+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All-Stars Special - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: Project Runway All-Stars Special - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I wasn't too fond of Korto during her season either. I felt her designs were too one-note, it was always the same shape and fabric choices, even more so tha Uli who got critisised for it. She came across as somewhat negative, but like you said, ibot, it was drowned in Kenley.

ETA: If they thought Jeffrey winning was a mistake, why bring him back for a new chance at a prize? Or did they know they wouldn't let him win a second time and brought him back just for drama? (I haven't seen this so I don't know how it played out that they thought his win was a mistake)
    Last edited by femme fatale; 08-21-2009 at 08:41 AM.

I like Daniel and think he should have won his season, but I was not surprised he won last night. I really didn't like his collection, except for the black dress, but the judges liked him and I think part of their decision was made on how well everything was executed and also making up for him not winning his season.
    I like Korto and her collection but I did not like the way she handled her loss. She acted so immature. I was surprised Chris made the final four, didn't like all the gray plaid and that he slept alot when he was suppose to be working. That was kind of funny though.
    I was so glad the two Jerks, Jeffrey and Santino, didn't make the final four and hope I never see them again on PR.

Did anyone notice Chris's final model was that girl from last season of Make Me A Supermodel? Mutaha (sic). I think she made it to the finals but didn't win.
    Last edited by straycat80; 08-21-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added something

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I loved seeing all the designers again!!! Sooo awesome!!!
    For me, I was way more excited over the All Star Special than over the new season - we know these designers and they are all great in their own way, and we don't know anything about the new people yet!
    Anyways, I too was surprised that Daniel won. My favorites outfits were from Uli, Sweet P and Korto (although I agree that Korto's attitude was awful). Love seeing Chris March (he's been designing for Beyonce & Prince!?), but he REALLY needed to wake up!
    Anyways, great idea for a show... perhaps we can have another All Star Special some day?

FORT Fogey

Chris might have been shown sleeping, but he got the work done and I guess that is all that counts. I remember that he always worked fast so if he had time to rest, that is his business. I would think carying all that extra weight is exhausting...and he did look heavier to me on this show.
    He is a sweetheart though and I am so glad he got the credit he deserved by placing in the top four.

old cow

I liked Daniel's collection but i think Korto or Chris should have won! Their collections were much much better IMO but idk, maybe they gave it too Daniel b/c he didnt win during his season.... Still it wasn't a bad collection.

Korto was frustrated with the judges, because she did produced high quality work, which I couldn't say for the some of them. I didn't fault her for the outburst and like she said, it would have been nice of them to tell her why she didn't win a second time around. On that same note, Korto needs to realize that her clothes are more in-line with Ready to Wear for department stores Macys, Nordstrom, Belks, etc. I cannot see paying over $1000 for this. Daniel only had one outfit that was okay, the rest was not so good in my opinion and thus don't see why he won. I really thought Uli should have been the winner because all of her pieces were beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3672994;
    Chris might have been shown sleeping, but he got the work done and I guess that is all that counts. I remember that he always worked fast so if he had time to rest, that is his business. I would think carying all that extra weight is exhausting...and he did look heavier to me on this show.
    He is a sweetheart though and I am so glad he got the credit he deserved by placing in the top four.
    Even though Chris' outfits were well made, I kept thinking when has it ever snowed at a red carpet event I thouht he was designing it for the red carpet event in Russia. As far as the sleeping, I think Chris is suffering from sleep adnea (sp). Especially with all that weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3672874;
    I don't think Daniel's collection was so bad that there's a conspiracy to find somewhere. His looks were cohesive, and he went the different route of adding separates and sportswear instead of doing all dresses. Korto's stuff was more visually eye-popping, but maybe they were judging with other criteria than just "wow" factor.

It's not the first surprising decision from Nina, Michael and Heidi, that's for sure.
    I think they liked the fact that he went with a sportswear look and it was cohesive - even the red carpet gown. And for myself...if they are seeking a young and hip look for the red carpet (all through the shows they judges have always looked for "out there" or young and hip type design) then Daniel's best fit that category.

I liked his red carpet dress the best if only for the styling of the sides and the detailing in the stitching and yes, I could see a young star wearing it. I love Daniel, always have, and hope his career gets even more of boost now.

Aw, Chris, sweet Chris. I am both excited that he is excited for his validation as a FASHION designer and concerned for his health. The weight plus the snoring may indicate a sleep apnea problem where he stops breathing during his nighttime sleep and wakes frequently to re-start it. This means that he doesn't get a good rest at night and results in napping during the day. If that is his problem, he can get help for it.

It was terrific to see these all-stars in the PR workroom again...working it out. I was pleased at the progress they've made and the advances in their careers. Korto still uses color beautifully and Sweet P has upped her sophistication factor. I thought Uli's experiment with structure was well done, but I also missed her Florida look. Michael just can't seem to climb out of his man's point of view. At least Santino brought the clown factor back for another go-around, though clowns scare me. Jeffrey really wasn't there, was he?

I couldn't figure out how, with the collections ready for the runway, they would stretch out that last hour...and then the commercials really kicked in. Did anyone else find the overly long commercial breaks to be a big annoyance? Anyway - good show, lotsa fun. Now...on to the new guys.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3673018;
    Korto was frustrated with the judges, because she did produced high quality work, which I couldn't say for the some of them. I didn't fault her for the outburst and like she said, it would have been nice of them to tell her why she didn't win a second time around.
    Sorry I disagree. There is no reason for the outburst...and interesting that they chose to air that and her previous comments about being annoyed at losing. They did not"owe" Korto an on-air discussion as to why Daniel won and she placed second...any more then the others deserved the same kind of commentary. She was the only one who fixated on the no win ( along with Santino). Most everybody else was pleased with what PR did for their career. Apparently Korto was not so gracious and appreciative

FORT Fogey

When I saw the last collections, I loved Daniel's collection and knew the judges would love it because it's so fashion-forward sporty. If you look at each piece, the details and the nuances are impeccable. Korto's is so done. I would rather have Uli's in the 4 highest. What got her to the highest 4 was that restaurant dress which I thought was a fluke. And I'm surprised she thinks she should have won over Leanne! And I kinda dig the disco vibe of Santino's final collection. Michael Knight's collection does fit his clientelle because it's so hoochie. And my suspicions that Jeffrey didn't execute his final collection during his season were reaffirmed by his final collection. And it's funny that Chris didn't realize until the judges pointed out that his designs were 80's American sportswear inspired. And what's up with him sleeping most of the time?

+ Reply to Thread