+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/20 Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm so happy this show is back on the air. Ari deserved to go home. Her outfit top looked like a bedspread. That guy who sent the naked model down the runway won't last long and if the ex-drug addict doesn't pull himself together he will be gone soon too. There are too many designer right now so I can't remember them or their names yet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3672845;
    Ari didn't care what the challege was all about. She just didn't get it. When she was first introduced, i knew she will be the one in trouble.
    I know! Her design aesthetic was more apt for Columbia outerwear. She showed a reversible camping jacket she made for a friend pre-show and talked about garments that could serve as tents.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3672465;
    Totally happy with Christoper winning! His and Ra'mon's were honestly the best two up there!
    I can't stand stylised names! Why can't it just be Ramon or Michael (Mychael Knight?)?

FORT Fan

whoah!

the first episode is chockfull of people who look near identical to the contestants on The Fashion Show

It's back and I'm loving it!

Johnny annoyed me with his breakdown during the first stressful hours...but...then...Superman in the guise of Tim Gunn appeared and saved his day - hooray! I am glad he pulled himself together because he put together a worthy outfit. Johnny said during the boys greeting each other that he had tried out for the show two previous seasons but didn't make it because of his meth addiction. The fact that they allowed him to audition two, much less three times, shows that TPTB think he has the talent to succeed and would be interesting on the show. He may go some distance as his design was good.

Ari reminds me of the conceptual artist who was on the first season of DesignStar. She is the one who searched the NY sidewalk for junk but ended up painting a huge cubist type nude mural on the dining room wall. She left first episode also. Lesson learned...conceptual artists are great, but not made for design shows.

Because of Ari, Mitchell (the one who mentioned more than once that he was a design school graduate) got a bye for his Cleopatra costume. He didn't make it work - duh! Why not gather and blousen the waist to add some definition? Anyway, he is coming off as something of a punk first episode and we'll see how that develops.

I really liked the winning design - the contrast of materials and the asymmetrical line - at least it wasn't a shiny satin. Darn, I like blue...maybe that is why I liked Cloe's and Leanne's collections so much...but I also like the tri-deep ruffle top on what would have been an ordinary cocktail type dress that Gordana designed. Qristal's dress was schizophrenic, if not bi-polar. She says she designs for the "plus" size woman, but this dress would have accentuated fat rolls rather than diminishing them. Let's see what else she can come up with.

Nina is now the creative director for Marie Claire and where she goes the sponsorship money follows. I think that she, this season more than any other, will be looking for hip, young design to fit her magazine's demographic. After all, the winning designer will be featured there this year. Lindsey Lohan was an all right choice for this challenge as she does have experience choosing clothing for red carpet events and, it turns out, she is also a designer with a label. Not too far out of the park to place her in a judges chair. I love Michael Kors...didn't he give us the "pooping fabric" comment last year (see Qristal this year for reference.) He'll keep telling it like he sees it. And Heidi...her reactions at times seemed clueless while the other judges "got it" but she is a terrific host.

Good first show...loved the design space building (the interior design is spot on modern) and the apartments. As long as they don't put them in cars to drive down palm tree studded streets, I'm okay with it all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy;3672506;
    Christopher is kind of dreamy. That's all.
    Christopher is VERY dreamy. I wonder if he and Tim G will be having dates at Red Lobster?????

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by erbear04;3672455;
    I'm a few minutes behind on my DVR - LOVE Christopher's dress... so cute, I want one!
    Will Lifetime be selling the dresses the way Bravo did?

The constant back music and sound effects in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of the show were maddening! Who on earth thought up that grand idea? Bravo's PR had music interjected at appropriate moments but this was relentless. It made the show feel stressful and rushed. I liked some of the casting and if the show was back home at Bravo I think I would be more satisfied. As of now, I am annoyed and feel that my auditory senses have been assaulted. Lifetime, turn off the damn music!!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3674331;
    Christopher is VERY dreamy. I wonder if he and Tim G will be having dates at Red Lobster?????
    HA! Are we lucky enuff to get another Santino on this season? Doubtful! I am glad he won though, his dress was stunning!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3674953;
    HA! Are we lucky enuff to get another Santino on this season? Doubtful! I am glad he won though, his dress was stunning!
    Andre's the one who was going to Red Lobster (according to Santino's crazy mind).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast