+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/19 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3754212;
    Probably, the final three could've been Epperson, Gordana and maybe Carol Hannah because they did think outside the box. Christopher could've been there had he not burned out, and Gordana should've been there over Althea. .
    I agree with the "normal" judging group did go out of the box a bit more, and Irina wouldn't have won so many challenges. I had been feeling sorry for the top 3 because they didn't have so many folks cheering for them...but with Irina taking it, I only feel sorry for CH, her designs were gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3754551;
    I agree with the "normal" judging group did go out of the box a bit more, and Irina wouldn't have won so many challenges. I had been feeling sorry for the top 3 because they didn't have so many folks cheering for them...but with Irina taking it, I only feel sorry for CH, her designs were gorgeous.
    Out of the final three, I only really liked Carol Hannah's designs the most. I only liked one of Irina's really (the wedding dress revisited), and Althea just flat out annoyed me doing the same design over and over again.

My opinion only, the only other real competition Irina had besides Carol Hanna in the final five was Gordana, and fortunately for her, Heidi's bias against Gordana kept her from being in the finals. It also allowed Irina to choose her to help her because Gordana was a very good seamstress (which the judges said on a continuous basis).

Just my opinion only - I do think that some of Gordana's stuff would be seen a little safe, but given that too many of the challenges were in one day, the pressure was on to just get something out or be DQ'd. I think that Gordana would've had a decent if not better line of clothes than Irina. Christopher - as much as I like him - I think would've ended up with a weak set of clothes, so he still was eliminated at a good point.

I do wish there had been a 4th collection with Gordana. I think she would have produced something very nice given time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Not to change the subject, but did anybody see Ari there? At first I thought I was looking at a crossdressing boy. Really bizarre.

FORT Fogey

I'm a fan of all the final 3 - as designers (CH = my favorite as a person).

But man, how anti-climactic.

I was happy that Irina won. The majority of her designs weren't ready to wear, unlike the other two. Instead, she created pieces that meshed well together. It was like an art show. These designers don't necessarily have to create pieces that are wearable; at most, they should look good. From my perspective, Irina's collection was the most cohesive and thus looked good. The other two had some good individual pieces, but they didn't really go well together. Irina had some stand out pieces of her own, all while creating a line that actually looked like a line.

Irina may not have the most pleasant personality, but I really liked her as a designer.

I had really low expectations for these collections coming into the show, as I read some reviews of the collections beforehand. So since they were so low, I was pleasanlty surprised that none of them were horrible. I actually ended up liking them.

I'm excited for PR7! It's coming so soon; it's as if the producers are trying to forget all about this season by bringing out the new season so quickly. I don't blame them because although I'm one of the few that has enjoyed this season, I can see why people consider this the worst season. Anyone notice the background song to the PR7 commercial? I was wondering where I've heard it before. And then I figured out it was a song by Morningwood that was used as the theme song of VH1's Daisy of Love.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Although I hate to say it, Irina did have the best collection. She's definitely the best designer, in the sense that she creates beautiful, stylish clothes that are sort of new and luxurious looking.

Carol Hannah was my favorite after the Christina Aguilera challenge, because that black dress was just so stunning. She makes clothes that women want to wear. If she would have made a few more "casual" outfits, I think she could have won it.

I never really got the hype about Althea. She made some nice things, yes, but they always looked pretty poorly constructed to me. They typically looked a little unfinished, and she was always right down to the wire.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3754059;
    I was bothered by Irina and Althea's garments having repeats of the same type of ideas in them. Those sleeves that hung well below the hands were just a bit too-too. The looked like sleeves with built-in mittens. How did they both come up with that mess, and not get hit for repetitiveness? I think that the hats are what won it all for Irina.
    Because those kind of looks are so New York (like Alexander Wang's or Stell McCartney's oversized sweaters; or in PR-speak, just like the collection that Jillian did for season 4, a lot of knits incorporated, and similar hats that Irina made). And the reason why a lot of blacks or neutrals were used. So New York and so chic!

I knew Irina won from the very first episode. I swore if I heard about living her American dream one more time I was going to throw my remote into the tv.
    I was seriously waiting for neil Diamond to come & preform "Coming To America" on the final runway.
    I could never picture myself wearing ANY of her designs. I am more of a Michael Kors kind of girl anyway.

FORT Fan

What I want to know is why Irina's model didn't wear the final outfit and be the signature model, instead she was just one of the crowd. When Irina walked the runway she was with the last girl, not the girl she chose all season long. What was that all about?

+ Reply to Thread