+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Irina behaved like a witch towards Gordana. Maybe something was left out in the editing, but what Gordana said didn't desrve that kind of criticism, especially since they were in the top two. And what is it with these contestants and color? They either don't like it (like Irina) or don't have a real sense of it (like Louise and that brown blob she turn Fatma into last week). And Christopher must be on the verge of a nervous breakdown from exhaustion. Michael Koors wasn't nearly as bittingly acurate as he can be (I am delirious he's back. Now bring back Nina!). I am also surprised Epperson and Chris thought they had a chance with those two garments. I thought the shirt dress was cute but ordinary, but that material they used was a nightmare. I am frankly underwhelmed by this season. I still think season four had the best top group (Chris March and Christian Siriano, Jillian and Rami). I thought Leanne had a great aesthetic last season, but this group is just boring. Maybe is the nature of the challenges/the switch to Los Angeles. And it is disconcerting to see Tim in the work room without a tie. Go back to New York. And bring back Nina!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Had you offered me any one of the designs from last night, free of charge, I'd have had a hard time deciding which one I disliked the least.

Although I thought Carol Hannah, Shirin and Gordana made a wearable outfit, it was only "wearable" if you were as skinny as the model. Make that same design in a size 12 and it's a whole different story.

Not sure who made the incredibly short skirt (it was either Althea or Logan) but that would have been bottom three for me. Yes, Miss Model . . . you are pretty. Yes, Miss Model . . . you have a nice figure. No, Miss Model . . . I do not wish to see your tushy!

Funny that Louise finally says she's gonna kick it up a notch and then finds herself in a challenge where that wouldn't be a good thing to do!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

old cow

i was disappointed by this episode. I guess it doesnt help that i DESPISE the color blue so seeing it come down the runway time and time again was such a bore!

No design blew me away but i guess Shirin and C.H. were ok.

Both Christopher & Louise's designs were terrible and not surprised Louise went home but honestly it would have been a toss up.

I am surprised that the Macy's lady never spoke up about selecting Louises and Christophers designs. They pitched them and she picked them. Both concepts came down the runway looking just like the sketches.

Shame on her. If she didn't like ruffles, then she shouldn't have picked Louise. If she didn't like the shirt dress, then she shoudn't have picked Christopher.

She said nothing as the judges bashed her choices. She even agreed that Macys customers would not buy ruffles.

I just do not get it!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3716300;
    The lady that represented Macy's should actually step inside a store once in a while before she makes remarks about modern women not buying that type of dress.
    Oh wait....she's probably an elitist New Yorker and has no idea what middle America wears.
    Ahem! She's a clueless elitist from Los Angeles! My town and coast aren't to blame this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3716385;
    I am surprised that the Macy's lady never spoke up about selecting Louises and Christophers designs. They pitched them and she picked them. Both concepts came down the runway looking just like the sketches.

Shame on her. If she didn't like ruffles, then she shouldn't have picked Louise. If she didn't like the shirt dress, then she shoudn't have picked Christopher.

She said nothing as the judges bashed her choices. She even agreed that Macys customers would not buy ruffles.
    I think that Macy's Lady thought Louise's and Christopher's pieces looked great at the sketch stage; it's how they were executed that turned them into disasters. And Carol-Hannah's top showed how ruffles could be used in a more subtle, flattering way. I kind of hate ruffles too, but I guess if the designer is good enough, they can make almost anything work.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3716300;
    The winner for the i.n.c. brand, to me, was hands-down Carol Hannah. Her dress was classic and beautiful and could easily be separates. The top with the leggings (be warned Tim Gunn...they're back and selling like crazy! ick!) was very cute and could be sold in multiple colors.

They chose the wrong winner.
    Irina's dress was pretty, but you try and get an every-day type of woman to wear that neckline.....
    The top Gordana worked on looked messy and like she used my grandma's curtains.

I challenge anyone to try and find blue or navy bottoms (skirts or pants) in the stores. Even brown and grey are hard to find. It's all black. Boring black.

ETA - Christopher...what were you thinking??
    I TOTALLY agree with you French Dip! I liked both Carol Hannah & Shirin's designs. Those are the types of clothes that are work-wearable clothes for me. No one seems to make those types of clothes, professional but not in the hoochie momma profession *LOL* It is dang near impossible to fins clothes in a size 0 or 2.
    As much as I hate it, I did buy 2 pairs of leggings. Saw a woman wearing a pair last nite; think 200 pounds with a top that barely covered her waist. Not a pretty site.
    Navy, grey & brown...forget it. Impossible to find.
    Irinia's dress was pretty but I could never get away with wearing that to work without a cami or t-shirt underneath. Pretty dress though.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3716385;

I just do not get it!
    I watched the episode again while writing the recap, and Macy's Lady said "I happen to like ruffles"...she just hated Louise's take on them. She kind of stammered when she said it so it wasn't immediately clear.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3716520;
    I watched the episode again while writing the recap, and Macy's Lady said "I happen to like ruffles"...she just hated Louise's take on them. She kind of stammered when she said it so it wasn't immediately clear.
    I just thought that the sketches looked just like the final design. Their's moreso than anyones.

I have 2 piratey/gypsy/boho shirts that I bought at Macy's. At least one of them is INC, but they are both "so last season"
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Wasn't really enamored by the designs this week - except for the one that the winner designed that is being sold at Macy's. It's blue with a butterfly at a hip gathering.

Was not surprised by Louise's elimination, and I think Christopher was saved because he had a very strong piece last week and I think they know that this was a (albeit huge) misstep. Had the fabric been different, I think it'd been a different story.

Another reason I think Christopher was saved - they hated Nicholas' even more, but because he had immunity they had to allow him to continue. So, since they HAD to save Nicholas, they didn't want to eliminate Christopher because of an obvious off day when he has probably more potential than others in the contest. Personally, I also think he's a better designer than Nicholas - so I'm hoping he improves next week, but if not, at least he got another chance.

Given how much they touted Heidi saying "one or more will be eliminated," and only one was removed - this really makes me think the above.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3716552;
    ...they hated Nicholas' even more, but because he had immunity they had to allow him to continue. So, since they HAD to save Nicholas, they didn't want to eliminate Christopher because of an obvious off day when he has probably more potential than others in the contest. Personally, I also think he's a better designer than Nicholas - so I'm hoping he improves next week, but if not, at least he got another chance.

Given how much they touted Heidi saying "one or more will be eliminated," and only one was removed - this really makes me think the above.
    Well in all fairness to Nicolas i dont think he even wanted to do the ruffles thingy and im not sure why he didnt tell Louise this so it could be both their designs down the runway and not just hers and him assisting but thats probably why he was safe was......i mean i guess anyway; i really dont know what to think of these judges anymore.

Yea i was beginning to think there was going to be a double elimination as well. I found it really retarded to go thru all the dramatic music and such just to elminate one person....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast