+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3218374;
    Apparently they are not going to have a reunion show like they have in the past? They always announce the fan fave during that show but they already did last night-Korto.
    I'm OK with Leanne winning, I figured she would. The only problem I had with her collection was hardly any color, only white, light blue and tan and alot of petals.
    I liked Korto's collection very much. I also liked Kenleys but she did copy 2 of the dresses from Balenciaga and of course had the AMQ wedding dress in there too.
    Did they use Morgan as a model from Season one?? I missed that.
    Did anyone notice Korto had Bianca from Americas Next Top Model in her show?
    Didn't she also use Danielle?

Yes, she did use Danielle but I didn't recognize her, she has lost weight. I also read on another message board that Niema was also in the show but not sure whose.

Naima (ANTM4 Winner) was in Joe's show. Eugena (ANTM7) was in Jerrel's show. Bianca (ANTM9) and Danielle (ANTM6 Winner) were in Korto's show. I think that was it lol

LeeAnne's--perfect. And the music sounded like waves too. She must have gotten someone in Portland to do the music for her.

Korto--I like the fabric of her wedding dress. But it made a thin model look thick. It didn't have much of a shape. It was lopsided and the pleated ruffles weren't pretty.

I did like the collection she showed though. The dress on Amanda was terrific. And I am not a Korto fan.

Kenley--choker, choker, choker, choker. Choke her. Choke her. Choker. She copy catted the feather idea from Christian. She only made the skirt poodle.

Jerrell--I want to see more of him. His collection was off. It didn't say spring. I think glitz is good for winter. His wedding dress was off. Clothes should make women look like one of the following: (1) thin, (2) sexy, (3) chic, (4) elegant, or (5) put together. A wedding dress could be very detailed and look great. His dress was almost ugly. And he put strange plastic flowers on her head. There was some definite decision problems there. That being said, I want to see more from him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;3218863;
    Jerrell--I want to see more of him. His collection was off. It didn't say spring. I think glitz is good for winter. His wedding dress was off. Clothes should make women look like one of the following: (1) thin, (2) sexy, (3) chic, (4) elegant, or (5) put together. A wedding dress could be very detailed and look great. His dress was almost ugly. And he put strange plastic flowers on her head. There was some definite decision problems there. That being said, I want to see more from him.
    I couldn't agree more - although I have to say I liked the "idea" behind his wedding dress. Too bad he did picked a bad color, overembellished, and dropped the ball on his bridesmaid gown.

I watched a thing on Bravo where Christian and Jillian critiqued his work. They didn't gush, that's for sure. And they talked more about his models than his outfits. I got the feeling they didn't like his collection but were trying to be polite about it.

Despite all of this, I actually really like his work. I love the layering and use of alternative textures. I think he mixes them nicely and make interesting designs. I really hope he is humble - and practical - enough to take and apply the comments he's heard. All he needs to do is make a few subtle refinements and he'd be awesome. I, too, want to see more.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-17-2008 at 02:22 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3218514;
    I thought when they said "granola", they meant bland or boring. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Leanne said she used some green fabric in her collection. Kors was impressed that her use of it was not granola. He meant that green fabrics could signal hippish garb rather than the sophistocated look she created.

I am definately correct on this. The term granola is freely used to describe those in Birkenstocks, Jesus sandals and hippish garb from the 70's. Crunchy is another term. I lived in granolaville before I moved to Florida.

I had to tape the show, so I just watched it last night...

I was horrified that Leanne's model brought in her dog and it pooed on the floor! Why do some people think that just because their dog is small, they do not need to be trained and house-broken (or more generally indoors-broken in this case)!!

I'm glad someone else mentioned that Kenley's wedding dress was looking a bit worn. Setting aside that I do agree that it looks like a knock-off compared to the McQueen dresses, I loved it when I first saw it on the show. However, last night I thought it looked terrible. The tulle underneath the feathers in the skirt was lopsided and I think she chose an awful model to put in that dress. It made her torso and legs look very short. I think the original model she put in it (her "muse" model - Topacio I think) must have been much taller than the model she used for the finale. I also thought it looked exceptional against Topacio's darker skin, while the finale model just looked washed out and frumpy.

I would have been happy with a Leanne or Korto win! I'm glad to hear that Korto got fan fav since she didn't get the overall win. I didn't have a problem with Leanne's subdued color palette; I thought it worked well with what she was trying to do. Although the wave pattern was repetitive, I thought she successfully used the pattern in a number of different ways. I didn't really agree with Nina's complaints that she might not be able to get past the wave/petal thing, but she didn't use this pattern earlier in the show I don't really see why they would question her ability to design without it in the future. It would be nice to see some vibrant color mixed in there, but her clean, structured style really appeals to me.

Congrats Leanne for the win!
    Congrats Korto for fan fav!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3219200;
    I didn't really agree with Nina's complaints that she might not be able to get past the wave/petal thing, but she didn't use this pattern earlier in the show I don't really see why they would question her ability to design without it in the future.
    Despite Nina's comment about Leanne's collection (which I actually agree with) I heard her say at the very end (i.e. after Leanne learned she won) "You deserve it".

She must believe in her.

FORT Fogey

I think they do not want to be obvious in showing who they want to win before the winner is declared. So to add dramatic tension to the finale, they would name faults, and make it seem that it was a harder decision than it really was.

I agree, watts. As I mentioned before, Leanne seemed to have just one endorsement after the show - Nick - while they showed Fern telling Kenley it was a good show and Jillian and others saying they preferred Korto. It was a hide the thimble moment, but I must admit, I thought they would give it to Korto. The reaction shots during the runway walks also downplayed any positive reactions to Leanne's show.

About those "petals" which were waves...Tia wore the one dress (the evening gown) that wasn't. It was soft, though there was some pleating for movement and, other than color, it was a different look. But, yes, Leanne does fold fabric for her structures. I guess that it what I like about them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread