+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Yeah, I've heard that Jexter. In interviews others have said that Suede was one of the lowest keyed there and that he was helpful and always offered a shoulder. I also read an interview where he mentioned that some guy came up to him and called him an idiot for speaking in the 3rd party and Suede said "why does it bother you? There's more important things to worry about, like the environment and politics and the war." And the guy apologized and said he was right.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3220477;
    Yeah, I've heard that Jexter. In interviews others have said that Suede was one of the lowest keyed there and that he was helpful and always offered a shoulder. I also read an interview where he mentioned that some guy came up to him and called him an idiot for speaking in the 3rd party and Suede said "why does it bother you? There's more important things to worry about, like the environment and politics and the war." And the guy apologized and said he was right.
    I give both of them credit for being who they are - doing their own thing but kind along the way. And while their design skills may have been questioned along the way, they both had their moments, and they must do some things right or they would never have made it on the show.

The videos on Bravo's site are pretty fun and informative.

I am late with my comments about the finale, but here goes.

I am totally okay with Leanne winning. Yes, her collection could have used more colors and taken the whole wave thing further, but what she did, was executed beautifully. I simply can't deny her talent and creativity. I am sure she has a lot more to show the world. Hers was the collection I liked best at first viewing.

I think Korto was a strong runner-up. I hated the two bright green outfits and thought there were similar designs. Her use of color, besides the green, was wonderful. There were a few designs that I did not like, but many that I thought were beautiful and well done. However, I am surprised that she won fan favorite. I did not like her personality and thought she could be somewhat cold and arrogant at times. I thought Jerell should have won. He has talent, but he needs guidance and discipline and the ability to edit. He may well have a decent career.

Kenley deserved to finish third. There were some pieces that I really liked, but more that I did not like. I have to say that her bridal dress was way too similar to the McQueen design. She lacks originality and is way too ignorant about fashion history. I think she did do copy-cat designs in some instances. She has talent, but her inability to take advice and constructive criticism will hurt her in her quest for a fashion career.

I did not think these collections stood up to the previous two seasons. Leanne and Korto are good designers, but I was not blown away. I do think that both of them should have strong careers in fashion.

I felt so let-down after the final show. I don't know if it's because it's the last PR on Bravo, or because the collections were just not that great. It will be interesting to see what happens next season. It all felt so anti-climactic.

I am totally okay with Leanne winning. Yes, her collection could have used more colors and taken the whole wave thing further, but what she did, was executed beautifully. I simply can't deny her talent and creativity. I am sure she has a lot more to show the world. Hers was the collection I liked best at first viewing.
    I think the reason behind the colors (or lack thereof) is because her inspiration was waves: foam, sea water, sand. In that respect it makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3221214;
    I think the reason behind the colors (or lack thereof) is because her inspiration was waves: foam, sea water, sand. In that respect it makes total sense.
    I would have liked to see more variety in her colors, though. The sea is more than just those light colors. Some deeper jewel tones would have improved the look.

But then, I don't like sea foam green.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112