+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Let's start the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I am loving this season. I really don't care a whole lot about the behind the scenes drama. This season demonstrates that a show can be exciting based on shear talent. I think it is the most talented group of designers in PR history (IMO, of course).

Meanwhile, Althea needs to put on a shirt. My eyes go right to her boobs which are hanging out there for the whole world to see.

Oh, and the premise of tonight's show is what separates the real designers from the wannabes. It is clear that the real designers can turn just about anything into something creative and beautiful - and do so in a limited amount of time. Arts and crafts project or not.

The whiners = the wannabees.

Best season of models, too. Previous years' have been pretty awful. This is a huge - and great - step up.

Finally, go Team Fatma! I like this girl (so far). In the drama, out of the drama, above the drama....she keeps it real.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-17-2009 at 11:22 PM.

I didn't like Christopher's dress as much as the judges did -- I thought the shredded "feather" skirt just looked like shredded newspaper -- the gown was too artsy-craftsy to me, compared to most of the other looks.

The judges kept telling Irina things that were wrong with her trenchcoat, and yet they name her the winner. Just one of these weeks, I would love to have a runway show and judging that was edited so that it made sense to the audience. I don't think it's happened yet this season.

Ding Dong, Johnny is gone. He needed more personal growth time after his troubles before going on this show, he wasn't ready. Or else, maybe he was always a lazy liar and should never have been cast, it's one of those!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I definitely agree that this season we are seeing TONS of talent! All of those dresses, with the exceptions of Johnny's, I thought looked pretty good on the runway for the most part!

Totally fine with Irina winning, though I'd love all of the top 3 designs!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I loved Christopher's design and thought he should've won, but was okay with Irina winning. Her coat wasn't anything I would ever wear, but it was beautiful. I was kind of annoyed by Tommy saying something about the tape on the back. It was paper! It was probably a last minute repair, and I can understand stuff like that. If she had tape all over it and had put it together with tape, okay say something. That would be tacky. However, I didn't get that was the case.

It was time for Johnny to go. I hated his purple disaster last week. I agree that he needed more time to heal emotionally before he participated in the show. I think it would have made a big difference in his attitude and what he produced. At least I hope he wouldn't have sat and worked a crossword puzzle at a later time when he was stronger. It's bad when Tim Gunn says something about you like he did after Johnny left.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3705214;

It was time for Johnny to go. I hated his purple disaster last week. I agree that he needed more time to heal emotionally before he participated in the show. I think it would have made a big difference in his attitude and what he produced. At least I hope he wouldn't have sat and worked a crossword puzzle at a later time when he was stronger. It's bad when Tim Gunn says something about you like he did after Johnny left.
    What did Tim say???

I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't like Althea's dress at all! I really hate strapless dresses that don't fit so the boobs go one way and the dress the other! That's exactly what her dress did. With a few exceptions, they all rocked this challenge so I'm amazed that Althea was a favorite.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 09-18-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3705224;
    What did Tim say???
    On the runway, Johnny made up a lie about his first dress being "a Dior" and having to make a second one last-minute because the first one was ruined by a steamer during pressing. The truth is, his first dress was just plain ugly, and Tim said so when he walked around the workroom on the first day.

On the runway, Nicolas called Johnny out about the lie, and said that the dress wasn't a Dior but in fact "a red mess". Later in the green room, Tim did his usual, "clean up your workspace" and everyone hugged Johnny goodbye. Right after Johnny left, everyone heaved a sigh and Tim launched in with, "I'm incredulous at that utterly preposterous spewing of fiction that Johnny did on the runway!" Everyone else started chiming in after that.

Looks they won't be missing Johnny too much. They probably wouldn't have been as annoyed at him if he hadn't spent half of the second day doing a crossword puzzle from one of the newspapers instead of working...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

It is possible that Johnny would have lasted one more week had he not discarded his first effort. The oragami birds were pretty nifty and could have been the deciding factor in him squeaking by.

Epperson should have chosen the model he preferred; it would offer incentive for the others to switch if they have misgivings. It is much more interesting for the viewer.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Johnny should have remembered that the cameras are always rolling in the workroom and that they would have caught him ripping his original design off the dress form, balling it up and tossing it in the trash. He must still be hanging onto user tricks of the trade of which lying is key. This might have been automatic for him and now that he sees it on the show, maybe, just maybe it will be another wake up call.

Ah, Tim...your plethora of multi-syllabic words used in one sentence continue to charm me. Thank you for your pithy diatribe.

I miss Nina and Tim more each week. While T. Hillfinger did okay, the only thing I remember about his comments on Irina's trench coat (after he dropped designer names) was that it was eighties. I thought it looked more 40's Hollywood glam or 20's SpeakEasy glam or rich matron glam of any age (except the current.) It was the work on the faux fur look for the collar and cuffs, as well as the belt, that made it stand out...she also did not use any dyes and it was interesting that you could read the ad on the square pocket.

My poor Gordana...this week she gets some airtime in the workroom and encouragement from Tim, yet sends down a dress labeled as safe. Again, perhaps another color (deeper reds or blues) would have helped. She is another designer from the coastal south who seems to stick with a sand and sea color palate and that does get boring. I did like the two=tiered ruffles...made it kind of young and flirty.

Heidi was right in her pre-season spoiler when she said in an interview to "watch out for the girls." With the exception of, perhaps, Christopher, the girls are the real competition this time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast