+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3219589;
    Thanks for the great info and pic, spirit!

Is it me, or did Joe lose a little weight since the show?
    You know, we talked about that...he is much thinner, and smaller in person. We said it must be true that the camera really does put on 20 pounds! LOL!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spirit007;3219583;
    I talked to Joe Faris this week...
    Thanks for sharing Spirit. That was SO nice of you. I love Joe. Always have.

Sidenote: regarding the issue of "one-note" runway shows....I caught a repeat of the finale and it seems to me that Korto was just as one-note as Leanne. Where Leanna used petals, Korto use pleats.

The only difference is that Korto used different colored fabric. But, Leanne gave us shorts, slacks, jackets etc.

From this respect, both are equal in the one-note category.

Each also had spectacular background music which was PERFECT for their collections.

I loved all three, but at the end of the day, I think Leanne deserved the win - not only because of what she did but because of what she can do.

spirit007, you are so lucky to have met Joe! Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the thing about the designers being one-note, I agree with some of the posters that said that it is very hard to be completely original with your designs. Pretty much everything has been done already, and it's a challenge to not take a little inspiration from other designers.

But regarding Kenley, her designs are really similar to McQueen's. I like her, and I would like to think that she thought of the design all on her own, but they're just so similar.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I just realized after watching this epi again, that the way they showed on the runway was a foreshadowing of how they placed (Jerell, then Kenley, then Korto, finally Leanne). So I was wondering who gets to decide the order of the runway show (if its random or someone subconsciously placed them according to how they aesthetically looked, based on that person's taste, of course).

I watched the top 3 exit interviews and Kenley still doesn't get it. What a whiner - boo hoo Kenley. Korto congratulated Leanne and was a good sport about not winning even in her deep sorrow about the results.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Its funny. I finally got to watch the finale show. I remember Leanne's colors and petals but not one specific piece. In Korto's, I remember specific pieces. Looking at pictures only I thought Leanne should have won. But on the runway, I was leaning more toward Korto, even though there was one or two of her pieces I really did not like.

Kenley did beautiful fabric painting, but I, too recognized some of her designs. I didn't know the names of the designers, but I was sure I had seem them before. Not that I had seen something that reminded me of the, or that I saw where the original came from and the different spin the designer did. But I thought I had seen THAT particular outfit.

I thought they edited her better in the final show. And that she, although sounding snotty, admitted that she needed to bone up on her designers.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit007;3219583;
    Joe's a great guy who is very thankful for the experience and he has gotten a ton of good exposure and a lot more new business - he's going to do great in the future.
    That's awesome spirit, thx for sharing the info!
    I think it is really great to hear that he is sharing his knowledge with the kids!!

Best luck to him and his future in the fashion industry

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3219667;
    Sidenote: regarding the issue of "one-note" runway shows....I caught a repeat of the finale and it seems to me that Korto was just as one-note as Leanne. Where Leanna used petals, Korto use pleats.

That is what I thought too.

Hope Jerrell and Joe do well, the top 3 also. Jerrell is talented, I like his designs.

FORT Fogey

In watching some of the videos on Bravo, it appears that despite all the mud-slinging about Blayne and Suede, the other designers seem to really like them.

+ Reply to Thread