+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All-Stars Special - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: Project Runway All-Stars Special - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I forgot to say that Jeffrey's restaurant dress was one of the most hideous things I have ever seen!! Frighteningly fugly!!!

And what was up w/ his 'stache? Was that real or a glue on prop?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Regular

What a terrible decision on the judges' part tonight. Honestly, I liked Daniel well enough in his season, but I hated his looks tonight. The only one I found even tolerable was his red carpet dress, and it didn't look red carpet to me. Korto's collection was so superior to his that I can't understand how on earth they could justify picking him.

Usually, I understand why they chose someone even if I don't agree with them. I don't understand this at all. I honestly thought Daniel's was one of the weakest, and ugliest, collections shown tonight.

I wonder if it just didn't translate well to the tv screen? Because on my screen, it was uninspiring.

Korto was ROBBED. And Daniel's restaurant dress was ugly. I just didn't get it at all.
    24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case - you figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy;3672561;
    Korto was ROBBED. And Daniel's restaurant dress was ugly. I just didn't get it at all.
    Thank GOD it doesn't seem to be just me who feels that way!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I was hoping Chris would get it.

Daniel wrote a book, Fashion Inside Out. , Below is a quote from the website:

"Fashion Inside Out. The photo-heavy book is a thoughtful overview of the fashion design process from start to finish, with interviews from industry leaders such as Diane von Furstenberg, Todd Oldham, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia and countless other fashion insiders who give their advice, point of view, and personal narratives on making it work in this ever-changing industry. "

Two of the four All Star judges were subjects in his book. Who knows, maybe Michael Kors and Heidi are among the "fashion insiders who give their advice..."

Interesting....could this have influenced their decision?

Yup...my jaw dropped when they announced that Daniel won. I really thought Korto was going to win. Her red carpet dress and his restaurant challenge were much better than Daniel's. She was definitely robbed. I really think that Daniel has a good relationship with the judges that's why he won.

I don't think Daniel's collection was so bad that there's a conspiracy to find somewhere. His looks were cohesive, and he went the different route of adding separates and sportswear instead of doing all dresses. Korto's stuff was more visually eye-popping, but maybe they were judging with other criteria than just "wow" factor.

It's not the first surprising decision from Nina, Michael and Heidi, that's for sure.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I believe that Korto should have won too. Her dresses were beautiful and women would WANT to wear them.
    Each outfit was lovely and different from one another but most especially her restaurant dress. I actually thought they were going to give a separate prize for that category.

I also think that Mycheal should have been in the final four instead of Daniel. I thought Daniel's was creepy and that most women would not want to wear those outfits. The colors were not flattering black and blue?? and the clothes were only for thin young women. Did Lindsay Lohan make the final choice?

I was so surprised by Uli's collection, it really did lack any inspiration of color or pattern boldness. The thing about Uli when she was on her season, they kept saying you make the same thing over and over, then last night they said --oh we were looking forward to seeing Uli type clothes.
    Last edited by deannafrances; 08-21-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: hit return by mistake
    DOLPHIN, DOG, AND DEER DREAMER

FORT Fogey

I remember not being fond of Korto during her season. If we didn't dislike Kenley so much, more would have been made of the negativity of Korto. Granted, her cothes are beautiful, but she came onto this show spouting AT LEAST TWICE that she was still ANNOYED at having lost her season.....ANNOYED!!!

When she ever rolled her eyes when they announced Daniel's name, I was shocked at how overt her ugliness was...and then to actually go on about losing twice....just one unpleasant self-centered woman.

I did enjoy the show for showing that they made an error in Jeffrey's win and for showing that the "famous" Santino's personality really wears thin on a second viewing....two jerks

+ Reply to Thread