+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 4 Photos - Models as Clients Challenge

Re: Week 4 Photos - Models as Clients Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3700250;
    The more I look at Gordana's, the more I think I would like that (longer length, of course, I am 43). But I am so short at 4-11, that most normal sized dresses ARE longer.
    I also liked Gordana's dress. I feel that she and Irina have been robbed in the past of Top3 placings, at least.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3700421;
    I also liked Gordana's dress. I feel that she and Irina have been robbed in the past of Top3 placings, at least.
    The only thing I didn't quite like about Gordana's dress was the color - I just felt that it washed her out just a little bit. If it were green or blue, I'd be like "I'd really like to have that dress custom made for me." That said, it was a lovely design, fit and the material was perfect. It was also sewn very well, and showed good tailoring.

I also liked Christopher's; however, I think it'd been stronger if only one part of the dress (top or bottom) had pleats, not both. He also needs to be careful - I think the three out of the past four outfits he's done have had these pleats, and while LeAnn did a lot of pleats I think last season, they're not going to let that go on too long as the season progresses.

Epperson's was cool - and a case of showing how a risk can pay off. I do think that his model needed either a better fitting bra or sewn in cups to give her a little support up there.

My least favorites were the winner's dress (good idea, just executed poorly, and the model needed a bra), and the ones that were in the bottom. I also think that they were right on the elimination - Qrystal's dress wasn't executed well and frankly, there are going to be a LOT of models at these events in a little black dress (even that style), so her model wasn't going to be standing out in that number. For good or bad, the other dresses at least would stand out in a crowd.

Jusging by these pictures, I'm not sure how or why Althea's dress won. Maybe if the skirt was a little bit longer, it would look better. But, as it is, it just looks like an oversized diaper to me.

My three favorites are the dresses from Nicolas, Louise, and Gordana (but change that color).

If Logan had made the skirt for his dress as a pencil skirt and not doubled over the lace and gotten rid of the spaghetti straps, I think that dress would have looked MUCH better...

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3700840;
    Jusging by these pictures, I'm not sure how or why Althea's dress won. Maybe if the skirt was a little bit longer, it would look better. But, as it is, it just looks like an oversized diaper to me.

My three favorites are the dresses from Nicolas, Louise, and Gordana (but change that color).

If Logan had made the skirt for his dress as a pencil skirt and not doubled over the lace and gotten rid of the spaghetti straps, I think that dress would have looked MUCH better...
    I agree with all your points. Im still scratching my head over Althea's design. To me it was just fugly!

Im not wild about Louise dress but you are right on about Nicholas dress. That was stunning and should have been in the Top 3 w/Epperson and C.H.

The thing about Logan's dress is i remember the model specifically asked for a 50s style type of dress so thats probably why he did the skirt the way he did. But yea get rid of the double lace and the awful spaghetti straps and maybe just make it strapless and it would have been really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3700103;
    My top three would have been Shirin, Gordana and Carol Hannah (in no particular order), with Logan, Ra'mon and Althea in the bottom three.
    I would probably put Nicholas in the Top 3 instead of Shirin, but totally agree with Gordana up there, and definitely with Ra'mon in the bottom 3. That bow...ugh!

Maybe Gordana's goal was to make the dress disappear so the model stood out? When I look at the photo, the first thing I see is the model's face and hair, then her legs, then the dress. The honey color she picked is in the model's hair color range, and with the makeup, she really emphasized her look above the shoulders. Is that the feature she wanted to showcase other than her legs? We don't know because Gordana didn't get any airtime during the workroom portion of the show.

I like Epperson's stitching on of shreds. but it makes the dress more interesting, not the model. Still, these are now my two favorites for this episode...one for the model and one for the dress.

Gordana's dress is good but I think I would have liked it in a color other than beige. Maybe its the jersey. Something keeps me from loving it though the construction is fabulous.

Logan's dress was a prom dress gone wrong, terribly wrong. I can see what he could have done and it had potential but that lace, eww.

I must say, I like going back to the live action shots of the models on the runway versus the poses that they did with the white background last season.

I liked Irina's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12