+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I'm guessing what may have upset the models the most was that Mitchell tried to blame his model for his troubles on the runway, during judging. It probably doesn't sit well with the models if their reputation is called into question in front of Michael and Nina, and whoever else is judging that may potentially hire them in the future.

Then he blatantly called out his model as the biggest reason for his failure when the designers chose models again. He went overboard trying to shift the blame for his own inability to cope with hurdles that all the designers face every week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3682332;
    I'm guessing what may have upset the models the most was that Mitchell tried to blame his model for his troubles on the runway, during judging. It probably doesn't sit well with the models if their reputation is called into question in front of Michael and Nina, and whoever else is judging that may potentially hire them in the future.

Then he blatantly called out his model as the biggest reason for his failure when the designers chose models again. He went overboard trying to shift the blame for his own inability to cope with hurdles that all the designers face every week.
    I think he was justified. His model card told him her measurements and they were off by between 5 and 6 inches. If I were in danger of being eliminated I would certainly have spoken up about this discrepency. He had to totally remake the dress in minutes because the information was false! Heidi didn't make much sense, explaining that models lie about their statistics. How on earth do designers cope wtih that when their dress is a size 2 and a 4 shows up to wear it?

He spent hours on smocking in making a dress for a much smaller woman! I would have sung like a canary. I think Fatma was pissed because she didn't want to hook up with a loser who had been in the bottom two twice, nothing to do with his model. The girls probably knew damn well she lied about her size and were not holding him responsible for that. They must run into this all the time; Heidi confirmed that in her statement.

I'm not a designer/tailor, so I'm not familiar with smocking technique, but it is definitely the first time I've heard it mentioned by a designer on PR in 6 seasons. If smocking takes hours, and makes it impossible to leave seam allowances at the fitting stage, maybe that's why other designers don't attempt it during time-sensitive challenges.

Not to mention, the way he threw the term around so often, it seemed like he was trying to sound impressive even while he was flailing. I wondered if it was telling that Christopher had never even heard of the term, but won the challenge anyway.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3682412;
    I think he was justified. His model card told him her measurements and they were off by between 5 and 6 inches. If I were in danger of being eliminated I would certainly have spoken up about this discrepency. He had to totally remake the dress in minutes because the information was false! Heidi didn't make much sense, explaining that models lie about their statistics. How on earth do designers cope wtih that when their dress is a size 2 and a 4 shows up to wear it?
    He was completely justfied last week. However, he didn't seem very happy with the model he had this week either. I'm willing to bet odds that if he survives next week he will want to switch models again as well.

In her defense, it could have been the agency fudging the numbers a bit so she could get the job, which is a stupid thing to do on a show like this when the models are required for fittings. On runway shows it's quite different as the models just show up for the show and the stage managers make it work. She could have gained weight and not let her agency know, but if she works frequently one of her clients would have complained about it for now. Besides, models are more apt to lie about height more than anything.

MFWalkoff: Smocking (if done right) actually ALLOWS for stretching, so I was very confused myself. However, there's more than one way to smock, and it also depends on the materials used. Either way, 5-6 inches is a LOT depending on where those 5-6 inches were distributed. Mitchell didn't say and neither did the model.
    Last edited by Kao; 08-28-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Mitchell is a no-talent whiner. None of the models were meeting his eye, not even after his lame little joke. I agree that the 2 surviving of the bottom 3 should choose last. He did put the blame on his bottom 2 appearances on the models, so he chose yet another model. You know, at what point in time do you realize that it's not the models?

Fatima showed a lack of character by her behavior, she should realize that she did survive for another round, and if she's really good then other designers will choose her.
    She was more upset that she was swept away from her crush.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I thought Fatma's reaction was mean but hilarious at the same time. It definitely was not a classy move, since she's going to have to work with him for the next challenge. Even though he's a weak designer, he still has feelings. It made me feel bad for him, actually. But I still laughed when I saw her throw her claws up in the air.

And then I also laughed when she was talking to Kojii about how Logan thought of her skin color when picking out his fabrics. Fatma was so delusional to think that Logan was actually thinking about her personally when he did that. Uh, Fatma, he was thinking about what would look good on you, since you're the model.

Fatma is a drama queen, and I don't really like her, but I can't help but appreciate her presence. She keeps stuff interesting.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

old cow

So is this show worth watching really? I can tell from you guys posts that you like it but b/c i dont like America's Next Top Model so i didnt think i would like this show. BUT i do like the designers on P.R. so do the models give alot of juicy gossip about the designers or is it just them bragging how skinny they are

I like it, but I don't watch ANTM, although I do watch MMAS. You get gossip about which designers they like and dislike, and they also have a sit-down chat with Heidi on the runway to start off each episode (it gets taped after the most recent designer has gotten the auf, so they don't know which model is leaving yet). They also use the model selection of the next episode as the finale of each Models ep. So there's a structure to it, and some tension, and it ties into the regular show nicely. There is some cattiness too, but hey, they are models.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3685773;
    So is this show worth watching really? I can tell from you guys posts that you like it but b/c i dont like America's Next Top Model so i didnt think i would like this show. BUT i do like the designers on P.R. so do the models give alot of juicy gossip about the designers or is it just them bragging how skinny they are
    I have just seen the models' show once, but both my daughter and I found it a fascinating addition to PR as the models have always been so mum in the past in how PR is edited. Their perspective adds a whole new dimension to watching PR. It is so much about relationships...and the sewing and style of course.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3685773;
    After the first couple of seasons of ANTM I had to turn off the sounds to watch it at times.

I actually liked this one the first time I watched it. It bills itself as being show about models (not modeling), so it seems more honest. I'll give it another try.

+ Reply to Thread