+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/17 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't like tattle-tales and bullys, so I hope Nick's time on PR is over soon. I didn't think Johnny's dress was any worse than Nick's. I have to give props to all the designers, working with paper did not look that easy and I thought everyone did a pretty good job.
    And what happened to Michael Kor's and Nina Garcia???

Yikes...I must have Tim on the brain...I meant I miss Michael.

Nick is bitchy and the pressure is getting to him. Working next to Johnny he saw everything that went down, but then he was complaining about Shirin's incessant chatter as well. They showed other designers making faces about Johnny, but his was the ITM they chose to show. (Although I think it was Irina (?) who commented on Johnny doing the crossword during the rushed next morning.)

The edit seemed to be revealing Nick's increasing frustration with the project at hand, and it spilling over onto his fellow contestants. That way, his call out for bus wheels to drive over Johnny on the runway made more sense than if he were just one of a group.

Still, will his sarcastic approach continue to drag him down? It might, and he may be the next to go.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3705390;
    I don't like tattle-tales and bullys, so I hope Nick's time on PR is over soon. I didn't think Johnny's dress was any worse than Nick's. I have to give props to all the designers, working with paper did not look that easy and I thought everyone did a pretty good job.
    And what happened to Michael Kor's and Nina Garcia???
    So if a contestant is blatantly lying no one should stand up and say anything cuase lo and behold they are a dreaded "tattle tale". What ever happened to owning up to your mistakes? Nickolaus just told the truth only in Jonny's mind is that being thrown under the bus.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3705293;
    I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't like Althea's dress at all! I really hate strapless dresses that don't fit so the boobs go one way and the dress the other! That's exactly what her dress did. With a few exceptions, they all rocked this challenge so I'm amazed that Althea was a favorite.
    I didn't like Althea's design either! I don't think it was bad enuff to send her home but definatly not worthy of a Top 3! Other than that Christopher & Irina did deserve their top spot! Irina's coat design was stunning especially the use of the crinkled paper to look like fur and Christophers long dress with the cuts to look like feathers....BRILLIANT! Althea just didnt seem to have any imagination to her design

I liked Gordana's dress. I thought it was the best constructed dress in the show. I was amazed that she made the paper look like fabric. To me it looked waaaaaay better than Althea's dress.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3705450;
    So if a contestant is blatantly lying no one should stand up and say anything cuase lo and behold they are a dreaded "tattle tale". What ever happened to owning up to your mistakes? Nickolaus just told the truth only in Jonny's mind is that being thrown under the bus.
    Well that has to be the most interesting way to spell Nicolas.

Honestly i can see your point. He was right in pointing out Johnny's lie but he really was being a b*tch last nite and its pretty big talk coming from him seeing is how he's been in the bottom twice already and not in the top once.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3705453;
    I liked Gordana's dress. I thought it was the best constructed dress in the show. I was amazed that she made the paper look like fabric. To me it looked waaaaaay better than Althea's dress.
    I liked it too and i dont think she deserved to be in the bottom. Not 100% sure if it was a top design though. Yea is sooo totally looked better than Althea's design. And when is Louise gonna get some recognition for her designs. Her dress last nite was stunning! The top with the rolls of paper, that was pretty cute I think her strong point is her attention to detail and i would like to see her win one of these challenges before its all said and done.

I too liked Gordana's dress. They warn about too theatrical, but then slam something that looks real. They gave dyes and such for the paper, which in my mind suggests altering newspaper. Oh well. Glad she stayed.

As for Johnny, it seemed as if he was trying to cover up his embarrassment for being slammed on the first dress. I saw the lying and covering techniques that an addict does. I agree with someone who said he was not emotionally ready for this competition. And he said he did the crossword puzzle out of frustration (maybe trying to clear his mind). He should not have lied and should have fessed up and said that Tim hated his first effort so he trashed it and rushed to do a new one. If he explained that he realized altering the first dress might have been better given the time, he might have stayed.

Nicolas was being a you-know-what this ep, wasn't he? Or at least the editing sure made him seem that way. I do understand his frustration at Johnny, but I believe his outburst in front of the judges was unnecessary and might come back on him later.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My favorites: Gordana, Carol Hannah, Irina and Christopher (but no surprise, I like what those ladies do most every week).

I actually liked Althea's design better this week than last.

The color of Ra'mons design made it bottom three for me, along with Epperson, Shirin, Johnny and Nicholas..

I agree with you Allie in regards to Johnny and his addiction bringing on a tendency to not always be truthful.

Hopefully, Nick's time is coming to an end. Can't stand his attitude.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 09-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3705491;
    I too liked Gordana's dress. They warn about too theatrical, but then slam something that looks real. They gave dyes and such for the paper, which in my mind suggests altering newspaper. Oh well. Glad she stayed.

As for Johnny, it seemed as if he was trying to cover up his embarrassment for being slammed on the first dress. I saw the lying and covering techniques that an addict does. I agree with someone who said he was not emotionally ready for this competition. And he said he did the crossword puzzle out of frustration (maybe trying to clear his mind). He should not have lied and should have fessed up and said that Tim hated his first effort so he trashed it and rushed to do a new one. If he explained that he realized altering the first dress might have been better given the time, he might have stayed.

Nicolas was being a you-know-what this ep, wasn't he? Or at least the editing sure made him seem that way. I do understand his frustration at Johnny, but I believe his outburst in front of the judges was unnecessary and might come back on him later.
    I don't know if they are trying to edit him to be the villan this season as there really aren't any strong personalities this season. Regardless that I hated some of the previous designers because they were just nasty egotists their opinions and attitudes really added spice to the show. As a parallel to that thought, now that we are seeing some other judges, I want Michael Kors and Nina back. They make some very witty comments and didn't come across as blah on screen like Tommy Hillflinger (or however you spell his name) does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast