+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/3 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I thought everyone missed the boat. I grew up on the beaches of California and I don't think any of those clothes fit a surf and sand lifestyle. Organza? Are you kidding me? The macramé swim suit was good, but almost completely covered up a solid brown (?) oddly structured shirt.

Since the season began, I have been wondering if Mitchell had undiagnosed ADD. After I heard him say Ra'Mon could carry him, I realized he must be lazy. He still may have ADD, but that was just wrong to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3689705;
    Finally! So glad that Mitchell is gone. He was useless.
    Yay! Now I can safely watch the show in about 6 minutes. And yes, sometimes I read the ending of a book, too!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3689742;
    Since the season began, I have been wondering if Mitchell had undiagnosed ADD. After I heard him say Ra'Mon could carry him, I realized he must be lazy. He still may have ADD, but that was just wrong to say that!
    The way that he said it was weird. He just said it as a fact. The most shocking part is that he didn't think that anything was wrong with it.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3689934;
    The way that he said it was weird. He just said it as a fact. The most shocking part is that he didn't think that anything was wrong with it.
    I know, that made me so angry, and watching Ra'mon stitching away and sweating it out while Mitchell joked and fluttered around watching what everyone else was doing just made me angrier. I loved both looks he sent down the runway (minus the belt on the first one) and I'm glad he won, especially since the second outfit was created literally a couple of hours before they went down the runway.

I absolutely LOVED the surfer outfit Johnny and his partner sent down the runway. The crochet down the back was just A+

Mitchell being eliminated was a perfect Reality TV Moment. That is what we live and breathe for watching these shows. I was yelling at my tv screen hoping Mitchell would be eliminated especially after telling the judging panel that Ra'mon did all the work. I can't believe he thought he could skate through on the back of another's work. Although I have seen that happen. A truly perfect week would have the judges on Bravo's Top Chef eliminating Mike I for doing the exact same thing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm still not getting into this season as much as season's past. Noone has wowed me yet, but I have to give the judges an A+ for eliminating M. The look on Heidi's face as he talked was worth watching. It made me hopeful that just because he was on a winning team was not going to spare him.

Man, I missed the ending, because of a storm knocking out my power. Can someone tell me what happen between Qrystil and Epperson? I really hoped Qyrstil listened to his suggestion, because Ms. Thing cannot design, unless it's for a Gospel singer. I'm not feeling her two toned designs.

I'm so glad Mitchell finally got auf'ed. I think he really did have ADD but in any case he seemed immature and wasn't really serious about what he was doing. I didn't like Ra'mon's winning design but I wasn't really impressed by any of the other ones either.
    Agreed that it was fair that Mitchell went home even though he was not on the losing team. So far I am not impressed by any of these designers either, but it's early in the season yet. Hope they step it up.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Priceless: Tim Gunn in flip flops and a suit. The designs - not so priceless. I agree that the beachwear theme did not translate well and I think because Nina finally found the neoprene she was looking for, Ra'mon walked away with the win.

There was a Tim moment with Ra'mon in the workroom where he gave him quiet encouragement and, in retrospect of course, that was a telling moment. I'll have to go back and watch again...but, after Ra'mon decided to ditch the brown neoprene pantsuit, did he rip it apart and dye all the fabric to yellow, or did he have yellow neoprene as well and dye in the gray splotch. Thinking back, that part is fuzzy to me.

Mitchell really gave the editors a lot to work with this week, didn't he? His portfolio must have been very impressive for him to pass the audition and for the models to originally want to work with him....but, then his work habits, or lack thereof, became glaringly apparent. He survived the last two weeks because they needed (or wanted) to get rid of the conceptual artists first and this year they had two of them. Goodbye Mitchell...back to marketing for you.

My DVR cut off as the preview started...are they doing individual challenges again next week? I hope so.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast