+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Tonight: Michael Kors is back!!! And he's making people cry!!

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET/11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

It's raining and my satellite is having all sorts of issues right now! /cry

What's the challenge?

Hi, Kao. I missed most of the show but just caught the Runway. It was designing 2 outfits for Macy's and the designers worked in pairs.

Hopefully Louise will be eliminated. Just horrid, horrid, horrid. I can't believe they kept her over my beloved Ra'mon.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Irina won again.

Christopher and Epperson, and Louise and Gordana Nicolas (thanks) were bottom 2 teams. Christopher broke down several times while their clothes were getting trashed by the judges. He and Louise were bottom 2, and they both could have gone home, but ultimately Louise was out and Christopher was in.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-02-2009 at 05:33 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Actually, Chris and Epperson and Louise and NICHOLAS were bottom two, mainly because Louise was intent on using ruffles upon ruffles to hide her poor craftsmenship, leading to many references to "bad bridesmaid" by Michael Kors and crew.

I actually didn't agree with the winners, but oh well, what can you do. Honestly, I hope Gordana and Nicholas leave- Gordana for her boring, uninspired designs, and Nicholas... well, we all know why.
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

I really don't like Irina I decided. She got rather catty on the catwalk, and even though Gordana is rather quiet, there was no need for to just get all snappy out there! I preferred Shirin/Carol Hannah's honestly.

Out of all the designer's left, it was Louise's time to go IMO, so I'm not too disappointed.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I also preferred Carol Hannah & Shirin's designs. When the camera showed the two sets next to each other Carol Hannah/Shirin's looked classier, more expensive, and more cohesive.

Kao

Thanks guys!

Too bad about Louise; I liked her.

Oh sorry, Kao. I didn't realize...

And Nicolas' dress was worse but he had immunity -- although the ruffles were Louise's idea.

Gordana was paired with Irina, MFW.

Liked Irina's but not Gordana's -- I thought her's looked cheap and retro.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I work at Macy's (in the i.n.c. dept) and I'm sorry....but the one dress Louise made looks A LOT like dresses we have sold there. The more tailored one with ruffles on both sides. The other one was disastrous, looking more like a third graders' arts & crafts project.
    The lady that represented Macy's should actually step inside a store once in a while before she makes remarks about modern women not buying that type of dress.
    Oh wait....she's probably an elitist New Yorker and has no idea what middle America wears.

The winner for the i.n.c. brand, to me, was hands-down Carol Hannah. Her dress was classic and beautiful and could easily be separates. The top with the leggings (be warned Tim Gunn...they're back and selling like crazy! ick!) was very cute and could be sold in multiple colors.

They chose the wrong winner.
    Irina's dress was pretty, but you try and get an every-day type of woman to wear that neckline.....
    The top Gordana worked on looked messy and like she used my grandma's curtains.

I challenge anyone to try and find blue or navy bottoms (skirts or pants) in the stores. Even brown and grey are hard to find. It's all black. Boring black.

ETA - Christopher...what were you thinking??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast