+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 7 (NYC) - Premieres Jan. 14th - News and Speculation

Project Runway 7 (NYC) - Premieres Jan. 14th - News and Speculation

**NOTE: This thread is about Season 7, which won't air until 2010.

To discuss Season 6, which premieres Aug 20, 2009, please use the correct thread**

------------------------

Season 6 still hasn't premiered, but it's good to know they aren't taking their time in bringing us future seasons:
    Project Runway Contestants Arrive, Begin Filming in NYC

6/17/09 at 1:28 PM

And so it begins! We're hearing that Project Runway began its stint in New York yesterday, with contestants settling down in their new digs at the Atlas (66 W. 38th Street, at Sixth Avenue; previous contestants also lived here last summer). Our spy reports that yesterday a sign was posted by the elevators informing residents that the rooftop would be closed between noon and 9 p.m. for the customary "arrival party with Tim and Heidi" scene, perhaps?? Later, around 5:30 p.m., our spy saw headsetted crew members enter the building with luggage that had tags indicating it had just arrived from JFK: "I asked them if someone was moving in, and one of them, trying to be discreet about it, said 'sort of.'" When directly asked, however, a crew member then confirmed that this was indeed all for Project Runway, and that contestants would be living in the building for the next five weeks.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Project Runway 7 - Now Filming (NYC) - News and Speculation

Thanks for this information. Will you be able to do any spying?

Possibly, but it won't be as easy this year. My office is still down the street from all the action (Parson's, Bryant Park, Michael Kors, etc.), but now I work remotely from home, so I'm not down in that area all that often anymore.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

My pick for this season is Jay Nicolas Sario (my previous pre-season picks were Keith Michael-season 3, Christian Siriano-season 4, and Leanne Marshall-season 5). He lists Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, and the Mulleavy sisters as his fave designers - plus he loves Raquel Zimmermann.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Is this going to be a spoiler thread? If so, can we label it as such? I tend to avoid spoiler threads, and I'm sure other do too.

If it's NOT a spoiler thread, then can I respectfully request that any actual spoilers
    Click to see Spoiler:
    be treated as such with the handy spoiler gadget?

Thanks!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3777206;
    Is this going to be a spoiler thread? If so, can we label it as such? I tend to avoid spoiler threads, and I'm sure other do too.

If it's NOT a spoiler thread, then can I respectfully request that any actual spoilers
    Click to see Spoiler:
    be treated as such with the handy spoiler gadget?

Thanks!
    I think they would come up with it's own thread (and spoiler sub-threads) by the the time it's showing.

Ger

I cannot wait for the new show to start !!!

Looks like it will be a good one and back in NY

FORT Fogey

I'm sensing an international vibe with season 7. And I could see a lot of talent and good taste. I'm kind of liking Amy Sarabi and Maya Luz, as well (haven't seen them all yet because my laptop's having issues with the website). It's so different from last season where I didn't really have a favorite pre-season. But I'm sticking to my 1st pick, Jay Nicolas Sario. He kind of reminds me of PR Canada's Sunny Fong, who is my favorite PR (US and international) winner ever.

FORT Fogey

Judging from their ID photos on the website, my favorite model is Valeria Leonova. Only 1 model was shorter than 5'9". And a lot of the girls are not looking that great on their ID's (they're looking old or just not photogenic). Does anyone know who was the voter's pick?

FORT Fogey

I've finished seeing all the designers' videos and I'm liking, at least, 4 more designers (Mila Hermanovski, Seth Aaron Henderson, Ben Chmura, and Pamela Ptak). I can see great things this season (I hope that stepping out of the box, as long as it's not too far out, will be applauded and encouraged) and a lot of promise. I think only one can't sew well (Ping Wu, who reminds me a bit of Malvin). Sewing skills on a machine should be a requirement. I can see a lot of fluff, too; designers you can tell which were put in the mix who you can tell don't have what it takes and can be easily be eliminated at the start of the run (like fillers).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast