+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Models of the Runway - season 1

FORT Fan

Re: Models of the Runway - season 1

I think I lost interest in this spin off... it seems to go nowhere. The girls are just there, and really have no control over their fates. They are picked by the designers, who really aren't looking at the way the girls walk or present themselves.

The show, as is, lacks depth and importance. The girls are just there. They're standing around doing nothing, and when it's time to get picked, they just line up on that runway like sheep to the slaughter.

It's difficult to get attached to any one of them, because they're not being judged on skill.

That being said, I really hated that runway coach.

A teacher should always be clear towards his pupils. If you don't give them proper instructions, pupils won't be able to perform.

As a teacher it becomes clear that this man has had no training whatsoever. He isn't interested in being a coach, he's all about having his own ego and authority stroked.

- Not knowing their names. I get that he doesn't know them by name... no big deal, but this guy didn't even show an effort. He didn't even ask them their names, and just used an excuse to give them all the same name. It couldn't have been more impersonal. Even give them numbers would be a sign of being more involved than calling them pumpkin. By calling all of them pumpkin he's just stating for the world that he doesn't even see them as individuals. Also, an affectionate term is only meaningful if you use it appropiately. If you call everybody pumpkin, and you say the word ten times in ten minutes, then pumpkin becomes just another very impolite "hey you". that's the nature of language.

- Not explaining when someone flat out states that she doesn't know what to do. Poor girl, she said she didn't know what a half turn was, how did her teacher respond... "do it anyway!".
    That's not helpful. You have two options after you encounter a question such as hers. You either explain what a half turn is, give an example yourself, or you have one of the other girls give an example.
    This guy seemed intent on proving his authority by putting her on the spot, being catty, and telling her to just do it... only to give a snide comment after she complied: "Wrong".
    That's the type of teacher who thinks his authority is his heavenly mandate. He's wrong, he's overcompensating, he's not being helpful. One of the things he's there to do is give his pupils the confidence to be comfortable exploring and trying out the techniques. A teacher has to create a safe environment for his pupils in order to let the student grow freely. This guy was just being a little dictator, and insisted on creating a hostile environment.

20 years of experience... if all his classes are like this, those 20 years are wasted.
    This is not a signature.

just dropping in to say, i'm glad vanessa's gone. carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3717411;
    Ebony and that dang Tanisha! UGH gotta go ladies! Vanessa was pretty and such, i just didnt care for her personality.

Oh who im kidding, im stil mad Fatma is gone I MISS HER! Im taking my anger out on the other models
    I can kind of understand why designers love Tanisha,she'sthe best walker there.(Im not a fan of her looks though,she's too commercial for me.)

I like Fatma as well.She has a great body,I can't understand what designers(oh well,maybe Shirin is the only one who likes her lol) see in Ebony,eliminating two of the better girls in a row is just.

If I were that "runway coach", I'd watch out for actual pumpkin pies. I'd be sure to drop them on his head or pay high school jocks some gas money to bean him with a few hundred. One dollar for each score. That'd do it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Shyeahh... Waste a bunch of time having everyone do something completely wrong - instead of starting off with "here's how you do a half turn, let me see you do it" and then taking time to help correct them once they know what to do and actually try.

Jerk. Jerk. Jerk.

The filler this week was pretty good! The scenes with them hanging out with the divorcees was kind of sweet.

Celine passing gas on the runway was TMI, though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

old cow

I think it was unfair to send one of the models home yesterday. They had nothing to do with this challenge except showing the divorcees how to walk and someone still had to go!

OMG it was sooooooo sad when Tara left! Ive always liked her and i thought her and Gordana had a good relationship but the way she got the shaft b/c of simple miscommunication....oh that was sad. And seeing Gordana and her crying i got tearied eyed as well.

Poor girl but honestly Althea could have saved Tara if she wanted. Since Gordana was the first to choose Althea knew Tara's butt was on the line so i dont buy her sorry excuse about not understanding Gordana.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3722824;
    I think it was unfair to send one of the models home yesterday. They had nothing to do with this challenge except showing the divorcees how to walk and someone still had to go!

OMG it was sooooooo sad when Tara left! Ive always liked her and i thought her and Gordana had a good relationship but the way she got the shaft b/c of simple miscommunication....oh that was sad. And seeing Gordana and her crying i got tearied eyed as well.

Poor girl but honestly Althea could have saved Tara if she wanted. Since Gordana was the first to choose Althea knew Tara's butt was on the line so i dont buy her sorry excuse about not understanding Gordana.
    I think both Gordana and Althea's noses grew a bit. Something didn't add up, for me, and probably not for Tara, as well.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3723552;
    I think both Gordana and Althea's noses grew a bit. Something didn't add up, for me, and probably not for Tara, as well.
    I may be biased because i like Gordana so much but i totally blame Tara leaving on Althea. Gordana just seemed way too upset and broken up about it to not have Tara's best interests in mind.

Eh its life though and sometimes dumb S**T happens. But she's a stunning beautiful girl; her modeling days are far from over

FORT Fogey

I've never enjoyed Koji's look, nor Fatima, so wish Koji would go. I love Matar, and agree about Tanisha's walk. I also like Katie, though even her face is thin and pointy, she seems to show off Christopher's looks really well.

+ Reply to Thread