+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Louise should have gotten the boot, didn't the judges say that her outfit had no imagination, that it was nothing special at all. Ramon should have stayed, at least his outfit had some thought put into it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, Graycat. Ra'Mon did have more imagination.

But it was just so "construction paper & Elmer's glue." And that's not the first time he's had that kind of result.

Louise has at least shown she can construct well. I know this is more about design than construction, but had Ra'mon DESIGNED well right off the bat, he'd have had time for better construction.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3710776;
    Am I the only one who thought Nicolas' 'Ice Queen' was totally tacky?
    I think it was later on "Models" where one of them mentioned "Chronicles of Narnia." That design was right out of the first movie - didn't show much originality at all.

And CHRISg, I thoroughly agree about our fellow "Chris" people rocking the runway.

Best wishes,
    azCHRIStian!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3711076;
    But it was just so "construction paper & Elmer's glue."

Agreed!!!!

They faulted Gordana (again) for her design. At least it was well made. The lizard outfit looked like it was a papier mache project from summer camp. If the judges were going solely by the design from this episode only, it was time for Ra'mon to go.

Thank heavens Michael Kors is coming back next week.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Last night was really bad but in a good way. My poor dvr was running on overtime. Grey's was on as was CSI plus Project Runway & my beloved RHOA.

I was holding my breath that Ra'mons dress wasn't going to fall off the model. It appeared to be glued on to her body by Elmer's glue

Irina's newspaper coat last week was partially taped together and it won. Scotch Taped. I hadn't heard that scotch tape was the new thread and yet that was perfectly acceptable construction -- winning construction, in fact.

And it seems a primary consideration for judging should be that the design should at least objectively meet the requirements of the challenge. The challenge was to create a movie costume that fit the assigned theme. Louise's could have been in any movie with any theme and it wasn't a costume at all, it didn't have a theme at all, it was just a dress.

ETA: And hopefully I'll stop harping on this but I think they made a huge mistake eliminating Ra'mon -- and I have very poor impulse control -- so I apologize in advance.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Newbie

I couldn't agree more Chris and Gray - Ra'mon deserved to stay - in my opinion anyway. He thinks outside the box and although he did have trouble with the construction he still is a hell of alot better than Louise in the design department. If this is a show about just sewing then hell, I could win! The point is, Louise shows no PIZZAZZ in her designs whatsoever - it looks like a dress i could expect to see hanging in Target the last 6 months - nothing new, nothing bold, nothing at all....

Sorry - just really frustrated with the fact Ra'mon is gone - and that Epperson or Chris didn't win but pathetic liitle whiny weasel Nickalaus did! What's up with that??

Bring back Michael and Nina!!! I miss them dearly!

Weren't at least two of the judges this week costume designers? I think that is a good choice to judge film costumes because the criteria are different. I liked Epperson's costume as well as Chris's.

old cow

Count me in as one of the consipracy theorists that say the judges have it in for Gordana! I viewed the pics on the lifetime website and her dress was stunning! I think in the Top 3 for sure and she's put at the bottom? WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3711247;
    Count me in as one of the consipracy theorists that say the judges have it in for Gordana! I viewed the pics on the lifetime website and her dress was stunning! I think in the Top 3 for sure and she's put at the bottom? WTH?
    In the defense of the judges, I think this week was hard to judge, as was last week. The quality of work was so good, they had no choice but to be super nit picky.

Johnny deserved to go home last week, this week, Ra'Mon and Nicolaus were the bottom 2 in my opinion this week.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast