+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I liked this week's episode of Models of the Runway episode better than this week's episode of Project Runway.

The previews for next week looked interesting. When Tim Gunn asked Althea what she was thinking the make-up for her models should look like, she gave a response that Tim Gunn responded to by saying, "That sounds awfully like what Irina told me," or something along the lines of that. It seems like this whole "she copied me" storyline will amount to something.

jadewarlock, I loved the irony of Irina's copyrighted shirt. I want her to win as I think she is the best designer, but that was just too funny to not overlook.

I found myself strangely liking Carol Hannah this episode. I haven't even been rooting for her throughout this season. I guess that if Irina lost, then I would be fine with a CH win.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3749441;
    I'll have to see the final runway before I can make a decision on which ones I like. Did find it very interesting that Irina would use a design from Coney Island that is copyrighted in her clothing and have to redo a piece because of it. Come to think of it, it was a bit ironic too given her complaining about people borrowing other designs.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3749482;
    I planned on watching it, but missed it. Was it worth watching? Was there anything from this episode that I need to know before watching the finale?
    I missed last nite's episode as well but it sounds like i didnt miss much. Which designer was paired up with who? Its kinda a bummer that all the designers didnt come back and then the 3 remaining could have their pick of the litter (so to speak)

*sigh* it would have been nice to see Epperson, Ra'mon, and Louise back and helping out at B.P. but noooooooo lets bring back the weakest links.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3749617;
    I missed last nite's episode as well but it sounds like i didnt miss much. Which designer was paired up with who? Its kinda a bummer that all the designers didnt come back and then the 3 remaining could have their pick of the litter (so to speak)

*sigh* it would have been nice to see Epperson, Ra'mon, and Louise back and helping out at B.P. but noooooooo lets bring back the weakest links.
    It's: Gordana and Irina; Althea and Logan and Carol Hannah and Christopher.

Out of those, as much as I like Christopher, I think Gordana is the best seamstress and designer. Irina was smart to choose Gordana because she could at least make sure the hems and such were sewn properly (Though even Christopher can do this well).

I do; however, like the fact Christopher is there if nothing else to give Carol Hannah some comfort as she deals with her stomach bug.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I feel so sorry for Carol Hannah! This is the biggest opportunity in her life and she is sick as a dog! What a bummer!

Perhaps TPTB edited that way to show that she is ill and not feeling 100% and yet pulls off a big win over the judges' favorites Irina and Althea.

FORT Fogey

Irena is definately a good designer but I just cannot root for her. Her personality is so abrasive that it takes the shine off her designs, for me. She accused Althea of copying her even in the final collection! That is arrogant and totally ridiculous. An all black collection is not in her favor. It is impossible to even venture a guess as to who will win this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3749484;
    Designers worked on their collections at home. Tim visited them. Everything is matronly, matronly, matronly. They came to NYC 4 days before the Bryant Park show. Tension, stress. Carol-Hannah sick with stomach virus. Irina had to dump a shirt she made because the landscape scene she fabricated was based on a copyrighted work. The designers have to make a 13th piece.

And, we're caught up.
    Okay, I'll take that as I didn't miss anything worth watching.

This will be interesting I think. Irina has all balck clothes and some fur. And she is not taking Nina's advice. This could not go well for her. I don't like her but she is a good designer IMO.
    Poor Carol seemed and looked so sick. Her clothes look matronly, I wouldn't be upset if she won.
    Same thing with Althea, matronly designs but I like her so wouldn't be upset if she won.
    I'm glad this season is almost over, this has not been my favorite of PR.

FORT Fogey

This is a wierd season. Not that I'm an expert or anything, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I cannot discern who should be considered the best designer. I mean what is it that the judges look for anyway?

For my tastes, I'd like to see CH take it. I think she has been the most innovative thus far. I agree with Heidi who said awhile back that CH has class. And, her model said that CH's gowns will be on the red carpet. I agree with that as well.

Still, Althea has shown some interesting designs, and Irinia's clothes are always lovely. Who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast