like a basic black dress (ie: Quistal's dress for the model challenge) and what Irina did with her collection. She used black as the theme but layered it with different textures. She also has enough knowledge of fabric to instinctly know what will work together and what won't. It's not as nearly as easy as it looks. I couldn't stand her attitude on the show or her annoying habit of ignoring copyrighted materials, but out of the three what she did was very effective, everything worked together AS A COLLECTION (Carole Hannah, as much as I like her, unfortunately sent a collection down the runway that lacked a story and I think that's why she got third place. ). I liked a lot of her clothes, damn her. What she did only looks deceptively easy and could have easily gone wrong.

Then again, "everyone" thinks they can draw a Picasso or Basquiat. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3757238;
    Well, only just watched this last night.

I couldn't stand Irina as a person, but I grudgingly observed she had the most cohesive collection, the one that most impressed me.

Grumble.
    That's just how I felt. Unfortunately, the bitchy are often also very talented. Lol.

The others won't be suffering, though; they will have nice careers. So, there's that.

Susan Boyle didn't win that contest she was in but her new cd is #1. Clay Aiken did okay, too. (I think it's the same with fashion - talent is talent.) The runners-up are so young and have time to mature, learn, and edit their impulses.

+ Reply to Thread