+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

10/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

So, how much will the outfits suck THIS week?

Please keep all the juicy cattiness in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Meow!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

It is not on for another almost 3 hours where I live. I look forward to reading all the snarky comments!

Memorable show tonight? Allie and I would love to know all about it Please, pretty please?

Hi, guys. Just caught the very end of the 1st run of the show in NYC. Nicolas is out and Christopher was again in the bottom two -- I think they've really torn down his confidence!

Models of the Runway is on now and then I'll watch the 2nd run here and come back w/ some more details about the challenge and how the runway looked.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Thank you, chrisg! You rock. It still won't be on here for almost two hours.

I think this season has lost interest for a lot of folks, judging by the amount of comments.

Just unlocked the Models thread -- oops!

Irina won again, by default really. I don't know if there's lead in the water or something, but there is such a lack of inspiration among these designers...it's getting embarrassing.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree - lack of innovation and design. I have never seen such normal looking, gap clothes on this show before. I loved Carol Hannah's dress, but let's face it, it was Uli's. I guess that is why this thread is so small - not that much to talk about.

Thanks for the comments and the results. I am going to be able to stay up long enough to watch if I've made it this far. I am not going to miss Nicolas...

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3734340;
    I agree - lack of innovation and design. I have never seen such normal looking, gap clothes on this show before. I loved Carol Hannah's dress, but let's face it, it was Uli's. I guess that is why this thread is so small - not that much to talk about.
    I honestly think they already got rid of the designers who have innovation and would have benefitted from guidance and being helped to realize when they need to pull back. This is the first season I've lost interest so quickly. And I don't want to lose interest!

ITA, MFW and MF. Just really not that impressive. And, I couldn't agree more, Allie. I so, so, so wish Ra'mon and Epperson were still here and I think they've beaten down my beloved Chris' confidence! That's my excuse for him anyway.

Here's my update from the 2nd go 'round for Allie and Cootie and any other West Coasters. The challenge was to be inspired by a city and make an outfit that fit that city.

Irina won and did an Aspen outfit but I thought there was something very retro and bland about it.

Carol Hannah did an Uli not so original w/ Palm Beach, I think, as her city. She was in the top along with Irina and Gordana -- and I can't remember Gordana's city inspiration. Gordana did a dress that had an interesting neckline but not much else, IMO.

Althea's was in the middle and I can't remember her city either or her outfit that well.

Chris, Nicolas and Logan were in the bottom 3, with Chris and Nicolas in the bottom 2.

Again, I strongly felt that Logan belonged in the bottom 2 with Nicolas rather than Chris but I guess I'm just turning blue in the face over that one.

Chris' inspiration was a Southwestern city, can't remember which -- and his wasn't great but not as hideous as Logan's which was inspired by NYC and had these freaky thin suspender straps and pants again!! although not tweed this time, I don't think.

Nicolas did Greece and Michael Kors said it was more like the movie Grease rather than Greece. You truly have to see this monstrosity of Nicolas' to believe it guys -- it was a tight white spandex type shirt w/ skintight hideous grey pants.

The best part of the show was that there were a great couple of lines. Michael Kors said "They're clothes. They're not fashion" about someone's outfit but I think that sentiment is starting to fit this whole season and Milla Jovovich, who was the guest judge said "If this was called 'Project I don't mind it, he would win, but it's not." Again, I can’t remember which designer she was referring to but it’s kind of fitting for the whole season at this point!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast