+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I agree with the models that at this point in the competition the designers are probably going to stick with the models they have right now and not 'model jump' anymore.

I thought the purple dress did not look "bridesmaid" it looked "prom." The green "salad" dress looked bridesmaid.

Why aren't the winning models getting a prize anymore? It seems so unfair that the first winning model and a friend got such a huge, valuable prize, and then in subsequent weeks, nothing!

I'm sorry Valerie had to go (she was one of the best looking, fittest, and most mature of the models), but glad she booked that cool job with Ed Hardy.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3698322;
    yogurt needs to be eaten with garlic in order to "get it down"
    Humph. MIX the two together, add some cucumber and ya got tzadziki.

old cow

"dream team"

That is so retarded! I hate them already.

What i dont understand about Valerie is this: she didnt want to wear Qrystal's dress b/c of the critism about it making her look old but she wears another black dress that still makes her look old.

Still props to Johnny's model (cant remember her name) for wearing that dress. And to be honest, with the black belt that purple catastrophy didnt look that bad.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3698376;
    Why aren't the winning models getting a prize anymore? It seems so unfair that the first winning model and a friend got such a huge, valuable prize, and then in subsequent weeks, nothing!

the winning model gets a spread in marie claire and 25,000 from loreal.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Harvest was talking about the weekly prizes - the first week, the winning model got a prize, like on ANTM. Then, no more.

I wondered about that, too.

Ditto...

I guess they decided that it wasn't in the budget to give these girls prizes...well now that i think about it, maybe they dont want to do it since some of the girls arent really interested in being on Project Runway...obviously the girls arent contractually obligated to stick around, the girl got an Arby's commercial and bolted...which I'm kinda shocked at since I think the girls staying on Project Runway get way much more exposure than being on an Arby's commercial lol Look at Tara from season 2, she didn't even make it to top 5 or whatever and she got to shoot a Maybelline ad/commercial with Adrianna Lima. Even Valerie from this season booked a job while on the show itself lol but I guess since the girls are flight risks, giving them expensive gifts just wasn't worth it?

I also thought it was odd to give such an extravagant prize the first week and then nothing. I thought this episode was really good, cast a lot of light on the discussion of individual designers, the Kogii's (sp?) fmily visiting...kinda weird, though, I thought she said that was her husband but there was, like, no interaction between them? Maybe it was her mom's husband? Anyway, glad that Valerie booked a gig, I really like her. I think moreso than any other show I've seen of PR, Althea's model did have a LOT to do with her winning. I didn't really like the outfit but that model very much did rock it.

old cow

I wanna see b*tchy Fatma come back! IMO she is the show!

BAZING!!!!!

Next week, all the designers are FORCED to change models!!! Well...technically...next week they will be with the same designers, but then when they have to choose for next-next week, they will have to change!

+ Reply to Thread