+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 1 Photos - Red Carpet Challenge

Re: Week 1 Photos - Red Carpet Challenge

I don't get Johnny's dress being in the top 3. Irina's should have been, that was a beautiful and well fitted dress. There were a number of other dresses that also could have easily been up there in place of Johnny's.

Space cadet was the right choice to go home, that dress had nothing to do with a red carpet anywhere and her explanation that it was for a red carpet in the future and to win a Nobel Peace prize? Huh? Yeah because that is the sort of dress one would be wearing to things like that, even in the future. Uh. Huh.

They couldn't send Mitchell home because regardless of what Heidi said (that silly comment about no excuses on PR) this was not his fault. It was a PR mess up and their way of making it up to him was by not sending him home.

Christopher's gown makes me think that somebody took a bunch of cocktail napkins and balled them up and stuck them all over the dress. I don't really like it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;3674187;
    Johnny's looks very ill-fitted. It just doesn't look like its hanging right in the photo and I can't see why its in the top 3
    To appreciate Johnny's you have to see the back - it is beautifully constructed. That may or may not change your opinion of where to place it, but flow of the fabric, the plunging back, and asymmetrical mini train make a difference in the overall presentation.

I don't know if this was ever discussed or not, but did the winning design won the chance to be worn by Nicole Kidman? I thought it would since she made that whole video thing, it would seem pretty pointless to have that video if she wasnt gonna wear it...but maybe it wasnt? Anyone know or have any pictures of Nicole in the winning look?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3675874;
    I don't know if this was ever discussed or not, but did the winning design won the chance to be worn by Nicole Kidman?
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I did note that the promise was that the gown would be worn on the red carpet. Not that Nichole Kidman would wear it (though they did everything possible to imply that would be the case) nor that it would be worn to a specific event. In other words they left themselves a lot of leeway as to where the gown would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3675927;
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I did note that the promise was that the gown would be worn on the red carpet. Not that Nichole Kidman would wear it (though they did everything possible to imply that would be the case) nor that it would be worn to a specific event. In other words they left themselves a lot of leeway as to where the gown would show up.
    That would make sense...lol

I liked most of the designs here, and felt that Christopher's is amazing given that he's the one I think who has taken no designing classes and such.

The only two I didn't like were really Mitchell's and Mavin's - Mitchell's because it doesn't look like red carpet it looks like pajamas or leisure wear (any color BTW) and Mavin's just seems to - simple and plain.

Ari's is interesting and would work possibly for a heavy metal awards event; however, it really isn't red carpet on most award shows (though one can say the same for 'Lil Kim's dress with the strapless shoulder down below her breast and she had to wear a pastie on that side to be covered up).

Frankly - if I recall correctly, it's supposed to be a gown; and she made a pair of shorts for her model. I think had she turned the bottom part into a playful skirt, it might've made this design actually work instead of the results that were given. So, if it were based on rules of the challenge, she'd be out for not following the rules, but if anything went, I think that Mitchell or Mavin should've gone home. (BTW - does anyone know which gender Mavin is? - I am guessing female, but am not sure, but Mavin is really, really androgenous IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3675874;
    I don't know if this was ever discussed or not, but did the winning design won the chance to be worn by Nicole Kidman? I thought it would since she made that whole video thing, it would seem pretty pointless to have that video if she wasnt gonna wear it...but maybe it wasnt? Anyone know or have any pictures of Nicole in the winning look?
    I thought Nicole Kidman is supposed to wear the red carpet look from the All-Star challenge episode to the premiere of her new movie "Nine" this October.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3677965;
    I thought Nicole Kidman is supposed to wear the red carpet look from the All-Star challenge episode to the premiere of her new movie "Nine" this October.
    You are correct..It is Daniel's dress that Nicole will wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiect;3677969;
    You are correct..It is Daniel's dress that Nicole will wear.
    Personally, I think that it might be a tad too young for Kidman, though she will do well with the dress.

But - if he won simply because of that dress and how it would look on Kidman, I'm a little disappointed because I think the others overall had better overall shows than Daniel did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12