+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3673045;
    I too am glad that they are doing a show on the models. My only concerns is that it needs to air after Project Runway and not before. That way we won't know which designer was eleminated before the show.

On last night's show, while the designers were picking models, I didn't see the chick who was eliminated, therefore when the premier of Project Runway came on, my sister and I said, Ari or whatever her name is was eliminated.

Just a thought.
    It WAS on after Project Runway last night. They did a showing of the Allstar Challenge, then PR, and then the Models of the Runway showing, then another showing of PR.
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralRaven;3673064;
    It WAS on after Project Runway last night. They did a showing of the Allstar Challenge, then PR, and then the Models of the Runway showing, then another showing of PR.
    Not in Dallas it was The All Star, Model, then Project Runway. Anway, good show.

Kao

6 inches is a hella lot for a model card to be off. Either the model gained some weight (and didn't want to fess up to her agency) or her agency deliberately fuzzed up the numbers to get her that job. Either way, it was very unfair for both the designer AND the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3673374;
    6 inches is a hella lot for a model card to be off. Either the model gained some weight (and didn't want to fess up to her agency) or her agency deliberately fuzzed up the numbers to get her that job. Either way, it was very unfair for both the designer AND the model.
    I don't remember her denying the numbers were off. At least directly. But I didn't like the designer's attitude, either. If Fish would not have answered so spacey, she might have stayed. Of course I have no idea what she was thinking with those shorts. They didn't even go with the space-age type theme. She could have done a tight skinny pant or skirt and said MTV awards or even Nickelodeon and said she was going for young and fun and out there experimenting type of celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3673374;
    I agree, but Mitchell's attitude to blame the model instead of the circumstances, was not nice.

However, if she was really a good model, then someone else would've picked her up. Obviously they felt Erika was a better model than Y.... whatever.

And her attitude wasn't a whole lot better, either.

FORT Fan

"I totally feel my designer badmouthed me. He had to make up a very good excuse to make himself look good."

That's what she said.

And then she went on to badmouth Mitchell some more, and tried to win over the other models.

Seriously, she has no right to judge. Her card was off with 6 inches, and that's a considerable difference. They're tailor-made designs, not one size fits all.

Mitchell didn't make up any excuses, he had a legitimate complaint against his model.

However, if she was really a good model, then someone else would've picked her up. Obviously they felt Erika was a better model than Y.... whatever.
    I think I read somewhere that models were assigned to the designers for the first show.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes. Tim said when the designers first entered the workroom that the models would be assigned for the first challenge.

I held my breath during the ball draw choosing thinking there would be a MF Walkoff during the first show. Whew and shucks! I bet, though, that there will be one before the competition is over.

I don't watch model shows but I enjoyed this one because it connected directly to the designers. I'm very glad production decided to do this as it compliments PR wonderfully.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm very glad production decided to do this as it compliments PR wonderfully.
    You know for all the worries, nail biting, groans, et al.... That Lifetime (the woman's network) and the production team that does "Real World" were taking of PR (not to mention all the celebrity judges), it's really turned out very nicely and possibly for the better.

The runway drapery isn't as dark, the model show is a great idea & complement (please, please don't turn into the ANTM house), the designers seems extremely talented this year, Lindsay did a very good job in critiquing, and Lifetime's website is 1000x times better than Bravo's.

FORT Fogey

I love this - it really was so much better to see some behind the scenes of the models.

+ Reply to Thread