+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3728961;
    So who left?????
    No kidding, tell me more

It is tough being on the west coast, knowing that you all know what happens already...
    Last edited by Cootie; 10-16-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: East coast envy

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3728962;
    No kidding, tell me more

It is tough being on the west coast, knowing that you all know what happens already...
    I know what you mean, Cootie. Last week's episode is on now. I have to work in the morning and I don't know if I can stay up to watch the show live. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3728958;
    Who is Chris sleeping with?

(There's got to be some reason he is still there.)

Shirin is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3728968;

Shirin is gone.
    Thanks for the info. You rock.

Carol-Hannah won. None of the outfits were a home run, really.

Shirin and Christopher were bottom 2, Chris was probably saved because they could see an idea under all the cliches. Shirin's was just a lost cause.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3728973;
    Carol-Hannah won. None of the outfits were a home run, really.

Shirin and Christopher were bottom 2, Chris was probably saved because they could see an idea under all the cliches. Shirin's was just a lost cause.
    Thanks, MF. You know, I don't think Shirin had one comment on her profile on FORT.

I have no idea who is going to win this one. Two of the front runners I thought initially would go head-to-head are already gone.

FORT Fan

Quite frankly I was everything but impressed with those dresses.

Nicholas getting a pass in the top three is just a damn shame. That dress he got out on the runway looked a dime a dozen. Nothing original, nothing of worth. It looked like a derivative piece of background dancing showgirl.

Christopher didn't get the assignment... at all, nice dress, but it's not a dress you put on a girl who needs to shine on stage.

Logan... loved the jacket, hated everything underneath, he should have gone home.

Shirin... I had to give it Heidi... slap a pointy hat on her, shove a broom in the picture and you've got yourself the wicked witch of west.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

This challenge was clearly out of everyone's reach. I think Nicholas came the closest to a dress that could be worn on stage because it allowed for movement. Perhaps the judges comments about the similarity to his previous white dress were edited out because it appeared that Christina favored it. I am still scratching my head on Carol Hannah's win. I just don't see any singer appearing in a red carpet, strapless, black evening gown. And the other dress that recieved praise had a train.

Christopher was on the right track with hot pants and a cover garment but it was a mess. Logan surprised me with his lame little dress but again it was closer to a stage garment than the long gowns. I am not that familiar with what Christina wears on a regular basis but I don't remember seeing any current female singer wearing an evening dress.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3729077;
    This challenge was clearly out of everyone's reach. I think Nicholas came the closest to a dress that could be worn on stage because it allowed for movement. Perhaps the judges comments about the similarity to his previous white dress were edited out because it appeared that Christina favored it. I am still scratching my head on Carol Hannah's win. I just don't see any singer appearing in a red carpet, strapless, black evening gown. And the other dress that recieved praise had a train.

Christopher was on the right track with hot pants and a cover garment but it was a mess. Logan surprised me with his lame little dress but again it was closer to a stage garment than the long gowns. I am not that familiar with what Christina wears on a regular basis but I don't remember seeing any current female singer wearing an evening dress.
    See i have the exact opposite opinion. I thought Nicolas should have been in the bottom b/c his design was just a shorter, ice skat version of his Ice Queen dress he won a few weeks ago.

And i LOVED Carol Hanna's dress! The way she worked the feathers into the dress and the way it hugged the models curves; good job girl, good job!

Christopher and Logan...yet another hot mess! But still werent as bad as Shirin's awful design! I dont understand why she didnt use that red fabric she purchased. That would have been stunning.

Still i enjoyed this episode and holy cow wow, the Bob Mackey as a guest judge! Now that is impressive!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Christopher was chastised for re-creating a look Christina has already worn. So, while a good idea - it didn't fly in this case. Christina does a lot of movement on stage and, as she says, a lot of hip work...I thought Nicholas outfit would have worked the best. Perhaps it was the color as it would do nothing to make her skin or platinum hair color stand out. I don't think Shirin is even familiar with pop stars and how they look on stage. Her outfit might have worked with a stand-still or slow moving crooner.

Gordana, who was so goofy in her breakdown this week, should have gone home as her stitch and a prayer long dress was fit for the mannequin but not for a pop star. Wow - Heidi really reamed her...look for her or Christopher going home next week.

Thank you Nicholas for saying what we have been seeing. Irina is a b*tch who thinks everyone else is beneath her. Her outfit could go out to dinner or the red carpet, but wouldn't do much on the stage. It was interesting that Queen Irina was placed in the middle this week - hooray.

Carol Hannah is just the cutest thing. Her crush on Logan is adorable, and her dress probably won for her feather work even though it was long. Bob Mackie (Mr. Mackie to Mr. Gunn) was impressed with the reverse fabric weave, so there you go.

And congrats to Althea for making it into the top three. As we were speculating last week, the top three to go to Bryant Park are probably Irina, Carol Hannah and Althea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast