+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Kao

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3690906;
    I thought everyone in the model greenroom upset that Michell was going was a bit ... contrived/fake/etc. He was one that everyone avoided eye contact with last week, yet he was praised on his way out. Ugh.
    I thought the remark "Oh no, he was SUCH a good designer" that one of the models made was understated sarcasm.

I really don't want to like Fatma, she bugs the daylights out of me. However, I do think that in her own mind she was being sincere in that apology. It probably just occurred to her that she was making herself look bad and is trying to repair the damage. Plus, she's one of the few who actually amuses me out of the bunch.

But I still don't want to like her, lol.

It seemed odd the way the models were all "Awwwww....." over Mitchell when the week before they clearly couldn't stand him. I wonder what was up with that? And Fatma running over to hug him when she made it clear she didn't like him? Don't get it, funny editing at work again more than likely.

Looks like next show Heidi actually starts mentoring more, probably because there are less of them and the time constraints didn't allow her to do it before.

old cow

Well i gotta admit, you guys were right. I watched this show for the 1st time this week and i LOVED it! Loved the inside scoop about the designers and it was fun to get the models opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3691172;
    I really don't want to like Fatma, she bugs the daylights out of me. However, I do think that in her own mind she was being sincere in that apology. It probably just occurred to her that she was making herself look bad and is trying to repair the damage. Plus, she's one of the few who actually amuses me out of the bunch.
    Yea im kinda on the fence about Fatma. I do thing she was sincere about her apology too and yea she's has a "strong personality" but as one of the models said, its her strong point and her downfall.

Sad to see Erika go. Well a little i guess, i was more upset to see that other girl upset. Sorry i cant remember the model's name that is friends with Erika.

Erika did the right thing. These guys are commercial models (since they're in LA), and when you book a commercial, that's pretty big. I saw those Arby commercials though, and they're kinda funny.

I really like Fatma's look. And I do appreciate her presence, since she creates the drama. But if I was around her, I probably would have been annoyed by her also. It was pretty hypocritical for her to rag on Mitchell at one moment then go and feel sorry for him the next.

But with Vanessa, she took the, "I want to punch her in the face," comment way too seriously. I can understand her being mad for a while, but to "never be friends with her again"? That's a little too harsh. Even though it was mean, it was just one comment.

I loved the storyline between Matar and Erica. With the editing, I knew one of them would go. I was thinking it would be Matar, so I was shocked when it was Erica. I felt really bad for the both of them. But Matar is my favorite now, so go Matar!

And I love how Heidi is getting to know these girls a little bit better. It annoyed me a little bit that, during Valerie's elimination, she said, "I'm sorry, but you're out." She didn't address Valerie by her name when she auf'ed her. I know, it's a really weird thing to get annoyed by, but it did.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Kao

Plus a commercial means a SAG card AND residual payments each time the commercial is aired. Considering how it was a national commercial airing in several different markets , that can add up to a lot of moola.

So, out of having a job in hand that will continue to payout long after the initial work is done vs being in a contest that she might or might not win, I believe this worked out in her favor.

Emarie is so sweet, I thought it was so noble of her to wear the dress regardless of what the judges said, I totally agree that it was too bridesmaid-y but it was pretty dress nontheless...lol

And yay for Valerie, she booked a job at the casting party! So her getting eliminated the first time and coming back and getting voted off again wasnt a total lost!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3698030;
    Emarie is so sweet, I thought it was so noble of her to wear the dress regardless of what the judges said, I totally agree that it was too bridesmaid-y but it was pretty dress nontheless...lol

And yay for Valerie, she booked a job at the casting party! So her getting eliminated the first time and coming back and getting voted off again wasnt a total lost!

Happy for Valerie.. she made her own opportunity.. after all, getting work is why they are on PR.

Kao

It cracked me up when Christian was talking about hiring some models to the "Dream Team" triplets, and then he said "Hey, can you tell that girl over there to come here?" and pointed to Valerie. I'm glad she got something out of coming back.

Speaking of Valerie, I distinctly heard her tell Quisty that she wanted something earth toned or bronze and NOT black to complement her skin and she got everything she DIDN'T want. So I thought it was kinda noble that she tried to support Quisty by telling the judges that she really liked it, and it was super snide and tacky when the judge remarked "and that's why Valerie isn't a designer." What was she supposed to say "Eww, I hate it and I can't wait to take this rag off?"

I hope the blissfully bitchy Nina and "Slutty Slutty Slutty" Kors come back soon. I miss them!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3698246;
    it was super snide and tacky when the judge remarked "and that's why Valerie isn't a designer."
    I thought that was absurdly rude.

I was so happy Valerie got a job out of the power party. And I'm happy she decided to wear that gorgeous pant suit rather than Qristyl's dress. It is probably why she got the job...she was the only one in a pant suit so she stood out, which was the whole point of the party. I was sad to see her aufed as she seemed to be the house mother. I really liked her attitude from what I saw.

Compare Epperson's meltdown when talking to his family on the show with Irina(?) visiting with hers. He was still teary back at the work table and she shut the door and said the equivalent of "next!" I know she is used to being away on jobs, while he has never been away, but I found that the edited in the contrast with the two people and it seemed to weave the two shows together in a way.

Thank goodness the drama (other than the self named Dream Team) was at minimum display this week. Other than learning that yogurt needs to be eaten with garlic in order to "get it down" I don't think I learned anything new...oh, Heidi made a short "TV" appearance in their quarters. sigh.

+ Reply to Thread