+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kao

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3744943;
    Sorry...still doesn't cut it for me...Michael and Nina not being there affects the JUDGING..but NOT the boring designs...that is still the designers.
    I know, which is why I also stated:

With that said, there were designers that didn't get second chances, and designers that got WAY too many chances, which makes a difference, I think.
    It seems like they made a point to cut every single designer with a unique point of view early on. Also, they cut the construction time down from two days (which would have been helped considerably) down to 1 day (and in some cases, only 12 hours!) which also probably had an effect; rather than getting more elaborate a lot of designers chose to create things that they could get done in the shorter time frame.

I would imagine having to change some challenges because of the lawsuit didn't help either.

Ahh, Gordana is gone, I wanted her to be in fashion week. In fact I would like to have seen what Gordana and Louise would have done for fashion week, the rest not so much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3744964;

I would imagine having to change some challenges because of the lawsuit didn't help either.
    What lawsuit?

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3744960;
    The last minute friendship between Irina and Gordana seemed odd, but saying that, it isn't so odd after all, I guess. Both are from places where 'making it' isn't easy to say the least. Neither was born in the U.S. They've come a long way, to use another tired phrase. But still, it seemed a bit desperate on Gordana's part: as if she copied Irina's personality a bit, to gain acceptance from her. That's how it seemed to me, at least.As for the final three, they are who I thought would be there. Gordana's bridal gown makeover and final challenge dresses were both gorgeous. It's just too bad she didn't design at that level every time. She might've gone instead of Althea.

I think the three strongest designers were chosen for Bryant Park, though.

And I can finally stop asking myself, "Who's Christopher sleeping with?!"
    I agree with all your points and i am so happy someone else noticed the oddity of the Gordana and Irina friendship. Until last nite i didnt even know that Irina was from another country. IDK if its b/c of the editing or what.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3744972;
    What lawsuit?
    According to the rumor mill, there were challenges already planned that the Magical Elf people and Bravo were going to use for this season. That changed when Bravo sued Weinstein Company over the whole "we're going to move to Lifetime without allowing you to match the bid" mess. Part of the settlement was that they couldn't use any of the ideas that Magical Elves/Bravo were going to use this season.

There's been so much back in forth in the lawsuit I don't know what to believe anymore, but Tim himself has said that some of the challenges had to be "reworked" so I think there's some truth to it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ahh. Thanks.

By the way, I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed Gordana's dress looked like a labia...

FORT Regular

I knew the final three was going to be three of the "hot chicks". Lifetime is trying to up it's demographic from women 30-50 to women 20-30. Christopher and Gordana are Lifetime's currrent demographic.. gay men and mature women.. they were both doomed.. And I also noticed that NO ONE won the challenge (as previously noted by other posters). I realized today that I forgot about PR last night.. that NEVER happened in previous seasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3744960;
    ...And I can finally stop asking myself, "Who's Christopher sleeping with?!"
    That was sure a mystery. I can't remember anyone else who was almost always in the bottom survive so long. (This was his sixth consecutive week on the chopping block.) I think he's a sweet guy, but he doesn't have the chops for this. Lack of education is not a badge of honor - it's a handicap.

Other questionable judging decisions this season were Epperson's exit (BIG mistake. He could have given Irina a run for her money.) I think Louise could have lasted longer, but she certainly wasn't finale material. However the "What were they smoking?" award definitely goes to Nicolas's win for the Ice Queen costume.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3744943;
    Sorry...still doesn't cut it for me...Michael and Nina not being there affects the JUDGING..but NOT the boring designs...that is still the designers.
    Yup. Considering in one elimination, the judges favored a bland preggy shorts and cardigan combo to an absurd yet inspired avant garde pregnant look. I think the designers were afraid to design outside the box because the NONboring designers were eliminated earlier. Even Carol Hannah was hinted (although I remember that she was told) by Tim Gunn to play it safe and do a dress instead of pants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3744964;
    I know, which is why I also stated:
    It seems like they made a point to cut every single designer with a unique point of view early on. Also, they cut the construction time down from two days (which would have been helped considerably) down to 1 day (and in some cases, only 12 hours!) which also probably had an effect; rather than getting more elaborate a lot of designers chose to create things that they could get done in the shorter time frame.

I agree - it would be really exciting to have people with outside the box designs - another outcome of always changing judges - these guests, esp. celebrities may want to wear/like outfits that are high on their scores.

Also, I'd been wondering about why the length of so many challenges were SO short this year! I thought maybe they had a shorter lease on the housing and work space...or it started late due tot he lawsuite, and they only had so much time before Bryant Park and needed them to have time for the collection.

The timing was a huge factor in all these challenges!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast