+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Couture Connoisseur

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't understand how this is the last challenge? Two designers still have to go... Is it going to be a double elimination, or are they going to let 4 designers make a collection and then eliminate one of them (like they did with Chris / Rami) ?

When they decided to let Chris & Rami have their runoff to the finals, they were originally going to auf 2 designers that night. I imagine that's how they will proceed next week.

I don't think they've had a clean 3-person finalist field after the last challenge since season 2. I think they just like to play up the drama.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But since a lot of the spoilers said that there were 3 collections at Bryant Park, maybe they will be able to whittle it down to 3 without the extra drama this time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

justcoz-Weird also their argument that the longer jacket was out of style. Gordana was correct, they are coming back, starting to see a little of that this season.
    The boyfriend jackets that are out now are a bit longer but styled like a mans jacket. There is nothing out there that looked like Gordana's creation. For me, I don't care for Gordana's work or her personality. I doubt she makes Bryant Park. The judges take into consideration their body of work when choosing the final 3 and she just is not strong enough. It seems obvious that Althea, Carole and Irena make it.

I loved Althea's outfit, loved it! So did Heidi and that is always the best compliment they can get.

Jexter, where did you read that we "know" she goes to Bryant Park? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3739625;
    So, WTF, we're supposed to think that Irina invented and used the only cowel neck sweater on the face of the earth. Isn't it pretty much of staple of sweater life?
    I'm not sure why you think I agreed with Irina. I don't agree with Irina, I said that. I just think she looked at her big slouchy sweater and looked at Althea's and decided that Althea got her inspiration from Irina's sweater. Since Althea has made many similar items this year (loose jackets over skimpy shirts) obviously her inspiration wasn't from Irina but Irina is so superior in her mind that she linked the two sweaters. And IIRC it was the first sweater that Althea did, the others have been jackets. In Irina's delusional mind she decided that Althea copied her. The judges didn't agree with Irina either and they had the opportunity to because Irina just had to tell them she thought it was a copy. The judges had Althea's winning design picture right there and could plainly see Althea's original design which her new design was a definite take-off from that.

Glad Logan is gone. Arrogant, no talent a$$. Besides he was meant to Gordana. Like he even won an challenge. I do believe in lived in the bottom three.

Like the nickname "Meanie Irinie".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3739513;
    I think that either Christopher or Gordana is going to sneak through, and one of the three possible for sure finalists is going to go home. When editing if they same something, it usually means that is not what is going to happen.
    Concerning the editing of it all, that's what I was thinking also--Chris or Gordana might just sneak in there somehow. But unfortunately, I think the judges prefer Christopher over Gordana, even with his recent track record. Gordana has to create something superb in the next challenge for her to even have a chance at making that Top3, especially if it's a double elimination.

I will admit that Irina, Althea, and Carol Hannah should be the Top3 as they have been the most consistent. But like Heidi always says, one day you're in and the next day you're out. One of them can completely bomb the next challenge, and they wouldn't deserve to make it through, even with their overall performance. I love Gordana and I'm definitely rooting for her, so I'm hoping this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3739592;
    I do wish Gordana had stepped away from the silver grey, though. The complement to the evening dress was there, and the jacket had style...but what if...another color? I, too, am tired of Heidi coming down on Gordana. At least this week Gordana was shown standing up for her design and not apologizing for it.
    I would have liked to have seen her step away from the grey also, but with this challenge, I feel that it was okay for her to do grey again. If she had done the same design in another color, then I think Heidi would have probably come down on her for not making her two pieces look cohesive enough. For this challenge, pretty much all of the designers stuck with a similar color of their previous piece.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Althea's jacket and Irina's were very different. The only resemblance is in the base concept of a large sweater. Neither of them are the first to think of these things.

And Althea's complaint about Logan was just as baseless. Neither of them are the first to think of a popped collar with zippers. Logan probably got the zipper idea from Jeffrey, who had those zippers everyone loved so much. Lots of other people have done zippers since, and lots of other people have done big collars. Get over yourselves.

I didn't think Althea's outfit was particularly nice at all. I don't think those pants are very great, in fact, I think they would be very unflattering on anyone who wasn't model-size. Irina's outfit this week was nothing special either. Her sweater last week was nice, but I feel like she does the same thing with the same sort of colors every single week. She's very one-note.

Carol Hannah, I think, understands what looks nice on women and what is flattering. I always like the things she makes. Probably Irina makes clothes the best out of any of them (i.e. she's the best seamstress) but I think Althea and Carol Hannah are at least equals in that respect.

I like Christopher. I think there's a good designer in there somewhere. We saw it in the first challenge. But, I guess since he didn't go to "design school" or whatever, maybe he missed out on some basic "rules." I think a lot of these "rules" are things that women tend to know sort of instinctively, from years of buying clothes for ourselves, so we understand how things should be proportioned, etc. His designs are always nice in concept, but the realization of them is not so great. I think if he had come into this just a bit further in his career, he'd be set.

old cow

Glad Logan is gone. Arrogant, no talent a$$. Besides he was meant to Gordana
    I will be the first to say Logan wasnt the most talented designer on the show but arrogant? Naw, he was pretty cool and he did turn out some decent designs. And mean to Gordana? huh?

Concerning the editing of it all, that's what I was thinking also--Chris or Gordana might just sneak in there somehow. But unfortunately, I think the judges prefer Christopher over Gordana, even with his recent track record. Gordana has to create something superb in the next challenge for her to even have a chance at making that Top3, especially if it's a double elimination.
    I am gonna be as mad as a snapping turtle if Christopher sneaks by and makes it to Bryant Park and Gordana goes home! Grrrr i will throw my tv out the window! Double elimination....meh yea i can see both of them going but i agree with you; i really like Gordana as well so i hope there will be 4 at Bryant Park

FORT Fanatic

silver pedal pushers, a print pink top, and a black blazer with sparkly bits on the elbows?! WTF?
    And the shiny silver pants didn't distract this week from the judges booting Logan.
    I have two theories on this:

1) Logan and Heidi called each other up to see what the other was wearing so that they could coordinate;

2) It was their secret love code

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3740842;
    I will be the first to say Logan wasnt the most talented designer on the show but arrogant? Naw, he was pretty cool and he did turn out some decent designs. And mean to Gordana? huh?

I am gonna be as mad as a snapping turtle if Christopher sneaks by and makes it to Bryant Park and Gordana goes home! Grrrr i will throw my tv out the window! Double elimination....meh yea i can see both of them going but i agree with you; i really like Gordana as well so i hope there will be 4 at Bryant Park
    I agree, I didn't see Logan as arrogant at all. To me, he was a boring dud who spoke in a monotone voice and managed to squeak through to the Top6 even after finding a home in the Bottom3. He was just there. And if anything, he was kind of embarrassed when Heidi brought out the strongest pieces for each designer for the latest challenge, and he had the only piece that wasn't an actual winner. That's not arrogant.

I'll be mad also, but I cherish my TV, so I won't be throwing it out. Anyway, it's too heavy for me to do that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast