+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I just really looked at him after I heard about the "Logan Fanclub"....he is rather cutee!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I am glad that they finally decided to do a show about the models. This was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3672569;
    I am glad that they finally decided to do a show about the models. This was interesting.
    YEAH, it was!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3672569;
    Yep! Long overdue and very nicely done!

I enjoyed this, very much. I was really looking forward to this spin-off after first reading that Lifetime would also being doing a show for the models. I've always thought that the models should get their fair due of airtime since they're also part of the competition, and now they've finally gotten it!

Now let's see if the hairstylists can get some airtime. Or is that pushing it? I mean, hey, they're a part, albeit minor, of the competition also.

Too bad this show couldn't come around for S1 and S2. I would have liked to have seen more of Morganza, especially with the other models. And who could forget the (in)famous Zulema walk-off? Rachael's reaction backstage would have been interesting to watch.

ETA: I forgot to say that I'm glad that all of the designers get to pick their models like in the earlier seasons. Unlike the more recent seasons, where only the winner got to choose. I thought that was totally unfair to the models attached to the losing dress. They had no chance of surviving.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 08-21-2009 at 02:42 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3672823;
    Too bad this show couldn't come around for S1 and S2. I would have liked to have seen more of Morganza, especially with the other models. And who could forget the (in)famous Zulema walk-off? Rachael's reaction backstage would have been interesting to watch.
    I know, that would have been great!

It's funny, in seasons 1-3, I feel like we actually got to know something about the models, because they were included in the editing more. But I can barely remember the name of any of the models from season 4 or 5, and I think that's one reason why S4 and S5 aren't quite as good for me. Now, we get to see the whole story again, and more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really wasn't fond of S4 or S5 either. And like you said, the models totally got the shaft during those seasons, which could have been a contributing factor to how average those seasons were.

Sadly, I can't even think of the model winners of this show. I know Julia won S1, and Grace S2. But the rest, I'm drawing up a blank. I know that Leanne won with Suede's girl... was it Tia?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm glad they have a show protraying the models. They deserve some recognition too. And it's fun to see what happened behind the scenes of PR.

I too am glad that they are doing a show on the models. My only concerns is that it needs to air after Project Runway and not before. That way we won't know which designer was eleminated before the show.

On last night's show, while the designers were picking models, I didn't see the chick who was eliminated, therefore when the premier of Project Runway came on, my sister and I said, Ari or whatever her name is was eliminated.

Just a thought.

FORT Fogey

It was funny that since the model's were from LA agencies that the castings available were very commercial (one was up for an Arby's). But they have better models this season than the previous ones.

+ Reply to Thread