+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I enjoyed it, too, esp. seeing the designers pick for the next challenge and seeing a little of the interaction between models and designers. I guess what I don't like about it is that there's nothing really the models can control, other than hoping another designer likes their look if they wind up in the losing design. (Although I did have an unbidden image of a certain hostess of a certain modeling show, saying, "I could've rocked Ari's dress, that sucker would be selling worldwide right now!)

I like this show, I think it's interesting seeing the going on behind the scenes like this. I really enjoyed Petra's show "A Model's Life" and I hope this is sort of like that. If it disintegrates to the drama mess that is ANTM? Then I won't be happy.

Right now I like it.

I do feel that the model was messed over by Mitchell. That wasn't cool of him, however, she didn't really help her case with her attitude either.

I think the red haired model that was paired with the space cadet is going to get annoying very quickly.

I feel like I've seen Tara Egan somewhere before; or it could be that she reminds me of Caroline Trentini (a fairly popular model).

FORT Fogey

Well, I guess that I'm the lone dissenter here. I thought it was a half hour spent with semi-annoying women where nothing interesting ever happened. And there's no way to get away from the fact that these girls serve at the pleasure of the designer and there's nothing they can do to change that. They are completely passive in this process. I don't get it. What's to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3676473;
    I feel like I've seen Tara Egan somewhere before; or it could be that she reminds me of Caroline Trentini (a fairly popular model).
    She does look familiar. I know she's with Elite Model Management Barcelona and I think Why Not Milan. Her face looks a bit longer than Caroline Trentini, but I do see a slight similarity.

FORT Newbie

I really didn't like mitchel's model's attitude and normally i tend to side with women over men in the argument. He had to scrap his whole dress, which i thought was pretty good. There is no way he would have scrapped it if there was anyway to save it, especially cause all he had was nylon material left, which means to me that the numbers were way off. I would have been really frustrated and angry too.

Quote Originally Posted by little_one;3677718;
    I really didn't like mitchel's model's attitude and normally i tend to side with women over men in the argument. He had to scrap his whole dress, which i thought was pretty good. There is no way he would have scrapped it if there was anyway to save it, especially cause all he had was nylon material left, which means to me that the numbers were way off. I would have been really frustrated and angry too.
    I liked the idea of another poster to take out the side seams and add the nylon material. If he didn't have time to make it form-fitting he could have gone to the accessories wall and gotten a belt. Probably would not have looked great, but better than the nightgown caftan he sent down.

Mind you, I didn't like his model's attitude either. I would have been fine with both of them going.

Love that they've finally given us a show about the models ... it's the models that can make or break a designer. All they have to do is show their true feelings when a dress is not up to par and the designer is sunk. All of these seemed to try to make their outfits shine, so the designer dissing the model on tv was out of line, in my opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3679974;
    Love that they've finally given us a show about the models ... it's the models that can make or break a designer. All they have to do is show their true feelings when a dress is not up to par and the designer is sunk. All of these seemed to try to make their outfits shine, so the designer dissing the model on tv was out of line, in my opinion.

You are absolutely right, I think it was on a season of PR (could be mistaken for another show lol) that the model was asked what she thought of the dress and she said it was horrible and not something she'd ever wear and the designer went home.

I've also seen the way the model just wouldn't like the outfit or the designer and would show it on her face, in her walk, and while standing next to the designer for the judging and the designer would either go home or come real close.

AND on the flip side, I've seen a model sell the heck out of an awful outfit while she walked and the designer would escape elimination.

The models can make or break a mediocre design and take a good design straight into the incredible all with her walk and attitude so a savy designer would be aware of this and make sure she/he has a good relationship with the models so they work their behinds off for them on that runway.

Remember Christian S? He was aware of that and made sure his models were prepped down to the walk he wanted them to do. Of course some would argue he was just micromanaging everything lol.

I love this show. It completely changes my perspective of the designers to hear the models' side. Last week I felt bad for Mitchell, but after seeing his interaction with his model, I really felt for her. This week Melvin was bugging me, but seeing him interact with his model made me really like him. It also makes me really sad when the designers switch models.

Oh no! Fatma is parted from her beloved Logan!

+ Reply to Thread