Althea - WINNER

Carol Hannah - TOP 3

Irina - TOP 3

Re: Week 11 Photos - "Best of the Best" Challenge

Gordana - BOTTOM 3

Christopher - BOTTOM 3

Logan - AUF'D

I completely don't understand why Althea's design was fabulous and why Heidi & Kerry wanted to wear it.

Also, I don't care for Heidi as a judge. She doesn't critique - she criticizes and she's a bit nasty. I wish she'd shut her mouth except to host, and I also don't care for the way she dresses - I guess I'm not a fashionista because I totally don't agree with what's considered good design on this show!

This week, I cannot for the life of me understand how Gordana stayed and Logan went home. Gordana's outfit was boring, plain, dowdy...and the hair and makeup didn't do anything to help her cause. The only thing I can think of is they looked at past performances and remembered that Gordana has had one win and Logan hasn't ever even been in the Top 3...

Quick summary:

1. Althea's is good, though I wish she'd insist her model wear at least a strapless bra when she's modeling something like this. The materal's almost a bit see through in this case.

2. Irina's is nice too - but the fur cuffs are too much. Additionally, the style of her coat and Althea's are different enough her accusation on the design was unwarranted. It could also be a potential danger in the future if by chance she accidentally did something like this.

3. Carol Hanna's is simple, cute, and young - though a second color under the tulle might've made it a little more youthful. The model - to me - inadvertently looks like Roma from "Darna," which was a bit odd to me.

4. Christopher's - I agree with the judges - it's two dresses. He should've either taken out the ruffles and had the flowers OR... made it about a half foot shorter, taken out the flower ruffles, and used a slightly different color (not white, maybe red or darker blue) for the lower ruffles. I think it'd been stronger this way. He's almost sabotaging himself - but he did show a much better improvement over a couple of his past outings.

5. Gordana's is a bit too dowdy. The design is very good - it's the colors that hurt her here. If it were a different color, I think it'd been better received. And I agree too Heidi is way too rough on Gordana. She's been design wise very consistent, with only one or two "fails" based on being too standard (flapper costume) or not getting the challenge (Christina Aguilera's - nice dress, not well executed and not fitting Aguilera's tastes well).

Ironically, I do see Gordana - if she gets more courage - having a very good line and basically doing an "in your face" to Heidi in regard to some of the put downs in her designs.

6. Logan - Not too bad an idea, poorly executed. Should've been gone a couple of weeks ago for poorly made pants.

+ Reply to Thread