+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I feel like we should get to know everyone's names, so here's a really simple banner I practically copied and pasted from the OS:

(MFWalkoff, if you want to, you can edit the first post of this thread with the banner, just in case people would want to refer to it)

And here's who's with who, as of week 3:

Yosuzi - AUF'd week 1
    Kojii - Logan (stole from Carol Hannah, after Fatma was taken from him)
    Vanessa - Ra'mon
    Emarie - Johnny
    Matar - Qristyl (Erika was taken from her)
    Ebony - Shirin (stole from Nicolas)
    Katie - Christopher
    Valerie - AUF'd week 2
    Erika - Carol Hannah (stole from Qristyl, after Kojii was taken from her)
    Lisa - Louise
    Tara - Gordana
    Fatma - Mitchell (stole from Logan )
    Erica - Epperson
    Celine - Nicolas (Shirin stole Ebony from him, after he stole Ebony last week)
    Kalyn - Irina (stole from Mitchell)
    Tanisha - Althea
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I finally caught an episode of this show, and I have to say that I don't see enough material here to make a show. The designers choosing their models is the only thing worth watching. The rest of it was boring and not particularly enlightening about the models behind the scenes. Just some vacuous girls acting catty.

I like this show ... I like how they do the PR model selection here, freeing up time on PR, and how they are relating to each other in the model house. Also that there doesn't seem to be as much drama as in other model shows. I'm hoping they continue this for the rest of the seasons.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3686116;
    After the first couple of seasons of ANTM I had to turn off the sounds to watch it at times.

I actually liked this one the first time I watched it. It bills itself as being show about models (not modeling), so it seems more honest. I'll give it another try.
    Thanxs guys! It sounds like its a show to check out and it only lasts 30 mins., right? So yea maybe i will watch it. Now if i can just stay awake that long...

Kao

After seeing Fatma's discussion with Vanessa, I'm beginning to see who the "problem" is here...

So glad that Erica got the gig she wanted, and so glad Valerie got another chance! She resembles the actress Lynn Whitfield A LOT--I wonder if they are related?

Vanessa (Julia Roberts) really does have thin skin in that she couldn't accept Fatma's apology. I understand it is hard to be around an "in your face" personality, but she's going to have to deal since Matar's BFF Erica didn't make the cut and even though Fatma was appended to the losing designer, Qristal chose her over Erica.

We now know that Carol Hannah is known as a model switcher and that is why Erica was ultimately sent home.

I'm glad Erika got the national commercial even at the expense of this show, and she is not the only one auditioning for commercials...Fatma and Katie (?) shared a ride to commercial auditions. That is the life of an LA model apparently...the prize isn't the runway, but film of one sort or another. And because Erika left, Valerie got to become house mother (cleaning version) once again.

I'm liking this backstage look at PR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3690081;
    Vanessa (Julia Roberts) really does have thin skin in that she couldn't accept Fatma's apology. I understand it is hard to be around an "in your face" personality, but she's going to have to deal since Matar's BFF Erica didn't make the cut and even though Fatma was appended to the losing designer, Qristal chose her over Erica.

We now know that Carol Hannah is known as a model switcher and that is why Erica was ultimately sent home.

I'm glad Erika got the national commercial even at the expense of this show, and she is not the only one auditioning for commercials...Fatma and Katie (?) shared a ride to commercial auditions. That is the life of an LA model apparently...the prize isn't the runway, but film of one sort or another. And because Erika left, Valerie got to become house mother (cleaning version) once again.

Me, too, arielflies. I hadn't planned to watch, but then noticed it was only 30 minutes. I think if it were an hourlong show, I'd get bored quickly, but so far I like looking "backstage."
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3686956;
    I finally caught an episode of this show, and I have to say that I don't see enough material here to make a show. The designers choosing their models is the only thing worth watching. The rest of it was boring and not particularly enlightening about the models behind the scenes. Just some vacuous girls acting catty.
    I agree with everything here, except I still like the show! There is definately NOT enough going on to make an hour-long show, or even a show by itself (i.e. not an extension of PR).

But I like it like I like a small bite of chocolate after dinner. A small but harmless treat that you can enjoy without worry or guilt.

PR needed to do a little something to shake it up; this is it (along with the all-stars challenge). Plus, they are advertising for a model casting-call competition so maybe this is just a step to a bigger program that they have in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3690081;

I was surprised at how she handled it. Even if she really didn't believe it was sincere, she could have said "For the peace of the house and in order to be professional, I accept." Or even better, a simple "I appreciate the gesture."

I missed the second ep. Was she always that emotional? Vanessa, I mean.

I thought everyone in the model greenroom upset that Michell was going was a bit ... contrived/fake/etc. He was one that everyone avoided eye contact with last week, yet he was praised on his way out. Ugh.

I hate that Fatma was chosen over the other two. Her actions last week should have been her pink slip. And Logan not choosing her ... thank goodness. I liked the one that went home.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread