+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 9/24 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3711464;
    Why were the producers so vague about the goal of this challenge? The genre idea was good, but were the designers to produce a literal costume or fashion? If the end game is a costume, then Gordanaís flapper, Sherinís dance hall girl and Carolís Action star were tops. And OK, Nicolasís Ice Queen gets points as well. (But the WIN?)

On the other hand if the genre was to inspire fashion, then Christopher and Epperson were the best.

You couldnít tell from the judging; they seemed to want it both ways.
    They should have stated very bluntly if they were suppose to design a costume or fashion inspired. But they didn't. They just told them to make something for certain era's.

If Gordana (?sp?) was costume then so was Nicholas'...and several others.

old cow

Thats what i dont understand either....is it suppose to be a design inspired by the genre or an actual design unsed in that genre.

Also idk if this has been mentioned before but was anyone a little disappointed that Logan & C.H.'s designs looked almost exactly the same. Its liked they copied each other sketches and both created a Kill Bill type of body suit. Well there's more to the Action/Adventure genre than just Kill Bill; it would have been nice to see something different.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

They just as easily could have been Matrix.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3712796;
    yea thats true. I guess im a little disappointed that no one gave the models a whip and hat and sent her down the runway ala' Indiana Jones. Im just kidding about that. But seriously the body suits were nice but still would have been nice to see something different from at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3712803;
    yea thats true. I guess im a little disappointed that no one gave the models a whip and hat and sent her down the runway ala' Indiana Jones. Im just kidding about that. But seriously the body suits were nice but still would have been nice to see something different from at least one of them.
    Well, I was going to say it's a man thing since they were body suits but then realized CH is Carol Hannah. I'm losing my mind!

CH did do something different...she added a cape...

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3712796;
    Funny, my first thought when I saw Logan's was "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider"!
    I also agree that the other action outfit was too close. They could have gotten much more inventive with their design and tailored their story to back it up!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3712828;
    Funny, my first thought when I saw Logan's was "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider"!
    I also agree that the other action outfit was too close. They could have gotten much more inventive with their design and tailored their story to back it up!
    The Matrix, Kill Bill, AND Lara Croft! So i guess the problem isnt the designers, its hollywood. With Logan yea i guess him being the token "straight guy" i guess he would do a middle-of-the-road black body suit but Carol Hanna is usually a little more inventive so for her to do something so similar.......did she have a cape? Well there you sooooooo different! But both of them were safe (rightfully so i guess) so i guess it doesnt matter.

Kao

Ra'Mon should have said that his design was for a B movie version of The Lizard Woman with a shoestring budget. He probably would still be there!

The more I look at CH, the more I didn't realize how SHINY that top was. Almost too much so. The cape/cloak was very nice though. But I liked that Logan worked almost entirely in leather or pleather & did a very good fitting job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678