+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 8/20 Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/20 Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mitchel''s caftan was not a good idea...but at least someone's design was uglier. However, I was surprised that he didn't do something with opening the seams of the dress and putting in a see through panel along the sides. That might was been bretter received than the whole thing being see through

I do have go negative on Heidi's comment that there are no excuses in PR. She blithely dismissed the problem with the model's measurements by saying that models do it all the time. I would think that somebody during the PR "go-see" made an error in recording the measurements. I would think that the measurements--which are so important-- would be checked and not just the prepared picture/statistic card relied upon.

A real designer using a model for his show would not be so casual about the model not fitting into the dress....and if this happened to a number of designers, don't you think it would be reported back to the agency and the card would be revised?? Sorry Heidi, you may know modeling, but I have trouble believing this
    Last edited by ibot2much; 08-23-2009 at 11:36 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3675510;
    I do have go negative on Heidi's comment that there are no excuses in PR. She blithely dismissed the problem with the model's measurements by saying that models do it all the time. I would think that somebody during the PR "go-see" made an error in recording the measurements. I would think that the measurements--which are so important-- would be checked and not just the prepared picture/statistic card relied upon.
    I've been thinking along the same lines. If indeed the designers were given measurements supplied by the model, then the PR producers were at fault for not taking actual measurements. Laying the blame on the model is just scapegoating. I wouldn't blame Heidi directly; I think they just took her comment and placed it in the show so it would "explain" the snafu. But what an utter lack of professionalism on the part of the producers if this was the reason for the incorrect stats!

However, I think that was just a massive redirection. It is inconceivable to me that a show like PR would rely on model-supplied measurements. I think the show actually did take each model's measurements. That means the error was really one of the following:
    • The measurements were incorrectly taken.
    • An assistant transcribed the numbers incorrectly.
    • Mitchell misread the numbers.
    • Mitchell botched his pattern or his construction, and blamed it on "bad measurements".

To me, any of the explanations on that list are far more likely than believing that Project Runway does not measure models and just asks the models for their measurements.

I enjoyed the premiere, up until the Top3 was revealed. I would have gone with a different set of designers to compile the top, as I wasn't overly impressed with any of their designs when I saw them walk the runway.

I liked Ari and was disappointed she got the boot. I kind of liked her quirkiness, both in personality and design.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Did anybody else have a WTH? moment when Qristyl Frazier said she designed her dress with somebody hip and young like Miley Cyrus or Lyndsey Lohan to wear? Seriously? That dress was horrible. And I automatically don't like her for the spelling of her name.

I FF'd through the former addict break down, awkward. Why put somebody that unstable on a competition anyways? For the potential drama? I'd rather they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3672417;
    That model Fatima (?) walks like she's got an electrified broomstick up her rear end, or something.
    Wasn't she on ANTM?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3672465;
    Totally happy with Christoper winning! His and Ra'mon's were honestly the best two up there!
    I totally agree. Ra'mon's dress is awesome and Christopher looks like a cutie.
    And Ari was a freak - I was sooo glad to see her go. Surprisingly, LiLo hit the nail on the head when she made her comment about not being so outside the box that you can't sell it.
    Last edited by jmb; 08-24-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3676474;
    Did anybody else have a WTH? moment when Qristyl Frazier said she designed her dress with somebody hip and young like Miley Cyrus or Lyndsey Lohan to wear? Seriously? That dress was horrible. And I automatically don't like her for the spelling of her name.
    I'm trying not to hold the ridiculous spelling of her name against her. The y is annoying enough, but any time someone tries to use a Q in place of a K or C it just drives me batty - they are not interchangeable letters!!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3675611;
    That means the error was really one of the following:
    • The measurements were incorrectly taken.
    • An assistant transcribed the numbers incorrectly.
    • Mitchell misread the numbers.
    • Mitchell botched his pattern or his construction, and blamed it on "bad measurements".

To me, any of the explanations on that list are far more likely than believing that Project Runway does not measure models and just asks the models for their measurements.
    I'll add to the list: The model's measurements were PURPOSEFULLY fubar'd in an attempt to create drama.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3676537;
    Wasn't she on ANTM?
    No. Fatima is a very common name, and the two girls look nothing alike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456