+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 9/3 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I must admit I didnt mind Mitchell as much as you other guys did but it was his time to go. It did seem like he didnt even care if he stayed or not. Honestly i think he's a good kid but he's just that a kid and way in over his head. I think a certain maturity is needed to be on this show and he just didnt have it.

I simply don't understand the judges last nite! And how the flip does Avante Gard go along with beach wear? That makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3690099;
    I must admit I didnt mind Mitchell as much as you other guys did but it was his time to go. It did seem like he didnt even care if he stayed or not. Honestly i think he's a good kid but he's just that a kid and way in over his head. I think a certain maturity is needed to be on this show and he just didnt have it.

I simply don't understand the judges last nite! And how the flip does Avante Gard go along with beach wear? That makes no sense to me.
    I didn't mind him either, until this week's show.
    I loved how he did the smocking in the first episode and I had hoped that he had something more to show us.
    But instead he showed that he doesn't have the work ethic it takes to compete on this show.
    It was a toss-up...for me...between Mitchell and Qristyl getting AUF'D this week. She irritates me.

AND....did none of these designers pay any attention to the challenge this week? None of that could be worn on a beach.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3690107;
    It was a toss-up...for me...between Mitchell and Qristyl getting AUF'D this week. She irritates me.

AND....did none of these designers pay any attention to the challenge this week? None of that could be worn on a beach.
    I agree on both points! Qristyl really started getting on my nerves last nite! And i kinda liked the green dress but that brown bathing suit was FUGLY!

Some of those dresses were just so not appropriate for the beach. That big, puffy dress that Logan & Christopher made, who would wear that on the beach?!?

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3690136;
    That big, puffy dress that Logan & Christopher made, who would wear that on the beach?!?
    But, that was their avant garde look...those weren't necessarily for wearing on the beach. If the avant garde dresses were supposed to be designed for wearing on the beach, none of them would qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3690099;

I could not agree more. CalSurfer is casual-cool. The Avante Gard designs were all so restrictive ---totally NOT something the surfer girl would don for an evening out, lol. I guess Ra'mon's (sp?) was the closest to something like that, but I really didn't care for any of them.

So glad Mitchell is gone. He was lost from the get-go and it was painful to watch his floundering.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3690151;
    But, that was their avant garde look...those weren't necessarily for wearing on the beach. If the avant garde dresses were supposed to be designed for wearing on the beach, none of them would qualify!
    Wasn't the challenge to tie it in to the theme of their beachwear and target the same wearer? I thought so, but maybe that was my misinterpretation. Was it just to tie in with colors or something?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3690168;
    Wasn't the challenge to tie it in to the theme of their beachwear and target the same wearer? I thought so, but maybe that was my misinterpretation. Was it just to tie in with colors or something?
    Thats what i was thinking. The Avant Garde look was suppose to tie in with the beach wear, right? Why would you have a challenge that involved beach wear and then be asked to do a 2nd look that had NOTHING to do with the original theme?

I think thats the point i was trying to make in my previous post....

Ah...see, raisinthesun, I thought your post meant you thought the avant garde looks were supposed to actually be wearable on the beach, literally.

Yes, the looks were supposed to tie to each other somehow, and I found myself wondering how the two looks tied together in more than one case...

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3690410;
    Ah...see, raisinthesun, I thought your post meant you thought the avant garde looks were supposed to actually be wearable on the beach, literally.

Yes, the looks were supposed to tie to each other somehow, and I found myself wondering how the two looks tied together in more than one case...
    Oh, thanxs for explaining that. Even still thats kinda a confusing challenge. The concept of mixing such different genres into one runway collection seems a bit odd (to me anyway).

Kao

I'm annoyed that the designer that probably would have rocked this challenge was sent home last week in favor of someone who openly stated that he picked Ra'Mon because he wanted "someone to carry him (who does that to a friend?), who played around while seeing his "friend" struggling to finish two outfits in time for something that benefited BOTH of them, who was joking with another designer about getting Aufed, and who basically sewed a few scraps of fabric together to make a bikini that the judges didn't even see and burned his finger. The only thing positive I can say about him was that once put on the spot he stated that his contribution to the challenge was minimal (instead of trying to take credit. Even though Antonio was joking with him, I got the impression that he (and some of the other designers, like Louise) were really disgusted with him.

Someone obviously thought he was adorable somewhere and slid him into this competition, but when I think of Cluck-cluck (who got sent home early but actually wanted to be here) and the designers who didn't make the cut it makes me very angry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast