+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #21
    FORT Fan busilis32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    277

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Only in a season as mediocre as this can someone like Irina get away with thinking she is that good. Her stuff is well made, but it shows very little imagination. It is just a step above being, as Michael Kors so aptly put it, "clothes, not fashion." Is it me, or does Heidi get a little too much pleasure out of criticizing Gordana?

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3739529;
    Is it me, or does Heidi get a little too much pleasure out of criticizing Gordana?
    I've thought that too. Weird also their argument that the longer jacket was out of style. Gordana was correct, they are coming back, starting to see a little of that this season. So she was actually (I'm assuming that because this was made so long ago and took so long to get on air) a bit before the trend picked up again. That's not out-dated then, it's on the good side of knowing what the next trend will be and being able to anticipate that. While I didn't love this outfit there have been some of her other designs that I thought should be in the top and ended up in the bottom. I really understood where she was going with this week's outfit and kind of liked it, although there were some I liked better. I did not like Christopher's better. I think if he'd have left off that white mess at the bottom it would have been tons better but the way it was I liked her grey outfit more.

    Meanie Irenie is an apt name for her. What was with her complaining about Althea's sweater? I can see why she thought Althea got the idea from her, but I don't think Althea did. Althea's inspiration seemed to come directly from her own work, at least I thought her outfit most reflected her winning look in a new way. As much as they loved her first look I wasn't surprised she won at all.

    Irina was complaining about Carol Hannah's making another dress which the judges turned around and praised her for doing. I believe they've had much less time this season on a regular basis to make the outfits. Have we ever seen so many one day challenges as this season? If you are able to sew as Carol Hannah obviously is it may be partly that she's not as fast as at sewing. That's ok with me. Doing more than one piece in those time contraints seems to me to be something that only a super fast sewer could accomplish. It's also that Carol Hannah seems to take a while to figure out exactly how she wants the outfit to be. It's not like she's taking so long that she's sending unfinished stuff down the runway, but longer than some of the others. Again, a different approach, but I've loved most of her stuff, so her way works for her.

  3. #23
    FORT Fan ManySkills's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    315

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    When I saw Gordana's gray jacket, I jumped forward, (startling the folks next to me ) and proclaimed "I WANT that!"

    Not usual behavior for me, you understand.

    Gordana, if you're listening, you should make an entire line based on that piece.

    Heidi, I don't know what you're prejudice is here, maybe it's a shared heritage that is bugging your subconscious, but you need to ease up with Gordana. Course I realize this all took place months ago.

    JMHO

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey straycat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    873

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    It's about time Logan got auf'ed and I can't believe Christopher is still there too. None of the remaining designers really do anything for me. This season has not been very inspirational and the most boring to date. I'm going to guess Irina, Althea and Carol Hannah in the finals. I like Gordana and her designs well enough but she always seems to be on thin ice with the judges.

  5. #25
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,157

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Let the psych wars begin! Althea is upset that Logan "copied" her zipper collar while Irina nods along with her...then Althea decides not to say anything. THEN, Irina holds her fire until the runway to try a scatter shot at Althea - probably deciding to do so when she saw the judges initial reactions to the pieces.

    Irina did stay in the same color palate but, I think she lost ground with the "fur" trim on the sweater cuffs...they were really over done, though in tune with her winning challenge outfit. I must say, though, that I had a small satisfied smile when she was passed without winning. Oh, and the double tape complaint during the model show - when Kaelyn turned for the judges on the stand still portion, you could see a bit of white near her underarm, and when she was asking for the tape, we saw that her bra was white. I don't think she used the tape and that dress was on the verge of slipping. Wouldn't that have been funny just to watch Irina tap dance around a poor fitting?

    Where was that bit of pretty blue Carol Hannah debated using as an under fabric? That would have taken away from the flat black yet still kept the design complementary to her diva dress.

    I do wish Gordana had stepped away from the silver grey, though. The complement to the evening dress was there, and the jacket had style...but what if...another color? I, too, am tired of Heidi coming down on Gordana. At least this week Gordana was shown standing up for her design and not apologizing for it.

    I guess we needed Michael there to regurgitate the "pooped fabric" line for Chris' gown. If he had left off the flowers except on the back, it might have passed muster, or left the dress short and black...but...yuck.

    The thing with Logan's design is that I really didn't see the zippers he thought were so edgy. They were on the underside of the collar and used to trim the seams, I guess. I can't remember who, but one other year someone did a "zipper" dress that worked. This one didn't - plus the fabric choice and color were so bland.

    So, who will be the fourth to Bryant Park? Who will beard Meana Irina, Alty Althea and Cutesy Carol Hannah? Will it be Gordana - who is fighting the Heidi odds, but has fashion forward design; or careful Chris - who thinks he has a story to tell in clothes and tears up a lot? Or...since next week is the last challenge will they do a double elimination and do away with the fourth person designing for the Park runway, but not being shown on the show?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-30-2009 at 11:45 AM.

  6. #26
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,439

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Was it really necessary to ignore the time Tim spent with Gordana just to show us the bitchfest between Irina and Althea?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  7. #27
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3739536;
    I've thought that too. Weird also their argument that the longer jacket was out of style. Gordana was correct, they are coming back, starting to see a little of that this season. So she was actually (I'm assuming that because this was made so long ago and took so long to get on air) a bit before the trend picked up again. That's not out-dated then, it's on the good side of knowing what the next trend will be and being able to anticipate that. While I didn't love this outfit there have been some of her other designs that I thought should be in the top and ended up in the bottom. I really understood where she was going with this week's outfit and kind of liked it, although there were some I liked better. I did not like Christopher's better. I think if he'd have left off that white mess at the bottom it would have been tons better but the way it was I liked her grey outfit more.

    Meanie Irenie is an apt name for her. What was with her complaining about Althea's sweater? I can see why she thought Althea got the idea from her, but I don't think Althea did. Althea's inspiration seemed to come directly from her own work, at least I thought her outfit most reflected her winning look in a new way. As much as they loved her first look I wasn't surprised she won at all.

    Irina was complaining about Carol Hannah's making another dress which the judges turned around and praised her for doing. I believe they've had much less time this season on a regular basis to make the outfits. Have we ever seen so many one day challenges as this season? If you are able to sew as Carol Hannah obviously is it may be partly that she's not as fast as at sewing. That's ok with me. Doing more than one piece in those time contraints seems to me to be something that only a super fast sewer could accomplish. It's also that Carol Hannah seems to take a while to figure out exactly how she wants the outfit to be. It's not like she's taking so long that she's sending unfinished stuff down the runway, but longer than some of the others. Again, a different approach, but I've loved most of her stuff, so her way works for her.
    So, WTF, we're supposed to think that Irina invented and used the only cowel neck sweater on the face of the earth. Isn't it pretty much of staple of sweater life?

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey RomanticHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    821

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3739625;
    So, WTF, we're supposed to think that Irina invented and used the only cowel neck sweater on the face of the earth. Isn't it pretty much of staple of sweater life?
    That was my thought too. I couldn't understand Irina's attitude. I still haven't seen the one she did last week to see how much they are alike. I'd love to see them side by side.

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,040

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3739488;
    I was disappointed in the end results for this challenge. I liked Carol Hannah's the most, but it was still eh. I liked Irina's a little bit, but I thought she did so much better last week. The rest were not so great.

    Logan's elimination was long overdue. I'll be a happy camper if Christopher gets sent home next, and Gordana manages to squeak through to the final. It's getting too predictable--Althea even said that it's going to be her, Irina, and Carol Hannah at the end, like we're all thinking it will be.
    I think Althea's comment is interesting. There doesn't seem to be a spoiler thread, so I'll use spoiler tags:

    Click to see Spoiler:
    It is rumored that the F3 are all women and that 2 of them are blondes. So we "know" Irena makes it. The other two are either Carol H., Althea, or Gordana. While Gordana isn't a complete blonde like the others, one might categorize her that way. So....the real contest is between those 3, I think.

    Also, I guest Christian Siriano saw the F3 runway and wasn't very impressed with any of them. He said the winner has some good stuff but that much could be tossed (paraphrasing). So, we'll have a lack-luster finale to complete the rather lackluster season,

  10. #30
    Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    774

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by erbear04;3739480;
    Kojii went home on Models
    Ack. I didn't watch Models yet...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.