+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion - Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3218937;
    I lived in granolaville before I moved to Florida.
    Totally unrelated to PR, but "Florida" + "granola" seems like a logical impossibility, kind of like a round square.

Too funny!

Although, now that I think about it, Florida must have its own version of "granola" but instead of living as one with the land, it would be protecting the ocean.

That group of people needs a name. Maybe there is one, but living in Minnesota, I wouldn't have a clue as to what it is.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-18-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3218291;
    as I recall, a few seasons back, one of the finalists didn't win because her design style for fashion week was too repetitive and one note ( the lady with the red hair). So, I'm a bit confused as to why Leanne won. Her wavy design was done to death, talk about being hit over the head with one look. For me, personaly, her color pallate was bland, she came across as being afraid to use color and her wedding dress hung funny in the back, making the model look like she had `muffin butt.' Korto or Kenley would have been the better choices to win, imo, both of their collections had such life and joy and passion- I didn't feel that with Leanne, and frankly,I thought her skirts and dressess looked like those little white hat things you put on the end of turkey or chicken legs. Kenely has the ability to go far beyond what she is doing -she showed a wide range of techniques which all tied in, once she learns the history of fashion she'll learn to meld it into he rown style (which i personally think is joyful)Korto has this amazing ability to blend jewelry into her creations so that they are part of the outfit itself- her color choices are stunning, she can design for a wide range of sizes. Her cultural influence is present without being overwhelming.
    I feel the judges got it wrong, although it's apparent a lot of viewers think leanne is the best, as well.

Finally someone I agree with!!1

Oh and the wave 'petal' thing that leanne has done. Has been done before. Valentino did it last year on a jacket. I have a picture of being worn by a celebrity last winter. I didn't see the judges jumping down Leannes throat for being a copy cat. I guess that kind of one sidedness was just reserved for Kenley. What people must realize is that most if not all fashion has been done before. Also what 90 percent of what these designers design can't be worn by a real women. You have to be stick thin and tall in order to wear it. That is why I j'adore Kortos collection a real woman could actually wear a couple of those pieces.

As for being Fan Favorite I would have never chosen Korto I probably would have chosen Stella. However I don't think certain designers were eligible for it after a certain point.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3219410;
    Totally unrelated to PR, but "Florida" + "granola" seems like a logical impossibility, kind of like a round square.

Too funny!

Although, now that I think about it, Florida must have its own version of "granola" but instead of living as one with the land, it would be protecting the ocean.

That group of people needs a name. Maybe there is one, but living in Minnesota, I wouldn't have a clue as to what it is.
    LOL! yes it is. I am not crunchy, but a there is a huge granola contingent in central MA. In Florida, no!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;3219437;
    Oh and the wave 'petal' thing that leanne has done. Has been done before. Valentino did it last year on a jacket. I have a picture of being worn by a celebrity last winter.
    Probably true, but she did it a different way. She showed it in dresses, skirts, a vest, and gowns. You said it was done on a jacket. Kenley's was so much like the McQueen gown, silhouette and all. And if a design embellishment like a "petal" is done before, what about designers that use embroidery, appliques, ribbons, etc.? How unoriginal!

IMHO many. many "looks" have been done, re-done & copies. There are a finite ways fabrics can get designed, cut & sewn.
    It is the way the designs are interperative 9sp?) that make them new, different, & unique.
    Kenely's designs were just about duplicates of what were already designes my McQueen & Balenicia. I could/would have been OK if these were designs from a decade or 2 ago but Kenley took these designs from practically the latest collections. I am actually surprised that she didn't try & duplicate a Michael Kors Original. I am sorry but that bridal gown was almost an exact rip-off. The sleeves on that painetd dress were a duplicate!
    Leanne "might" have used a looked that was already done before but it was the way she interpated that look to make it uniquely her own. Leanne's were very different.
    Korto was great but many of her designs would have been difficult for the average sized woman to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3218296;
    I'm happy for Leanne, and she's a worthy winner, but I really preferred Korto's collection and was rooting for her.

My concern with Leanne is, what are you left with when you take away all the petals? What can she do without the geometric gimmicks? Her color palette was kind of washed (even for spring), although I will admit the bridal gown is just as stunning the second time. I just saw more life in Korto's clothes.
    I'm glad she won Fan Favorite at least.
    I agree with you 100%. I thought that Leanne's collection was very "one note" too. Also, she only used 3 colors for the entire line: Off-white, Beige and Turquoise, to me, that was more representative of beach or cruise wear than Spring. But I do agree, her Bridal gown was the best of the 3.

Korto's collection to me seemed more varied, not only in color, but in the different style selections. I thought she was the best of the three, not only in the finale, but throughout. She may have had a few hiccups, but not as bad as some of the others. I'm glad she won Fan Favorite too!!

As to Kenley, what can I say other than, I'm glad she lost. She was truly one of the most annoying and unpleasant contestant PR has had. Her voice alone, monotonous and whiny, was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

For all this talk of Korto using color well, all she did was use a shiny taupe, white, ugly print, a muted teal, one gold & some admitedly gorgeous vibrant green. Where are the reds, the oranges, the blues, the pastels & the prints? I also thought the fabrics looked cheap, that's not to say they were, but the taupe, the gold, that print, and the teal all looked cheap IMO. Not to mention she threw too much stuff (okay, not like Jerrell) at the outfits - esp the white dress & the short taupe with the pouffy sleeves.

Korto did not do a SPRING collection. That was more representative of fall.

Leanne's collection told a story, which is what you want a collection to do.

Don't get me wrong, I loved alot of her looks - esp the pants one & the long green dress - and I thought she would've been worthy of the win if Leanne hadn't hit a home run. I think Korto will be extremely successful as a commercial designer or an in-house designer.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3218374;
    Apparently they are not going to have a reunion show like they have in the past?
    I talked to Joe Faris this week and he said the producers decided not to do a reunion show this year. However, they are all going out to L.A. this coming week for a huge blow-out party with everyone.

Joe had a few things to say about the show...

- Overall, it was a great experience.
    - Tim G. is a wonderful, wonderful person.
    - He was pulling for Korto, but said he was happy if either Korto or Leanne won.
    - Kenley is really like how we saw her on the show...even though SHE said they edited her to make her look bad on the show. But Joe said he still likes her, he said you just have to understand her and accept her for who she is.
    - He still talks regularly with the other contestants.
    - Even though the season was months long for us the viewers, they actually taped all the shows in a row and it went very quickly for them. He said it was an unbelievable pace!

Joe was kind enough to stop by the school I work for and spend some time with the creative arts students looking at their fashion designs and giving them advice. He was great with the kids and it was a HUGE thrill for them! He even donated a a leather jacket he made for the school to auction off to raise money! I'm guessing that will get a lot of bids at the auction!

Here is a picture of him sharing his fashion knowledge...

Photobucket

Joe's a great guy who is very thankful for the experience and he has gotten a ton of good exposure and a lot more new business - he's going to do great in the future.
    Last edited by spirit007; 10-18-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks for the great info and pic, spirit!

Is it me, or did Joe lose a little weight since the show?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread