+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

They did this challenge on PR Canada last season, but they didn't get to buy any extra fabric.
    They just had the wedding dress and the divorcees threw them small bundles of additional material, most of which wasn't used, as bouquets, you got whatever you caught.

We're a few weeks behind in Canada, the newspaper challenge will be on tomorrow's new episode, but I'm looking forward to seeing the outfits designed for this challenge to compare to the Canadian ones.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3722522;
    Project Runway has officially jumped the shark. Ridiculous judging resulting in their best designers being eliminated when there is plenty of reason to weed out the hacks. At this rate Chris will go next week and then Irina. The Bryant Park showings will be a joke -- Wendy Pepper x 3.

Nicolas and Althea belonged in the bottom 3 w/ Logan who should have been eliminated. Even Nicolas knew his was hideous and he was somehow safe?

Carol Hannah's was at least as strong a design as Gordana's and Irina's, if not stronger and it was only safe?
    AMEN! I'm a total PR freak, but this season is embarrassing. It jumped the shark when Daniel won the All Star competition. Beyond downhill after that. Can't even connect with any of the designers (except, perhaps, Epperson). Don't know what they're up to but the "judging" is so out of wack that I've hit the "who cares" mark. Guess they're having problems trying to get REAL talented people to audition. These people are boring and I don't care about any of them. Only good thing about the show is Michael Kors' quips and am sure Nina Garcia will help a little -- if she ever shows up.

Thanks, Canuck -- although it made sense to me why Daniel V. won the all stars even though he wasn't my choice -- it gives me solace that a lot of you are having the same take on this season I have had in general or about last night's elimination specifically. And I so don't want to be negative about PR. I have always so, so adored it even when I disagreed w/ individual eliminations but something is so off about the judging this season and perhaps it's b/c Nina and Michael haven't been there every week -- or virtually every week -- like they were in prior seasons.

There's just no justifiable excuse for Nicolas to not have been in the bottom two with Logan and he wasn't even in the bottom three! And how Epperson was eliminated over the two of them is jaw dropping to me. And for talented designers like Epperson and Ra'mon to be ushered off before designers that could easily make PR look foolish come fashion week (or may have already since it already happened) -- b/c they just don't seem to have the vision or point of view as designers which is necessary to make an impressive, cohesive collection -- just astounds me.

And it seems like Chris is being set up to be the next eliminated and in my fashion opinion he has an incredible vision and impressively strong point of view as a designer. Yes, he's had some missteps the past couple of weeks but I don't see how he or Epperson ended up in the bottom of anything either of the past two weeks given not only other designs that easily appeared worse but the overall weakness those designers have shown throughout the season compared to Epperson and Chris. First Ra'mon, then Epperson and very possibly Chris next -- PR is shooting itself in the foot this season and I just don't get it.

Maybe when PR left NYC, all the fashion sense left PR. Fluff, maybe I should switch over to Canadian PR. Who is the model host for that one?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3722996;
    Fluff, maybe I should switch over to Canadian PR. Who is the model host for that one?
    Iman.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

:nono

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3723103;

:nono
    Wow. Just ugh. So similar. And the pants on the second one? How in the world can you make a thin model look like she has a tummy sticking out????

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3722544;
    He won with the Ice Queen costume last week and was safe from elimination tonight.

I rag on Nikolas, but I did like the Ice Queen costume (it's the only pretty thing he's done so far), and he might do better with that than fashion design.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3723107;
    Wow. Just ugh. So similar. And the pants on the second one? How in the world can you make a thin model look like she has a tummy sticking out????
    That's not a "model," it's one of the divorcee's.

And tres' unflattering, whatever the figure.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3723153;
    That's not a "model," it's one of the divorcee's.

And tres' unflattering, whatever the figure.
    Holy crap HIDEOUS! Logan needs to stop designing trousers!! As much as i like Logan he should have gone this week. This was simply awful to the point where it was embarrassing to watch. Epperson's design may not have been perfect but it was still pretty

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Smig;3722835;
    Raisin, I kinda liked Epperson's dress, too. It definitly had his stamp on it, imo. I think Logan's was a mess (although I totally don't get where Heidi called it "Oktoberfest" - has she ever been to one? lol) and didn't have his stamp on it anywhere. But Epperson, even though doing something he clearly did not want to do, still put some of his own thing in it.

Oh, and Carol Hannah, that was the name I couldn't remember. She's the one that did that bluish, 'fluffy' dress, right? I liked that one.

And I was getting pretty sick of Shirrin's whining, btw. I'm glad she finally got around to working and did something, but I still think that blue dress was better than the one she did, I don't get how she was in the top 3. Meh, I haven't understood a LOT of what they're doing this year (meaning the judges). I think having it in LA, they're all suffering from permanent jet lag or something.

OH! And wth is with this "you have one day" to make these outfits, huh? It's INSANE!! They must've only had use of the studio and/or living quarters for a very short length of time. I know it's expensive out here, but dang, so is Manhattan, no?
    I think Heidi was calling Epperson's design Oktoberfest. I think anyway....YES Logan design was whack!

OMG i am sooo getting sick of Shirin's whinning too! I was feeling bad for her while she was having so much trouble with the Cher dress but no i dont really think her design should have been in the top 3. Yea the stitching pattern she did in red was nice but she used NONE of the extra material she purchased and only one of the feathers in the models hair? Meh, idk....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast