+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Will we get a final three tonight, or will they all get sent off to make collections and have division playoff and league playoff series before Bryant Park? Stay tuned!

Please keep all disbelief in this thread until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Try to enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

It bugs me that Irina always wants to use fur--faux or real; that with the big sweaters are so one-note. OTOH, if she thought that huge pelt was a rabbit, she must have never actually seen a rabbit or thinks Donnie Darko was a documentary.

FORT Fogey

I don't ever remember there being such a sad group for the final five. I'm not interested in seeing a collection from any of these people.

These sob stories are making me hate everyone a little bit more.

ETA: Where the hell is Kors?!?!

No surprises here. Gordana and Christopher are out; Althea, Carol Hannah and Irina are in.

So Heidi basically said that, no matter what Althea put together, she was going to Fashion Week anyway.

Gordana got the Jamall treatment. He made the winning garment last year, but Heidi never wanted him at Bryant Park.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

The whole season pointed to those three even without spoilers. Gordana never had a chance...I wonder if it is because of her age or whatever that she doesn't "LOOK" like a up and coming fashion designer. That is too bad. It makes you wonder why they even cast her. Normally the "older" designers leave pretty early; I guess this year they had to let her slide because they couldn't justify fully letting her go early. I'm not dissing Gordana by any means. I think she put out some creative design challenges...I'm just saying.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3744449;
    So Heidi basically said that, no matter what Althea put together, she was going to Fashion Week anyway.

Gordana got the Jamall treatment. He made the winning garment last year, but Heidi never wanted him at Bryant Park.
    Jerrell? I'm sad that the show has come to this. I don't care who wins and really I don't care that much about seeing anyone's final collection.

How can the judges say Gordana didn't have a clear point of view? Her designs were all very subtle and elegant, and tonight's dress was really beautiful. All I can remember about Althea's outfits are those strange outfits that won (the baggy pants and the teeny skirt, which I didn't understand), and tonight's look, which Heidi called a mess several times.

I was so excited to see what Rami, Santino, Daniel V, Korto and some others were going to do for Bryant Park. This season's three? Snooooooooooze . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3744449;

I so agree - I think that Gordana was rookie-do'd over Althea, ESPECIALLY tonight. While Gordana was not perfect, she did at least try time and time again to have different outfits. Althea's? - mostly the same idea - short skirt, top and jacket for a lot of the rounds. Her dress tonight - combined by being a one trick pony with her styles, should've auf'd her over Gordana.

But, given the criticism Heidi gave, they used the zipper as an excuse to knock Gordana out of the contest. Then again - I think had she done a smaller zipper, Gordana would've been eliminated for the same reason.

Christopher too I'm not surprised. His dress was great - and I felt did fit what he was going for. And while I felt it was again an excuse to eliminate him, I do agree the skirt should've had a slightly softer material. But, I'm glad that Heidi gave him some excellent props for having many good designs. There really were only two that I didn't like nor any that I felt no one could wear if he edited them a little more (the dress last week and the Christina Aguilera challenge come to mind). He did VERY well in this contest given that he's had NO formal studies in design. Hopefully, someone sees how well he can do, and will offer him a scholarship in design at one of these academies.

Out of the final three - I'm rooting for Carol Hannah. Althea I've felt is a one trick pony - even though CH has made skirts each week, she has still varied her designs and execution a lot better than Althea. That said though, Althea has had some good designs.

Irina I don't want to see win - not only is she a witch to the other contestants, I felt that with a few exceptions, she's not as great of a designer as she thinks she is.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3744502;
    How can the judges say Gordana didn't have a clear point of view? Her designs were all very subtle and elegant, and tonight's dress was really beautiful. All I can remember about Althea's outfits are those strange outfits that won (the baggy pants and the teeny skirt, which I didn't understand), and tonight's look, which Heidi called a mess several times.

I was so excited to see what Rami, Santino, Daniel V, Korto and some others were going to do for Bryant Park. This season's three? Snooooooooooze . . . .
    She did - it was an excuse to eliminate her - particularly since she was the one who nailed the inspiration of her muse (the painting) perfectly. It's like the flapper dress - IMHO only, when Irina was bitching about the coat last week, Gordana could've said that the tapestry material idea was a similar one to the tapestry-like print material (just two colors) Gordana had in her flapper dress.

She's an excellent seamstress, and as someone said - she does have a knowledge of upcoming styles. Great example was the coat that she made last week. Saw an Old Navy ad this week that had similar styles coats to hers and in last season, Korto's belt jacket.

I think that Althea is going to be third - she really is the weakest of the final three: One trick pony, same designs for the most part over and over, just edited differently. Most everyone - even Ari - at least attempted to think out of the box a few times during the season. Execution might not have been right - but they DID try.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 11-06-2009 at 12:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast