+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3750313;
    This is a wierd season. Not that I'm an expert or anything, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I cannot discern who should be considered the best designer. I mean what is it that the judges look for anyway?

For my tastes, I'd like to see CH take it. I think she has been the most innovative thus far. I agree with Heidi who said awhile back that CH has class. And, her model said that CH's gowns will be on the red carpet. I agree with that as well.

Still, Althea has shown some interesting designs, and Irinia's clothes are always lovely. Who knows.
    I'm no expert either, and at the same time I agree with you a lot.

Carol Hannah's right now does look to be the most varied. She does have to edit some of her work because a couple of pieces look matronly (my opinion, I think one case it's the color, not the design itself), and she's been the most positive about her work up and down. She's also probably the only one who actually GOT Christina Aguilera's look right on, even if it was more of a red carpet/ballad dress - because CA loves the '40s look a lot. (BTW, Nicolas and Christopher got it, but their ideas really weren't quite CA - and Chris' case, he made bad pants.)

Althea has always bothered me because for the most part she had the exact same design in every outfit. While Carol Hanna did make gowns and dresses during the first part of the competition, they did at least vary in significant degrees. I've never felt this way with Althea.

Irina thinks that it should just be handed to her. I will not deny her the skills she has to win it; however, when you go and flat out use a copyrighted design in one of your outfits and then go and accuse another designer yet AGAIN of copycat, you're being hypocritical. It would be nice to see her fall on her butt and it be CH or Althea (lesser extent in my book) win.

I have wondered this though - did they show Gordana, Christopher or Logan's designs at Bryant Park too in order to avoid spoilers? No one's confirmed or denied that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3750320;
    I have wondered this though - did they show Gordana, Christopher or Logan's designs at Bryant Park too in order to avoid spoilers? No one's confirmed or denied that yet.
    Gordana has said in interviews that she didn't get to show a decoy collection, and if she didn't, nobody else would have. The show was still in the middle of all its court cases when Fashion Week happened, so they didn't have to worry about the timing, since episodes still weren't airing at that point.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3750320;
    I'm no expert either, and at the same time I agree with you a lot.

Carol Hannah's right now does look to be the most varied.
    Of course, in TimGunnSpeak sometimes "varied" comes out as "not cohesive".

Especially when talking about a whole collection.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I've been tuning into a few old movies recently. Wow. Talk about fashion. We haven't seen anything new on Project Runway - not from any season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3750446;
    Gordana has said in interviews that she didn't get to show a decoy collection, and if she didn't, nobody else would have. The show was still in the middle of all its court cases when Fashion Week happened, so they didn't have to worry about the timing, since episodes still weren't airing at that point.
    Did the designers' get to come out during the show? I remember reading somewhere that they didn't get to present (not sure though). But if this was true, then no need for bogus presentations. Although seeing the 3 final models during the fashion show is somewhat of a spoiler for those present.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3750663;
    Did the designers' get to come out during the show? I remember reading somewhere that they didn't get to present (not sure though). But if this was true, then no need for bogus presentations. Although seeing the 3 final models during the fashion show is somewhat of a spoiler for those present.
    That's right, the designers were kept backstage and not introduced before the collections came out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Hm. Wasn't fur not allowed on previous seasons? Isn't that why Chris March used human hair in his designs?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3750714;
    Hm. Wasn't fur not allowed on previous seasons? Isn't that why Chris March used human hair in his designs?
    Didn't Kara Saun use a lot of fur for her finale collection?

This season is just so boring. I hope the designs wow me.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Regarding the use of fur...

Tim Gunn is fronting a PETA campaign that came out in, I believe, January of this year.

Link to a story about it and the video - read what I say below BEFORE playing the video.

If you only want to see Tim's part of the video, and not see the horrifically disturbing images of the animals, watch ONLY up until :53. Pause. Move to 3:41 and watch the rest. I promise you won't see anything but Tim if you follow my directions.

I did not watch most of it. I tried to close my eyes and just listen, but the sounds themselves were upsetting me.

I tried to google the project runway stance on fur, and did not find much. Only repeats of the fact that during the Chris March season, they could not use fur, and that someone here thinks Kara Saun used it in hers. I don't remember her season, so I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast