+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I anticipated this show losing impact moving to LA but so far so good. This season is missing some characters, however. Jay, Austin, Santino and Andre made for great viewing in their runs. I suppose it is early still and someone may emerge as entertaining.

I agreed with the winner and loser and I also agree that Mitchell's days are numbered. He is just not up to speed with the others from what we have seen so far.

I was disappointed with this weeks show. Mitchell should have been auf'ed, He seems immature, can't sew and this was the second time he was in the bottom two. Melvins outfit wasn't that good but at least he had a good (if not strange) idea and he went with it and he can sew. I'm hoping they are not keeping people just for the drama or comic relief they can bring to the show for our viewing pleasure!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3681813;
    I was disappointed with this weeks show. Mitchell should have been auf'ed, He seems immature, can't sew and this was the second time he was in the bottom two. Melvins outfit wasn't that good but at least he had a good (if not strange) idea and he went with it and he can sew. I'm hoping they are not keeping people just for the drama or comic relief they can bring to the show for our viewing pleasure!
    Offing Melvin is a clear statement that they are not keeping designers for any other reason than their work. He would have supplied much better viewing than Mitchell. Melvin was odd enough to perk some interest.

Mitchell should have left, Melvin should have stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3681823;
    Offing Melvin is a clear statement that they are not keeping designers for any other reason than their work. He would have supplied much better viewing than Mitchell. Melvin was odd enough to perk some interest.
    I thought that too. He made some comment at the end about America not being ready for his styles or designs or whatever. These judges see clothing from all over the world and seem to love it when a designer comes up with good,unique ideas. His wasn't good. Just like Nina said, it looked like the model had already had the baby and it was in a sling.

old cow

Honestly Im glad Melvin went home. The minute he told Tim he was doing a mother hen concept i just knew he was a dead man walking! And omg "chicken thighs" honestly Melvin, pregnant women aren't poultry barn animals!

Mitchell's design was a bit off but the concept of shorts and a fun shirt was nice and if he had sewn the shorts a little nicer it would have been a cute outfit.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I too am left wondering how long Mitchell will stick around. While Melvin's concept was way out there, Mitchell's was very poorly made. Perhaps if he had spent less time having the other designers crawl into his shorts two at a time, he'd had ended up with a better looking outfit.

My favorite of the night was Irina's blue dress with flowers.

Thought that Qristyl's dress would have looked good on former contestant Laura Bennett who seemed to enjoy being pregnant.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Just looking at the pictures, I also didn't like Louise's or Carols. Carol's seemed to be a lower baby sling version of Melvin's.

old cow

I must say the models looked liked they just shoved beach balls in there dresses. Really dumb. But is it b/c of the Models of the Runway show that they couldnt find actual pregnant women to be the models?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3682008;
    I too am left wondering how long Mitchell will stick around. While Melvin's concept was way out there, Mitchell's was very poorly made. Perhaps if he had spent less time having the other designers crawl into his shorts two at a time, he'd had ended up with a better looking outfit.

My favorite of the night was Irina's blue dress with flowers.

Thought that Qristyl's dress would have looked good on former contestant Laura Bennett who seemed to enjoy being pregnant.
    Exactly! He was fooling around instead of working! He wasn't so far off with his idea, it was just messy.
    I was really surprised how well most of the outfits turned out. They didn't seem so great in the workroom but looked really pretty on the runway. The bad ones were easy to spot this week. When they called the names and the bowling ball bag, chicken costume and messy shorts designers were called you knew that this was the best and bad group. You know I really disliked the bowling bag the most. At least the egg and short outfits could be worn out( if you HAD to) but that dress. It was actually funny! The side view was hysterical and so were the judges commenting on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast